+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    If you go on a weekend though you could get the bus/public transport or get your DH to take you. There seems to be a number of options for weekend appointments.

http://m1psychology.com/
    http://www.visionpsychology.com/afte...g-in-brisbane/
    http://anxietycounsellingbrisbane.com/
    http://mymindpsychology.com.au/

There are 4 that do weekends from my quick search. Obviously I don't know what suburb you are in but there seems to be plenty of options. Also even if it was an hour away if you can get in on weekends all the better!
    North lakes is completely inaccessible by public transport from where I live.

The others are on the south side & I'm on the Northside. I'll have a look at how to get there.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    OP, have all of your son's appointments been local, then? Maybe his paediatrician or someone could help you out and recommend someone? Sometimes you just need to ask the right person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Driving after phobia - little driving experience & dealing with toddler yelli...

Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 22-03-2017 at 20:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You need to prioritise yourself. Book holidays for 2 weeks, keep your DS in daycare and go see a good GP for some new meds. Have extra sessions with your psychologist. Talk to your pharmacist - I'm sure there is one within walking distance if you live in the suburbs. Any problems, drop in and troubleshoot with the pharmacist eg: making you sleepy? Try taking at night. Side effects? Go get some reassurance they are only transient. Go there every day to check in if you need to (I have customers who have done this!) chemists are open long hours.
    Be mindful medications can take longer to work in anxiety -i'm talking up to 12 weeks, so you need to give them a red hot go. There are many options I know you've had a bad experience but don't give up!
    During your 2 weeks leave, on daycare days go have a facial or massage, binge watch some TV, eat cake, give yourself permission to park your DS in front of a movie in the afternoon just during your "holiday" it's time you did something for yourself.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (23-03-2017),HollyGolightly81  (22-03-2017),JustJaq  (22-03-2017),Mum-I-Am  (23-03-2017),SuperGranny  (23-03-2017),twinklify  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allatsea View Post
    North lakes is completely inaccessible by public transport from where I live.

The others are on the south side & I'm on the Northside. I'll have a look at how to get there.
    I am sure I have linked this but try this website:

http://www.psychology.org.au/FindaPs...ign=beyondblue

As for getting to appointments - I have spent over 2 hours on public transport to get to psych appointments. With DS. And pregnant. With a pregnancy that had constant morning sickness.

If you really want help then you will find a way to get it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am  (23-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If you had a serious physical illness you wouldn't put it off.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

amyd  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for the comments.

Some of them i felt were pretty harsh.

I'm willing to give meds a try, but I'm unsure of how I'm supposed to look after my son while dealing with the side effects when finding the right one?

My husband is gone 11 1/2-12 hours a day five days a week. I work 3 days a week (& I need to keep my job). The other two days a week I'm on my own in terms of support as all family & friends work full-time.

Last meds i took i literally couldn't force myself to stay awake past 6pm. My son's bedtime is at 7. So who looks after my son for that hour? Gives him dinner & a bath etc? Hubby isn't home until at least 7 most days.

Plus I was literally falling asleep at my desk all day at work.

It also wasn't safe for me to drive while on those meds cause I could barely stay awake.

So i don't know how to find meds that work but still be able to care for my son.

I guess I'm outta here again, for the same reason as last time.
    As I've said multiple times, try another brand. My first script was cymbalta and apart from an annoying eye twitch for 2 days I got no symptoms at all except a reduction in my anxiety. The next brand may well give you *no* symptoms.

I'm sorry but throwing a tanty and leaving again bc people won't tell you it's all your son's fault is childish. If you refuse to have insight your son will pay the price. I'm sorry, but I'm out and won't be replying to anymore of your threads. Nothing is ever going to change until you stop making constant excuses and finding reasons why every suggestion won't work. I wish you all the best but know it will be the same thing in a year. And two and three.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Californication  (22-03-2017),twinklify  (22-03-2017),yadot  (23-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not making excuses! And I'm not having a tantrum. I don't like being spoken to the way some people here have spoken to me. I'm struggling & this isn't feeling much like a support page at the moment.

It's easy to hide behind the screen & keyboard & speak to people the way some of you spoke to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not making excuses! And I'm not having a tantrum. I don't like being spoken to the way some people here have spoken to me. I'm struggling & this isn't feeling much like a support page at the moment.

It's easy to hide behind the screen & keyboard & speak to people the way some of you spoke to me.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I know for me I have been genuinely trying to help you and find it frustrating that you either completely ignore me or shoot down every suggestion, you genuinely do find an excuse for why every suggestion won't work. I'm sure others are responding from a place of frustration as well. I think many of us have been very supportive, more often than not.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Californication  (22-03-2017),gingermillie  (22-03-2017),JustJaq  (22-03-2017),Mum-I-Am  (23-03-2017),twinklify  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Options I've used to go to juggle appointments:

1. Work Days:
    * I told my boss that I / one of the kids had x medical condition and I would be booking a series of medical appointments and would need to come to an arrangement regarding my work hours / take some leave.

* I booked a late afternoon appointment and left work early on those days. I then either took sick leave for the time off or worked back later another day of the week or got in early. If I had difficulty with daycare pickup / drop off times, I asked for help from friends. I have a preference for late afternoon counselling appointments because I felt drained afterwards. In your case, your husband should be able to do daycare pickups on days you have appointments. You may prefer early morning appointments, same idea, just get into work late that day and make up the time off or take sick leave to cover the appointment.

* Organise to work from home on the day of the appointment. I organised with my boss and said it was because I had an appointment at x o├žlock. I then worked up my hours from home. Depending on how much time the appointment takes out of the middle of the day, it may involve starting early eg 6am or doing a bit of work in the evening to make up hours.

Appointments on nonwork days:
    *Asked a friend to look after kids for me. I found people are always happy to help out. When I admitted I was struggling and going to counselling, people who I was acquainted with but not necessarily really good friends with, offered to help (eg parents of my kid's friends). In your case, you have mentioned you go to a playgroup. Can you ask someone from there? When my oldest was little I had an arrangement with a mum from playgroup - I looked after her kids one afternoon a week while she went to uni, she looked after mine a different afternoon a week while I went grocery shopping and did housework. Looking after the friend's kids meant mine were entertained for an afternoon and I got an afternoon to myself - win/win. I lived for 10 years away from all family. Playgroups and mothers groups was my main source of friends.

* Took child/ren with me. Left in the waiting room with food and something to keep them amused. I took the baby into the appointments with me. I can appreciate it is very difficult to juggle a toddler in an appointment though. Too young to leave in the waiting room and too busy to bring into the appointment.

Hope this helps and gives you some ideas.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 22-03-2017 at 21:33.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Californication  (22-03-2017),harvs  (22-03-2017),HollyGolightly81  (22-03-2017),JustJaq  (22-03-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (23-03-2017),Mum-I-Am  (23-03-2017),Phia  (23-03-2017),SuperGranny  (23-03-2017),twinklify  (22-03-2017)