+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HEEEEEELP!! Any IVF Clinic does surgeries 7 days?

I know a lot of IVF clinics only does surgeries on certain days in a week and that is why trigger is used to tailor your body to their schedule. I've had 2 rounds with a large IVF organization and both failed. Except for low AMH I'm perfectly healthy. The reason of me doing IVF is DH has poor quality sperm. Can any one give me any ideas whether some climci would do surgeries 7 days?? Do you remember whether you had your ER or ET on a weekend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pretty sure many clinics only do egg pick up on set days. My clinic did fresh embryo transfers on Saturdays if necessary, I had one on a Saturday. Frozen transfers were only done certain days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your reply @rosey82. May I ask which clinic did you go to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It was a WA clinic, I think it might be a bit far for you to travel

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    many clinics only do egg pick ups on set days. This is because they only have a set number of staff and facilities (anaesth, surgery time, surgical nurses etc) so they have to schedule these to manage all cycling clients on a number of days.

The trigger shot is the shot which matures your eggs and prepares your body for ovulation. Its therefore fairly straightforward to massage the growth of the follicles with drugs (which they are doing anyway) to ensure that the follicles are ready for the trigger shot in time for your EPU days.

Its pretty normal and they have great success with doing this.

If your DH has issues with sperm quality - has your clinic suggested ways to improve it? Do they collect multiple samples and freeze some? have they suggested ICSI?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @BH-KatiesMum, I'm using donor sperm. I heard Genea does surgeries 7 days and just called but no answer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorri View Post
    I know a lot of IVF clinics only does surgeries on certain days in a week and that is why trigger is used to tailor your body to their schedule. I've had 2 rounds with a large IVF organization and both failed. Except for low AMH I'm perfectly healthy. The reason of me doing IVF is DH has poor quality sperm. Can any one give me any ideas whether some climci would do surgeries 7 days?? Do you remember whether you had your ER or ET on a weekend?
    Hi Lorri,

I'd be really interested to hear about your failed cycles. For example, how many follies were counted at your scans prior to pick-up? Did they collect many eggs once they went in for collection? Of those collected, how many were mature? How many fertilised sucessfully? What was the final outcome?

Without knowing the above (as well as your age) it's hard to figure out what the problem might be. Most clinics do have set dates for EPU and generally speaking that works pretty well with timed triggers.

I note that you said your only problem was low AMH. AMH is only an estimate of the volume of eggs still in reserve - it speaks nothing as to the quality of those eggs. Is it possible you have egg quality issues? Are you a poor responder to the meds?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bloossom74,
    1st I had was IUI-total disaster. The nurse seems not really care and made a few mistakes about my info. After insemination, they didn't give me any Endometrin or anything, so that failed. Nurse did say I respond very well to the meds
    2nd round: ICSI
    6 Eggs scanned, and on the day of ER Dr says he could probably retrieve 4, in the end 3 retrieved. Luckily all 3 were mature eggs but only 1 made to blastocyst. This round failed too. I'm going to ask FS whether I should take DHEA. I'm not sure whether it is egg quality but my mother is quite fertile and all mu aunties too. I'm a very healthy person, regular exercise, barely have processed food, normal BMI. I don't know what can it be.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lorri For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorri View Post
    Hi Bloossom74,
    1st I had was IUI-total disaster. The nurse seems not really care and made a few mistakes about my info. After insemination, they didn't give me any Endometrin or anything, so that failed. Nurse did say I respond very well to the meds
    2nd round: ICSI
    6 Eggs scanned, and on the day of ER Dr says he could probably retrieve 4, in the end 3 retrieved. Luckily all 3 were mature eggs but only 1 made to blastocyst. This round failed too. I'm going to ask FS whether I should take DHEA. I'm not sure whether it is egg quality but my mother is quite fertile and all mu aunties too. I'm a very healthy person, regular exercise, barely have processed food, normal BMI. I don't know what can it be.

Hmmm, it's a tough one. My Mother had a baby naturally at 45 too, but at 40 my eggs were clapped out. Unfortunately fertility is not necessarily hereditary, and even the fittest of the fit can have poor quality eggs. I have heard of some ladies taking DHEA and having great success with it. I did one cycle after 3 months on DHEA and had no better result. We all respond differently though.

Were you on high doses of meds? I was taking 450iu of Gonal-F and responded very poorly (my best cycle I only had 3 follies.) As it turns out my body just wasn't capable of doing what I was asking it to do, and that prompted me to look into donor eggs. I found an egg donor, and we cycled in October 2016. I fell pregnant on the first transfer. There's more than one way to skin a cat in IVF-land!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Bloossom74!! That's wonderful news!

I think I was on 150ml Gnoal F and my FS didn't even mention anything about DHEA. First time I heard about it I was overseas seeing a local FS and she wondered why I was't on DHEA. My FS doesn't seem to care much and I feel like a piece of meet waiting to be processed on the machine. He barely replies to my email, I don't have his number so I can't call him. Most of the time I only deal with nurses which I totally understand most clinics are like that.
    The fact that one egg made to blasto is a good sign considering I only had 3 wha retrieved. I will ask FS to prescribe me some DHEA and see whether it'll make a difference.
    GL!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lorri For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (22-03-2017)