+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    I am glad to say I have survived all of the 'bad times' . Once all the children are adults then you can relax. At least that Should be how it goes. I can still remember the
    teenage wars, and the toddler meltdowns, I think the teenage years were the most difficult. But we all survived and now they are all great company. One day at a time, is how you cope. Marie.
    Did you find your sons or daughter the hardest in the teens? And why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    When I had 4 kids under 5yrs I thought it was full-on, but the thought of 4 teenage girls is scary to say the least!
    4 kids under 5 . All power to you lady. I struggled with 2 under 5!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry Crumble View Post
    if you think that is hard, brace yourself for 8+..... preteens. OMFG
    I haven't read the thread yet.

But the rollercoaster ride continues in biggers dips and loop de loops through the late teens and adulthood.

Sleepless or little sleep nights come back with avengeance.
    Sorry.

I have a almost 5yr, almost 9 yr, 13yr, 15 yr, 17 yr and 23 yr old.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 22-03-2017 at 18:02.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel  (24-03-2017)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Did you find your sons or daughter the hardest in the teens? And why?
    That'sagoodquestion.Iseemtobemissingaspacebaronthe newcomputers????
    technical difficulties. ?? I will see how this works. ?? I would say my daughters were most difficult, one daughter in particular. Her personality was just so short tempered and strong willed. She totally would have killed her big brother given half the chance. World war three every day, because her brother did something, like breathed near her. My oldest son is only 21 months older than his twin sisters, and so the hormones were all going at the same time. His sisters were taller than him for a few months, and that caused more drama. My youngest son was able to go through puberty without any tensions, he was nearly 4 yrs younger that the girls.
    Those few years were the worst. But now everyone actually loves each other, and they are so happy to spend time with each other. My daughter who would have killed her brother, now thinks he is a fantastic guy, and loves him to the moon. Marie.
    Last edited by SuperGranny; 23-03-2017 at 13:18.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel  (24-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was just thinking about this while watching my kids argue, thinking gee it will be nice when they are mature adults and not doing this anymore. But then it occurred to me, I will be another 20 years older by then and will still think they are immature ha. Just like right now I feel like my husband and I are perfectly respectable adults, but I bet my MIL thinks we are silly kids still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a friend with adult children, & I remember a conversation with him and his wife once about what it's like raising teenagers. The parents just have such a great relationship with their kids, & I was asking how they managed it. He said to me that you should find something to enjoy about your kids at every stage of their life. Find what you love about them, and enjoy them for who they are, regardless of what they are going through. I'm yet to have teenagers, & I'm sure it won't be a piece of cake, but I think it was great advice. I love every stage my kids have been at so far, for different reasons. It can be hard, but I love it

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (24-03-2017),Californication  (24-03-2017),yadot  (24-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone seen the "X" thing going around on FB? I've stored it away in my head for later. I've always said if my kids were in trouble, at a party or whatever, that they could call and I'd come get them no matter what time it was. The X expands on that in that if the kid is feeling uncomfortable but doesn't know how to get out of something without loosing face, they send a parent a text with X in it. Parent then rings and says something like "where are you? We have a family emergency and I need to come get you". Kid can them blame leaving all on us.

I think this is brilliant! It could stop peer pressure or my kid feeling like they have to participate in some thing they don't want to, or if a party is getting out of hand, or friend who is driving is drunk etc.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (24-03-2017),JR03  (24-03-2017)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yeah I showed that to my daughter a couple of weeks ago ... we talked about it and decided that that was something we would do. (she isnt quite old enough to be doing parties etc yet but it will be soon. High school next year)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Californication  (24-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Has anyone seen the "X" thing going around on FB? I've stored it away in my head for later. I've always said if my kids were in trouble, at a party or whatever, that they could call and I'd come get them no matter what time it was. The X expands on that in that if the kid is feeling uncomfortable but doesn't know how to get out of something without loosing face, they send a parent a text with X in it. Parent then rings and says something like "where are you? We have a family emergency and I need to come get you". Kid can them blame leaving all on us.

I think this is brilliant! It could stop peer pressure or my kid feeling like they have to participate in some thing they don't want to, or if a party is getting out of hand, or friend who is driving is drunk etc.
    Yes..
    I have done this with my nearly 14yo DD. Great idea

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

Californication  (24-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry Crumble View Post
    if you think that is hard, brace yourself for 8+..... preteens. OMFG
    I have both Good times...