+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First ivf = Big fat yucky horrible NEGATIVE. 1 last embryo

Thanks guys! Ugh this period after ivf is just like rubbing salt in the wound! Hey sorry I know you were hoping to be pregnant but you're not so as a consolation prize how about the period from hell! I had my day of crying and then my day of complete anger and then I realised I need to get over it, no point in crying it failed and I can't change it! So now I'm just focusing on the next cycle even though part of me is now terrified I'll be that poor woman that ivf never works for but I got my 1 little blastie getting transferred in may I'm **** scared of seeing that lonely 1 pink line again but this time I'm just not going to stress and obsess over every cramp or twinge whatever happens happens I suppose!
    Last edited by Mumma2be13; 29-03-2017 at 17:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies! Hoping to join this thread... as the others are so FULL! @Mermaid13 having my first egg pick up on Wed 5/4. We were going to PGS all of them due to my age but I want to try a fresh one first, so if all goes well and they fertilise I'll be having my first transfer on Monday 10/4, rest to test and FET at a later date. Now I'm interfering with the interfering if you know what I mean and hope I haven't made the wrong decision. We have undiagnosed infertility and have no other risk factors, so more than hoping it sticks and it's a good one! Wishing you all the luck I can muster x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!

@augieandaddie

How did your EPU go? 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Mermaid13. It went okay, sadly numbers down... 5 collected, only 4 could be inseminated, 3 fertilised normally at this stage. Hope something makes it to transfer. Considering the numbers, I guess that makes the success percentages high. Looking for the silver lining! I decided to try for a fresh transfer, as we were going to freeze and test as first plan. But as the only risk factor is age (I've just turned 38) we decided just to try a freshie ... I'm worried though after reading reports of higher success rates for FET. If this doesn't transfer doesn't take, my plan is to undergo IVF again, and batch them and freeze/test all at once... we'll see! I think I'm over thinking but important to take some control in the otherwise uncontrollable roller coaster this is! Transfer on Monday. PS did local and felt like a champ! Recovery very quick and easy. I knew I wasn't at risk of to many eggs being collected, however saying that one ovary was almost completely inaccessible and warning... details... they had to retrieve from my abdomen, Dr said he could have gotten more had I been under as he could have been more aggressive. The left were smaller anyways so hoping they wouldn't have been mature enough anyways... hate to think I wasted an egg or two considering I had so few to begin with. Saying that, I would do local again. Thanks for checking up on me. I bet you can't wait for May! x