+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @augieandaddie thank you for the well wishes. I'm trying to wrap my head around this all and what I can do to try.
    I have already given all my mind and body to allcthis and this NKC is killing me

Thanks
    Reviews
    @augieandaddie my doctor was reluctant to test too. In fact, I have antiphospholipid syndrome, which my rheumatologist worked out I had and tested me for. My family has a history of autoimmune, so you would think I'd be a contender for NK issues, but my Sydney FS didn't want to test me. You would think that they would be just chomping at the bit to work it out. Which brings me to @cag14 don't be disheartened. What's your next step? I also don't personally know anyone who has had success with nk issues but I'm fairly sure there are women on the egg donor threads who have had success with new medication protocols. But it sucks - all of it. I think it was you who said earlier - you have to be your best advocate... you were right!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chmeille For This Useful Post:

corbes63  (07-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Chmeille be my own advocate - that certainly wasn't me. I'm not even sure what that means.

I'm on steroids now and will have a blood and ultrasound on the 24th to check the lining. Will remain on predoclene and clexane and estrogen thoughtout the whole cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Hope you don't mind me joining.
    I have done 3 banking cycle for PGS testing. I am currently day 2 of injections for cycle number 4. We were expecting to continue to bank till we had enough embryos to test, which looked like the rest of the year (estimated 7 to 8 cycles in total). We have now been told that the lab that is doing the testing will probably be increasing its prices or may in fact be closing at the end of June and as yet the fertility clinic has no contingency plan for testing beyond June. Which leaves us in a difficult position as to whether at the end of the current collection cycle we thaw our frozen day 1 embryos and grow with what is collected this cycle and test. Or wait and hope that the lab stays open and cop the price rise, no indication of what the increase maybe. I would guess at some point the fertility clinic would have to organise for another lab to take over if the current one closes down. I have contacted the lab, fertility clinic and fs but no one can give me a straight answer as to what is going on.
    We are leaning to test all after this cycle. Another problem is we are not able to transfer this cycle. The lab we are using do overnight testing and a normal embryo is able to be transferred the next day.
    Not being able to transfer this cycle would mean the tested embryos will have to go through a second freezing process. I'm concerned with them being frozen then thawed then biopsies then frozen a again before being thawed again for transfer we may not have any survive and we will be back to square one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jdee that seems so unfortunate! Why can't they grow them to day 5, at that stage there are adequate cells to collect the sample, then freeze? That's what my clinic does. I have to wait close to 2 weeks for results, it's not overnight like some allowing for a fresh tested transfer. That way they only go through the thawing process once for a FET. Wonder if that's an option?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I have a question about pgd, wondering if anyone knows?
    What are the success rates of a pgd day5 embryo?
    Do they have a high success of implanting or is it more of a case of if it does implant you have less chance of miscarriage?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @magicmashie from what I have been told there is about a 60% chance of pregnancy with a PGD embryo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannyAnny View Post
    @magicmashie from what I have been told there is about a 60% chance of pregnancy with a PGD embryo.
    Thanks shannyanny

10. The Following User Says Thank You to magicmashie For This Useful Post:

ShannyAnny  (01-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @magicmashie My FS gave us a 60/70% chance for our PGS tested 5day embryo. Waiting for my first FET... I certainly hope the odds are in our favour.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to augieandaddie For This Useful Post:

morganleroy  (08-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by augieandaddie View Post
    @magicmashie My FS gave us a 60/70% chance for our PGS tested 5day embryo. Waiting for my first FET... I certainly hope the odds are in our favour.
    Good luck augieandaddie!! Very exciting and I hope everything goes well for you