+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seeking advice on more kids

Hi all. I am just after some advice. DH and I are considering trying for number 3 and then 4. Currently have DD 4 and DS 2. DH and I run our own business but I do get to do alot from home. I have concerns that I won't be able to give future kids enough attention as I feel like now I feel I tell my kids "Mums busy" too often. DH is amazing when he is at home though he does work long hours and I am afraid I will be doing it all on my own and get too overwhelmed. Can anyone offer some advice / insight?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have 3 kids, 3, 5 & 7 years. We have no help and both work.

It is tough, and we're both tired. I consciously try to spend a bit of time with each kid each day but that means that chores are being done at 10pm at night.
    It's def a lot busier with 3 than 2.

I'm exhausted but wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had this fear when deciding on going for number 3! We have 3yr 2yr and 3 month old and the first 6-8 weeks after number 3 was born was hard! I was so exhausted but now things have settled down (we moved interstate the week before he was born and then in hotel for few weeks until we moved into our house finally at 3 weeks old) I haven't really struggled to give them each appropriate attention. I think what have to remember is that at one time one may need a little extra attention than another and it's hard when that happens at once. If you are organised then it is easy to find snippets of the day for some one on one. I know there will be more hard stages to come but for the most part I've found it not too bad to cope with a third and we will most likely go for a fourth next year.

I will add though that the thought of working is much more daunting with 3! I only work casual though and still deciding if I will go back between now and next bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've found myself much busier with 3. My older two are 5 and 7 and at school, so the baby, 2.5years seems so much younger, the gap feels like more than 3 years. I have friends that have 2 kids the same age as my older two and to be honest I find myself a bit jealous of them! Just the fact that it is a whole lot easier to go out for a meal, plan a holiday, babysitters etc etc. I think it is more about their ages at this present time.
    But that said, having a baby brother is good for the older two, they look out for him, help me get him dressed etc. And he is such a lovely baby, we couldn't imagine life without him. Plus I knew I wasn't done after 2 kids.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

Mumsbusy  (28-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have any outside support like grandparents etc for when things get too overwhelming?
    Having good support.
    Good organization is good to stay on top of things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think if you are running a business at home a lot it's unfair to tell the kids you're busy all the time. If you're working from home then you need to find alternative care arrangements for them like daycare or au pair or babysitter. If that's not possible then I would take them out first thing in the morning to wear them out, then come home for lunch and they should be happy and give you some space to do work.

I work 3 days week and have 3 kids. It is really busy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback and everyone's honesty. We do have a little support network, my mum still works FT but has DS once a week while DD is at preschool so that gives me 1 full day without both kids. You have all given me alot to think about. Xx