+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    748
    Thanks
    410
    Thanked
    272
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great news @nightowlsurprise, I'm glad Dr L discovered your endo. It's weird that I'm happy you have endo! But only because it's something that has been identified as a possible cause to your failed cycles / infertility. And now that it's been removed, well, who knows what may happen now?

    But I'm with you, trying 3-4 months naturally sounds great if we were 10 years younger but with age against us I think I would compromise and see if trying naturally for 2 months would help.

    Who needs permission to hug Dr L, just do it honey! I have and I think I even gave him a kiss on the cheek whilst his wife was in the next room LOL. We even have a photo taken with him.

    Actually, all this talk about Dr L makes me want to go back and say hello. I did that when DS2 was 3 months old and it was Christmastime. I also popped into Genea and my OB/Gyn, who were all in the same building. I felt awkward going back to visit because I was scared there would be paitents there and I would hate to make them feel sad/upset/angry that I'm coming in showing off my son. When I told the staff this they took it the other way, that their patients can see that they do have success and would offer them hope.

    Anyway, just so happy for you that the lap went well, endo was discovered and removed and you're all ready to go make that baby

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,222
    Thanks
    179
    Thanked
    465
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBase View Post
    Great news @nightowlsurprise, I'm glad Dr L discovered your endo. It's weird that I'm happy you have endo! But only because it's something that has been identified as a possible cause to your failed cycles / infertility. And now that it's been removed, well, who knows what may happen now?

    But I'm with you, trying 3-4 months naturally sounds great if we were 10 years younger but with age against us I think I would compromise and see if trying naturally for 2 months would help.

    Who needs permission to hug Dr L, just do it honey! I have and I think I even gave him a kiss on the cheek whilst his wife was in the next room LOL. We even have a photo taken with him.

    Actually, all this talk about Dr L makes me want to go back and say hello. I did that when DS2 was 3 months old and it was Christmastime. I also popped into Genea and my OB/Gyn, who were all in the same building. I felt awkward going back to visit because I was scared there would be paitents there and I would hate to make them feel sad/upset/angry that I'm coming in showing off my son. When I told the staff this they took it the other way, that their patients can see that they do have success and would offer them hope.

    Anyway, just so happy for you that the lap went well, endo was discovered and removed and you're all ready to go make that baby
    Thanks SO much hun!!! Believe when I tell you how happy I was to hear I had it lol. I was going out of my brain trying to understand why I wasn't able to fall pregnant!! I'm so grateful Dr L was able to figure it out. He knew straight away I had it.. I have given my file to so many fs' and not 1 of them bothered reading it. I'm so grateful for Dr L and so very lucky I found him (thanks to you @AceOfBase ).

    Now to try for a couple of months and see. I really hope the quality of my eggs isn't so bad. Endo must have been damaging my eggs during the IVF process, at least I hope that's what's been happening!

    Hahahaha you sound so grateful generally, so I can just imagine how you jumped a hug on him lol. Does his wife work with him does she? I only saw Stella the receptionist and that's it. I didn't realise he had anyone else working there!!

    Oh hun, you are truly a sweetheart! You really are such a grateful kind soul I wouldn't feel like you were showing off if you brought your kids in to visit, I agree with the staff! If I saw you I would feel hope and that's what we need to see!!!!! So definitely go back and see the crew!!! Yes yes yes!!

    Are your baby making days over now hun? Maybe 1 more for you?

    Thanks so very much lovely lady!!! I am forever grateful to you!!!!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

    AceOfBase  (30-03-2017)

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    748
    Thanks
    410
    Thanked
    272
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It’s so frustrating when we go to so many FS’s and something as simple as checking for endo was never done. It’s hard to know if your eggs are OK or not, which is probably why Dr L wants you to try naturally first. And it also shows how he’s not into this for money otherwise he would have just said to do IVF straight away.

    His wife doesn’t work with him, I think she just came in for the day, she wasn’t always there. Stella is wonderful and so is Sarah, she was the other receptionist I saw some times.

    You always say such lovely things, thank you.

    Definitely no more bubs for me. I’m content with my 2 boys and no way do I want to go down the IVF path again. Even if it is with Dr L

    I’m so hopeful for you now, I have everything crossed for you lovely

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

    nightowlsurprise  (01-04-2017)

  6. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    @nightowlsurprise @AceOfBase - how does endo affect fertility again? Keep forgetting all these facts haha

    @nightowlsurprise - how are you feeling? Resting well at home? Oh yeah I remember Dr Lighten said that endo affects egg quality and now that it's gone... it should be all good! 🤗🤗

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to opheliadaze For This Useful Post:

    nightowlsurprise  (01-04-2017)

