ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Would you breastfeed in public?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, i breastfed both my kids in public as they needed. It was a bit harder with the second child as i also had a 2 year old to try and keep under control as well. I can't recall ever getting any negative reaction from anyone, my boobs were quite small so nothing really on display, not that it should matter. I can recall an older lady stroking my daughter's cheek while i breastfed her in a cafe 😲

Thanks
    Reviews
    I breastfed two kids till about 20 months. I have fed everywhere! On trams, in shopping lines, at the zoo, walking around, on planes, in cafes, at a cemetery, in officeworks, at the library, at the beach, at the swimming pool, the art gallery, the playground...

I don't really care how discreet I am. If my babies are hungry, I will feed them. I have had people get annoyed at me for feeding in public. But I always think that a screaming, over-hungry baby is way worse than a potential flash of boob! My DH has always been total supportive of my approach.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do but have become less comfortable over the years. I used to feed out and proud now am very discreet or prefer to go to the car or parent's room or find a quiet corner in library or cafe, or in the ergo is fine as is pretty covered. I like to wear a singlet under a top so can lift the top and pull down the singlet. I think I'm just wary after reading so much crap on the internet from creepy guys either blasting bfeeders through their keyboard or secretly photographing them to upload and blast them. I'd like to help normalise it more but feel so worn out about it sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've publicly fed all three kids. Even as a 2yo DS1 used to feed in public. It got harder as I got more kids because we don't have a whizz bang parenting room where we are so I did try and delay feeds till we were somewhere like a park.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just fed DS at 2 yrs and 4 months, at a play cafe. He went round and round on the spinning cups for too long and got sick. Poor little sausage has only been sick with vomiting once before, he didn't know what was going on. He just wanted to feel better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    Saw a lady breastfeeding in the centre of the shopping centre today. It was really lovely actually - she had knocked her shopping bag over as she changed position and another lady stopped to repack the bag telling her just to sit and keep feeding.

Anyway - I know a lot of people are / were / would be comfortable feeding in public - and lots who arent. if the parent rooms were full (or yucky) ... would you feed in public?
    Yes I have done and would do again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    People who BF in parents rooms do you like doing so? Ive always found them to be a bit grotty and smell like pooey nappies so I avoid them as much as possible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    People who BF in parents rooms do you like doing so? Ive always found them to be a bit grotty and smell like pooey nappies so I avoid them as much as possible!
    I do if they have a play area for my toddler while I feed bub.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (24-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    There's one near home that I went into once, it was down a lonely corridor and while I was in there on my own, a trolley collector came in and did a big stinking $hit in the toilet and didn't flush. I would never go back to that one, I'd rather sit out in the centre. I realised how vulnerable I was in there. At our local Westfield though, there are two and they always smell fresh and are busy so I have no hesitation in going in there.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (24-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I've always feed in public with my 4 girls! The only time that I would use the parent room was if they had a play area and my other girls were in tow! It's a beautiful sight to see

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (24-03-2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast