+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you were only on 150iu of Gonal-F there is certainly room there to increase your doses too hon. They usually take it pretty easy on you during the first cycle, as they don't know how you will respond to the meds and don't want to accidentally push you too hard. *Potentially* a higher dose could result in a few more eggs, but I agree that if you're not happy with your clinic then certainly consider changing.

ETA: Interestingly, my one frozen emby was graded an 'A Grade' hatching blast. From all appearances it looked great. Unfortunately though, unless you do PGD testing on your embryos there is no way of telling if they are ok genetically just by looks. Perhaps that is something you could consider doing with your next cycle too. At least that way you won't be wasting money putting in embryos that are not genetically ok....
    Last edited by Blossom74; 22-03-2017 at 18:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Genea does weekend transfers..as I know I had one on a Saturday.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly Baby For This Useful Post:

Lorri  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default HEEEEEELP!! Any IVF Clinic does surgeries 7 days?

Thanks @Butterfly Baby. I just made an appt with Dr Lighten from Genea and the waiting list is looooooong!! I'm on 9th of August! Which FS did you go to in Genea? How was your experience with them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Genea do 7 days including a lot of the public holidays. They're great. I couldn't imagine having to work around a 3 day week like some of the other clinics do. Would definitely impact on results with eggs being over or under mature!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @me+he&she=three Thank you for your reply. Your are right working around 3 days does impact a lot on the results! I have made an appt with Dr Lighten from Genea and would have to wait until August to see him. I'm sure it's worth the wait. GL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh that's an incredibly long wait! You may want to try one of the other Genea FS as they all have access to their state of the art facilities. My FS I got straight into and we were successful first transfer with one Bub and second transfer with another (almost about to give birth). That's despite both of us being quite 'old' and we were also dealing with severe male factor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @me+he&she=three Congrats!! Which FS did you see and can you recommend one??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I saw Dr Helen Peric who is based out of Chatswood but I'm not sure where you are. If you put a shout out to other on BH depending on your location you should get some good recommendations. But as I said they all use the same facility and cutting edge technology (at their day surgery in Kent St) and are like a well oiled machine when it comes to collections and transfers and other procedures (I've had a hysteroscopy and endo scratch also in my two transfers with them) and have found Genea to be a highly professional clinic. I had my first daughter through another clinic and they were the absolute opposite. Highly disorganised - but we didn't know much better as we were doing ivf for the first time. We we're very very fortunate it worked then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @me+he&Ashe=three I'm really happy for your successful cycle! And thank you for your remind I think you are right I should book appt with another FS from Genea instead of just waiting. I'm in Sydney and will call and make appt with Dr Bowman. Hopefully this round with Genea will work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Out of curiosity how old are you @Lorri ?