  8. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    748
    Thanks
    410
    Thanked
    272
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @opheliadaze, endometriosis can affect fertility in a few ways, whether it's blocking tubes or scarring the uterus which affects egg & sperm flow or implantation. It can attack the ovaries, causing damage to eggs. I found this link which may explain it better than me http://www.ecca.com.au/infertility-

    The good news is that it can be treated and once removed gives us a better chance of conceiving

    Also, @nightowlsurprise found this useful link too https://www.endometriosisaustralia.o...-endometriosis
    Last edited by AceOfBase; 01-04-2017 at 08:01. Reason: Added extra link

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

    nightowlsurprise  (01-04-2017),opheliadaze  (01-04-2017)

  10. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,222
    Thanks
    179
    Thanked
    465
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Dr Antony Lighten - Appreciation thread

    Thank you @AceOfBase! I just took my dressing off and wow, Dr L is amazing! I can barely see anything! His incisions are invisible lol! He even posted me a copy of his report and it said I had endo on the left pelvic side wall and uterosacral ligament, right uterosacral ligament and the surface of both ovaries!

    I really hope that's what was affecting my fertility..

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

    opheliadaze  (01-04-2017)

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    Yay! @nightowlsurprise praying for you that it's all uphill from here 🤗🤗🤗

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to opheliadaze For This Useful Post:

    nightowlsurprise  (01-04-2017)

  14. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,222
    Thanks
    179
    Thanked
    465
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opheliadaze View Post
    Yay! @nightowlsurprise praying for you that it's all uphill from here
    Thank you hun! I see Dr L in 1.5 weeks! Can't wait! He's so incredibly professional, good looking and very intelligent. He is so respectful, never crass, and really knows his craft. He knows the answer to all one's fertility questions. He's been in the industry for ages and ages.. A wonderful man he is! I can't wait for you to see him! I used to see a very crass FS who would bang on about donor eggs every time he failed to get me pregnant! God bless Dr L for wanting to find out WHY I wasn't getting pregnant first!!!

  15. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    @nightowlsurprise... oooh the follow up consultation will be to check on your wounds? And the next course of action? ☄☄☄ baby dust to you over the next 2 months ☄☄☄ did he mention what kind of ivf treatment he would do?

    Did your other FS ever consider endo as a cause? I asked my current FS and he said it was possible I had some endo but to go in and do surgery may further affect my ovaries and amh levels. 😐 Dr L assured me he was careful and a highly specialised surgeon.

    Another FS also told me to consider donor eggs throughout my first IVF cycle...I hadn't even gotten to egg pickup yet.

    Thankfully, we found a new FS who tries to treat the root of the problem instead of just asking us to do multiple cycles.

    Are you currently on any supplements? Dr L told me to stop my supps and eat healthy!

  16. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,222
    Thanks
    179
    Thanked
    465
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opheliadaze View Post
    @nightowlsurprise... oooh the follow up consultation will be to check on your wounds? And the next course of action? baby dust to you over the next 2 months did he mention what kind of ivf treatment he would do?

    Did your other FS ever consider endo as a cause? I asked my current FS and he said it was possible I had some endo but to go in and do surgery may further affect my ovaries and amh levels. Dr L assured me he was careful and a highly specialised surgeon.

    Another FS also told me to consider donor eggs throughout my first IVF cycle...I hadn't even gotten to egg pickup yet.

    Thankfully, we found a new FS who tries to treat the root of the problem instead of just asking us to do multiple cycles.

    Are you currently on any supplements? Dr L told me to stop my supps and eat healthy!
    Hi hun, I think followup is to discuss i detail what he found and to discuss next steps. I don't really have wounds.. They've healed.. You can barely see a thing!! I can't even see the cut in my belly button..

    Yep, he said 225 IU stims only and cos it's low stims I would only get 1-2 eggs.

    Nope, none of my other FS' ever thought to check for endo... But then again, I had no symptoms. One FS stuck a couple of fingers and touched my ovaries and said "you probably have stage 1 endo but I wouldn't worry about doing anything".

    I was worried about the same thing re lower AMH etc. Dr Lighten explained that it could only affect AMH IF you had endo cysts aka chocolate cysts and the surgeon wasn't very careful. If endo is just on the surface he said it wouldn't affect AMH levels.

    I was on heaps of supplements but Dr L told me to stop them all and only take i-folic by blackmores so that's what I'm taking!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Chasers appreciation thread!
    By Freya in forum Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 15-09-2007, 16:24
  2. babywearing photo appreciation thread
    By borntobemummy in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 09:42
  3. babywearing photo appreciation thread
    By borntobemummy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 10:50
  4. the peter andre appreciation thread
    By bronny-jane in forum Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 19-12-2006, 22:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
The Fix Program Sydney CBD and BroadwayPregnancy and women's health physio, pregnancy and new mum Pilates classes taught by our physios for you and bub. ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›