+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Yes I have. I think she made an effort for the day to include her but after that left it again
    Let the teacher know it is an ongoing issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It's hard for your son but maybe the other boy just doesn't want to be friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just like adults, you can't force friendships. Perhaps they'll become friends as they get older, or maybe they won't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS1 is 4. He was friends with a little boy in 3 year old kinder, and suddenly in 4 year old kinder his friend told DS1 he was "not his best friend anymore", which thankfully DS1 wasn't bothered about and has since gone on to make other friends. The thing is is that the little boys mum and I are fairly good friends and just for my own curiosity I'd love to ask her if she knows what the heck happened? Because I am a little hurt on DS1s behalf (this boy will run for the hills when DS1 approaches him, he can't even stand to be near him!) but I don't want the other mum to feel awkward or anything. As other posters mentioned, I guess they just mustn't "click"!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone for your replies. Yeh I guess they just don't click. It was just surprising to see how he reacted to ds.. was sad to see. I just want to shield ds heart from any hurt so when I saw it it broke my heart.

I was going to suggest a play date to see how the went but after hearing responses I won't do that. It's true as you say we can't force friendships.. and he must learn not everyone will be his friend and will explain it's the same with me not everyone wants to be my friend as an adult too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kim85 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your replies. Yeh I guess they just don't click. It was just surprising to see how he reacted to ds.. was sad to see. I just want to shield ds heart from any hurt so when I saw it it broke my heart.

I was going to suggest a play date to see how the went but after hearing responses I won't do that. It's true as you say we can't force friendships.. and he must learn not everyone will be his friend and will explain it's the same with me not everyone wants to be my friend as an adult too.
    They're just little kids...they don't understand that running from someone is as mean and nasty as what it is. I learnt a long time ago not to engage in playground politics unless it's really necessary. My kids friendships have gone through ebbs and flows over the years. In fact one of the kids that gave one of my children the hardest time (they hated each other), have now been best friends for years, and it happened without any parental input at all. It is hard as the parent. I just tell my kids that things change, and you don't have to be friends with everyone, but you don't be mean.
    Some of my kids know people they've gone right through school with and never been friends. Their personalities just don't gel. It's very hard when the other parent wants to force a friendship but having play dates. As an adult I don't force myself to be friends with people I don't like, so I won't do it to my kids. I think you're making the right decision by not forcing the issue.