+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opheliadaze View Post
    @AceOfBase
    Thanks for your review too. Helped me take the plunge to make him my next FS.
    I just saw my gynae a few days ago for a routine pap smear. She did an ultrasound and vaginal scan and said she found no signs of endo. So confusing have to trust Dr Lighten!
    The only way to see endo is via a lap. An ultrasound is not sensitive enough to see endo. It may see chocolate/endo cysts on the ovaries, but it won't pick up endo implants. If Dr Lighten thinks you've got endo, do a lap to rule it out. I have absolutely no symptoms, none, but I'm doing one anyway because i have been noticing pain during intercourse just before and during AF, so I think Dr Lighten was right about endo. I'll let you know how I go!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

opheliadaze  (27-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AceOfBase
    Thanks for your review too. Helped me take the plunge to make him my next FS.
    I just saw my gynae a few days ago for a routine pap smear. She did an ultrasound and vaginal scan and said she found no signs of endo. So confusing ������ have to trust Dr Lighten!
    Thank you @opheliadaze Yes, trust Dr Lighten and I agree with @nightowlsurprise, checking for endo is better done via a laparoscopy.

All the best for your lap @nightowlsurprise, I hope you'll get some questions answered

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies! Hi @AceOfBase and @opheliadaze and @Lorri. I hope you guys are doing well. Just thought I would update you all. So had my lap this morning. Remember, I have no symptoms except for infertility, 24-25 day cycles, light AF and painful intercourse a day or two before AF only. Dr Lighten was so lovely. He came to see me before my procedure started and he's such a lovely guy. So warm and caring. Unfortunately, I wasn't too impressed with the anaesthetist, but I guess you get that. I honestly thought he'd find nothing or maybe a little bit of endo. Basically, I had stage 3 endo!!!!! I was shocked. He showed me the photos he took and circled all the endo so I could see it. They look like patches of ugly blackheads... He truthfully thinks I have a better chance of falling pregnant naturally than with IVF and asked I try naturally for 3-4 months and then come back to him for IVF.... I don't know if I want to waste 4 months trying.. I'm not feeling confident, even though he is. I might negotiate a 2 month period with him when I see him in 2 weeks. The lap was painless for me... Is that normal? I have no pain or cramps or anything. Just a tiny bit of bleeding..

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (29-03-2017),opheliadaze  (30-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Antony Lighten - Appreciation thread

@opheliadaze and @Lorri, based on what he showed me, there's NO WAY you can see endo from an ultrasound. The endo deposits are obvious in a lap but because they're looking above the cervix, there's no way an ultrasound that's looking only on the inside of the cervix can see endo, so I urge you to have a lap to rule it out. I honestly did not in a million years think they'd find it with me. I had zero symptoms. I would hate to think these last 2 years of failures were all cos of endo... I honestly should have done a lap earlier....
    Last edited by nightowlsurprise; 28-03-2017 at 18:58.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

opheliadaze  (29-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nightowlsurprise Thank you the update. Forgive my ignorance. What is endo? I've heard about it many times but don't really understand what it means.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Lorri, this website explains it best, but basically it's tissue that should grow in the uterus but grows outside the uterus. Have a look. I was asymptomatic. https://www.endometriosisaustralia.o...-endometriosis

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Antony Lighten - Appreciation thread

Do you think it's unprofessional to ask Dr Lighten's permission to hug him? Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nightowlsurprise Thank you very much for the information. Hope you get your BFP soon!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nightowlsurprise you sound so relieved and happy! Am glad it went well!

How long did the surgery take? What time did you wake up? Did you have to fast the night before?

So he has cut away all the endo? It will be so great to be able to fall pregnant naturally! Where was the endo..was it near your ovaries hence affecting amh?

Are you on any meds during recovery?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nightowlsurprise you sound so relieved and happy! Am glad it went well!

How long did the surgery take? What time did you wake up? Did you have to fast the night before?

So he has cut away all the endo? It will be so great to be able to fall pregnant naturally! Where was the endo..was it near your ovaries hence affecting amh?

Are you on any meds during recovery?
    Hi hun I was wheeled in at 10.30am and was in recovery at midday, so all up about 1.5 hours. I woke up at 12.15 and was so cold so I asked for pain relief because I didn't know what else to ask for.. Should have just asked for a blanket!

Yes, I had to fast from midnight the night before.

Yes he told me he cut away all the endo. It doesn't feel like he did anything. I feel absolutely fine. No pain or anything.. So strange.

I have an appointment with him in 2 weeks to discuss. He said it was everywhere. I don't think he said it was near my ovaries, but I will ask him when I see him next.

They gave me a prescription for pain medication but I didn't take it cos I don't have pain, ever. So no recovery meds at all!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

opheliadaze  (30-03-2017)