ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First ivf = Big fat yucky horrible NEGATIVE. 1 last embryo

First ivf failed boooooooooo!
    Ok I have only have 1 frozen embie left! How common is it that they don't make it to transfer? Do I have a good chance of my little embie making it? Even tho I only just found out yesterday it failed I'm trying to convince QFG to let me transfer it in 2 weeks. My body feels the same as it did before starting ivf, I was lucky had no pain with injections or side effects just a little ovary pain around ET so I'm ready to go!
    Last edited by Mumma2be13; 28-03-2017 at 22:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear you have not been successful, it's hard news to take. I've had 2 FETs and both thawed successfully. My first FET was my only embryo left too and I was super nervous about it thawing ok.
    These days the techniques for freezing and thawing embryos have a very high success rate. I think your chances of having a transfer are very good.
    I now have a DD and DS through IVF, it took 4 transfers all up.
    Best of luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Mumma2be13  (28-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How many days past transfer are you/were you when you did the test? Is it still to early? Have you had your BT?
    Different clinics are different about if you have to have a break in between cycles or not. If it was a full cycle and not just a transfer I would say you need to have a break, if it was just an FET they may let you go again straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks rosey!

@mish239 I did my tests on day 6 and 7 and the nurse said if I'm still getting negatives on day 7 then yeah it looks like it's negative and then later I got my period! I knew day 5 it was over when all my symptoms had gone. I fully understand that but I have no pain, no discomfort and I feel fine! If they say I have less chance if I don't wait then absolutely I'll wait but I've already waited 5 years!
    Last edited by Mumma2be13; 29-03-2017 at 00:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I had my FET in 2014 my clinic said they were getting slightly better results from frozen transfers compared to fresh so I definitely wouldn't look at it as a bad thing. My dd is the result of a FET. How many days was the embryo when frozen? I think that can have an impact more than the freezing itself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gingermillie

It was 5 days they only do 5 days at qfg. They put them in the incubator on day 1 and don't disturb them at all so it was a long 5 days with no update! I only had 6 eggs, 4 fertilise and 2 made it to 5 day and they the other 2 were given an extra day but didn't make it so only 1 little blasty left!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid13 View Post
    Hi gingermillie

It was 5 days they only do 5 days at qfg. They put them in the incubator on day 1 and don't disturb them at all so it was a long 5 days with no update! I only had 6 eggs, 4 fertilise and 2 made it to 5 day and they the other 2 were given an extra day but didn't make it so only 1 little blasty left!
    Well that's a good sign - if it was only a 2 or 3 day embryo I'd be more worried about quality as a lot can happen in those days which make an embryo not progress. My dd was a 5 day embryo too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry @Mermaid13, I was praying it was still to early for you.
    I found that after I had a break I was more successful with the transfers. The first one after a break was a chemical but made me positive a bit because at least it tried to implant and the 2nd one I got my BFP. I think my body just handles it better after a break and had calmed down from all the drugs etc. wishing you the best for your next go and hope you get your BFP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry this was not your time hon

My two cents worth .... all embryos are precious, but last embryos are particularly so. With that in mind, if I were you I'd want to give my body every possible chance of being ready for the next transfer.

Personally, I'd take a month off to prepare mentally and physically for your next transfer

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's also good to take a break of at least one cycle, to allow your body to recover from the drugs etc. irrespective of whether you had any pain/felt ok etc.