+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I feel like Im dying.

Im sorry.. i dont really have anyone to talk to about this as im keeping my pregnancy a secret till my CVS test.

I am thankful to be pregnant. Tomorrow i go in to see if there is a heart beat as ill be 6 weeks and 3 days.

But basically.. i feel like im dying. I have all day nausea from week 5.. and i put myself on restavit which has helped 80% but the mild nausea and food aversions are still there. Ive only thrown up once.. but the nausea god.. it was soul destroying. Now that i am on restavit and still a bit sick, i am groggy and sleepy. I sleep 12 hours each night which means i only see my husband for 2 hours after work.

I struggle to eat.. i am grossed out by everything and so in turn i am weak and dehydrated. Last night for dinner i had grapes. Today all i ate was a banana and chips and powerade.

I have to go to work every day and wake up at 6 am.. and this is becoming hard.. ive already started calling in sick due to the pure exhaustion.

I know others have been through worse (the ones vomiting and ending up in hospital)... but i feel like im not really living... i cant go out, im too exhausted for anything. I feel like i have a flu.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would recommend you go to your GP and ask to try some other medication (ie. Maxolon/Zofran). It may be more effective than the restavit and if you are struggling so badly it really is worth trying.

I haven't thrown up but the initial nausea was so bad I literally spent 3 days lying on the couch/bed/floor just staring at the ceiling, I couldn't eat/drink/function at all. I went to the GP and she gave me an injection of Maxolon and a prescription for Maxolon and Zofran. It didn't totally cure the MS but it got me through the next few weeks at a semi functional level.

Gentle hugs, hope you can sort it out. I totally get your comment about it being soul destroying, it really is beyond awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh god I remember what a rude shock the MS was with my first pregnancy. I mean I expected to feel nauseous from time to time, but I didn't anticipate how debilitating and never-ending it was. Having suffered with all-day nausea and vomiting (mainly in the morning and evenings) with all 3 of my pregnancies I will tell you this - you have to take every day as it comes. Some days are better than others. Do what you need to to survive - eat chips, icy poles and bread all day long. Lie down as much as humanly possible (if that's what you feel like), go to the doctor and get Zofran... I cannot stress enough what a lifesaver Zofran was for me. I'm sure you've googled tips and tricks for MS so things like small frequent snacks and staying hydrated definitely do help. Avoid fatty and spicy foods if you can. I didn't have a single vegetable or scrap of red meat for most of my first trimesters because I couldn't stomach it, the baby gets all of its nutrients from you somehow anyway. Fingers crossed your MS is short lived xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh you have my sympathy!! With both of mine i had nausea 24/7 it was horrendous.

For my dd eating dry crackers helped me
    With my ds whom i felt it worse I lived off mentos for months! The peppermint helped ease it so much i always carried them around with me.
    I never went with zofron but have heard it works well.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I know how you feel. I lost weight in the first 10 weeks because of food aversions. Try and find foods you can tolerate. Sustogen was my friend...and toast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You have my full sympathy. It's so, so hard. The other ladies have offered some good advice. I'll just send you lots of hugs!! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Remember it is only temporary. Morning sickness means you're hormones are working! (Guess they are working a bit tooooo hard)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor love! It's sooooo awful!
    It's happened to me with both pregnancies (I'm currently 18 weeks) and first 15 weeks have been exactly as you described.
    I agree with the others - forget ginger and peppermint tea - go to yourGP and take the drugs!
    I found Maxilon wasn't strong enough but the Ondancetron enabled me to function until the cloud of nausea started to lift at around week 14.
    And now it's gone, hooray!
    Fingers crossed you feel better soon.. the drugs really do help. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Restavit has taken the edge off .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last night I was watching the ABC documentary series or cyberhate. Someone in there made a point I really like. It was something like: 'when you feel happy, you don't stop feeling happy when you realise there's someone happier than you'. Sure there are people who have it worse than you, Simil, but that doesn't take away from the fact that you are experiencing awful, soul-destroying feelings of your own. You have my sympathies, and I hope you're starting to feel better now.

I described to my husband that I felt like I had a terminal illness. I would just lie on the kitchen floor waiting for my toast to pop. Or lie on the bathroom floor hoping to vomit. I didn't feel like it was survivable, and I felt guilty for not being able to deal with it better. Only a couple of weeks later and that horror feels like a distant, unreal memory.

I'm lucky to work overseas as a contractor, so I can make my own schedule and don't have to reveal my pregnancy at all. So I have total respect for women that have to work through their 1st trimester. You are heroes!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OSmum2017 For This Useful Post:

Simil  (15-04-2017)