+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last one promise! @Tahli you can try PM again if you like.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kmonkey For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (11-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've just sent you a PM @kmonkey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I too would love to find any diblings (donor siblings). My beautiful daughter was born March 2015. We used Baby2Mom, donor id A - AB 1728 (Johannesburg). I believe our donor donated a few time before resulting in successful pregnancies. ☺

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Open to contact from egg donor

I'm am so thrilled to have found a fellow egg recipient of our donor A SV 1949 Baby2Mom. Just thought I'd put it out there to our donor, if she ever stumbles across this post that I am open to making contact. The law in South Africa states donor's must be anonymous and I assume donors are advised not to try and contact recipients but just thought I'd put it out there. I'm not looking to intrude on her privacy but would love to share the joy she has brought to our lives.
    xx

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kmonkey For This Useful Post:

Chmeille  (29-10-2017),Minniemin  (11-11-2017),Petec74  (03-12-2017),Tahli  (29-10-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Global website?

@Canuck1, you mentioned a global website, can you please advise what it is? I would love to have contact with my Egg or sperm donor. I would love to be able to thank them and/or share photos if they were open to receiving them of the beautiful precious gift they gave me. My precious daughter, nearly 8 months. I saw Dr Matebese at CFC in Cape Town for treatment in July 2016. Donor Egg collection on 22nd, transfer on 27th. Sperm donor 676W who has reached his limit of 6 births, and went through Nurture with donor Alivia, she too has reached her limit of 6 donations/live births.
    I have read on one of the sperm bank sites just last week there is discussion about increasing the limit from 6 to 10. I would love to give my DD a full biological sibling, no frozen from the ED, so unless it changes very soon, that won't be happening.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Increase in donations

My egg donor has also reached her maximum donation despite me requesting Baby2mom to inform her we would love to use her again in the future as we had no embryos to freeze. Unfortunately it’s a money game for these agencies and my request was never passed onto our donor. Despite 2 of her additional donations not result in any pregnancies, she still isn’t allowed to make any further donations. Something needs to change and recipients need to be informed about there options if no embryos made it to the freezer. If we had known we would have requested a second cycle as soon as our donor was ready. It really isn’t a perfect set up and hopefully some allowances can be made in the future. I also find it frustrating that our donor expressed interest in having contact but when I responded with the same request the agency said it was not allowed. I am so great full to have made contact with a fellow recipient of our donor and hope this will one day satisfy our sons curiosity’s.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kmonkey For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (04-12-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kmonkey, wow, that is great news about finding another recipient of you ED. I hope I am that lucky.
    I agree with you, something needs to change regarding siblings. I have posted on another thread info I found regarding sibling donation, however my application (made on my behalf by CFC) the health department declined it, even though my beautiful ED signed a form giving her consent to donate again for a sibling, which went with the application.
    If I want a sibling for my DD, I have to start searching for a new ED. I was told 5 was the maximum only to find out it is actually 6. If I'd known that, I would have paid to secure her as soon as I had the BFP so I could try again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Donor Sibling Registry

Here is the website for the global donor sibling registry. I have chosen Cape Fertility as most of us seem to have gone there. There isn't much there, but I will be adding my child's information soon.

https://www.donorsiblingregistry.com...istry?faID=190

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

Petec74  (06-12-2017)