+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Falling Back In Love

I dont know why im posting. I dont want sympathy or solutions. I just want somewhere to vent. And maybe to hear from others who may have been in the same position.

Ive been with hubby for 6 and a half years, we got married in September last year. Ive pretty much nagged him since our 2y anniversary to pop the question. He finally did and all was good for a couple months. Then the doubt crept in. Everyone i confided in told me it was just cold feet. 6 months post wedding and those doubts are still there but stronger then ever.
    I love him but as a friend. Im not in love. To be completely honest, in hindsight, i dont think i ever was.
    I have the house, the kids and the marriage. Which is what i thought i wanted. I forgot to make sure i had the love and happiness as well.
    Ive tried speaking to a friend and my mum and all their response is his a good guy you could do worse and stop believing in fairytales.
    Why is wanting to be 100% happy and in love such a bad thing? Am i really believing in something that doesnt exist?
    I dont know anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not giving a solution, but a friend of mine was in the same boat. She had to decide whether the happiness in her life as it currently was was going to be enough or whether what she was lacking was that important to her to want to find her true happiness. She decided for the moment that her life was enough.

Things may change in the future for her to change her mind, but that could happen even for someone "in love"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think ive come to the same conclusion as her. For now its enough. But it still plays on my mind a fair bit

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi mummacat. Would it help you to write a list of what you think happiness is? what you feel is missing in your life? What would make you happy? I tend to think everyone is responsible for their own happiness, If you are feeling sad or lonely, or just not content, then maybe there is some thing you can do to change that. Saying your husband is a good man and you should be happy with what you have, is not getting to the cause of the problem. I suggest you start looking at yourself and your needs, and when you have a good understanding of your own feelings, then you can move on. marie.