+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Yep I've made a few things from that page too, it's yum! the problem is that he won't try new stuff at all. But thank u, that reminds me to try and have another look - and have been meaning to make chocolate & avocado cupcakes for ages. Perhaps he'd go for a cupcake.
    DS wouldn't either. Unless it was chocolate. His recent favourite is the chocolate crackle ball things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    DS wouldn't either. Unless it was chocolate. His recent favourite is the chocolate crackle ball things.
    Might have to look them up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Food supplements for kids

The crap thing is ds2 is so ultra healthy.

He's a vege machine, will demolish 2 punnet of cherry tomatoes in quick succession, will eat anything I give him. So I know that the quality & taste of is not lacking.

Then there's this guy and he just won't touch anything.

You'd think by the 3rd kid you'd dealt with the worst of it but he is just a shocker.

I made his favourite chicken noodle soup yesterday and he only had a few spoonfuls, and then at 730 he's calling out for a jam sandwich. It's so disheartening.
    Last edited by misho; 27-03-2017 at 13:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Huge hugs @misho it's the bane of my life.
    When they are so tiny (dd1 is 2-3rd percentile) they have very small appetites and require less to fill them up and therefore the "starve till they eat" thing just doesn't work.
    I wish I could tell you it gets better with time, but dd1 is 4 now and still lives, quite literally, on carbs and the odd bit of dairy. Dd2 is also heading down the same path.
    The judgement from others is awful. At least you know it's not your parenting- your other 2 eat so that's something lol.

I was similar growing up, failure to thrive, didn't touch fruit and veg and most meat and anything with sauce etc.... drove my mum bananas. Nothing wrong with me and now I eat a bigger range than my folks- just a tiny girl with a tiny appetite.

Good luck, hope someone has better advice for you. All I know is I can't be bothered fighting day after day.

Thanks
    Reviews

I use wonder white bread with added vitamins and minerals (won't eat multi gummies or eat anything with an iron supplement), occasionally milo, most cereals are fortified as well, it's not ideal but it's something.

Here's something to put your mind at ease too- this stuck with me, a news story on a boy who ate ONLY jam sandwiches for years and was growing and healthy lol
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...wich-diet.html
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 27-03-2017 at 15:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you can also buy a tip top the one bread which has added protein. I didn't like how it toasted though and lacked the other added supplements so no good here but might be an option for you. Yogurt and custard I think are food as well.
    Sustagen doesn't taste as nice as milo and would probably fill your son up unnecessarily and could make his eating worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 was the same it eventually got to the point he would eat but before that the dr suggested making him "special milkshakes" made of milk, sustagen, pentavite and a raw egg and blend it (put in a few drops of vanilla to hide the tastes) and he loved it and all his levels went up

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought it and are currently engaged in an argument because it's not normal milk.

He refused to eat his dinner as well