ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the great advice. I think we will pencil in a trip at around 5 or 6 months, which will fall in spring time and hopefully miss the worst of the winter weather.
    @twinklify - DH's family are all in Krakow, I have spent quite a bit of time there in Winter over the years but I can imagine it wouldn't be quite as much fun with a baby. Whereabouts are your family?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyninja View Post
    Thanks everyone for the great advice. I think we will pencil in a trip at around 5 or 6 months, which will fall in spring time and hopefully miss the worst of the winter weather.
    @twinklify - DH's family are all in Krakow, I have spent quite a bit of time there in Winter over the years but I can imagine it wouldn't be quite as much fun with a baby. Whereabouts are your family?
    OMG Krakow is beautiful. I want to go back and spend more time there. I loved being able to just walk around in the park. And their street 'pretzels' are sooooooooooo yum!

My family is from BiaΕ‚a Podlaska. Not many left there though. Most are in Warsaw and surrounding regions now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Take bubs and buy winter clothes over there!! We were just there (in fact, I may have conceived in Krakow in January!!!!) and they have cheap and warm goodies on every street corner. Like, super cheap. I bought the warmest, cutest beanie there with inter-changeable pom-poms! Plus the people are wonderful and accomodating. They'll be so kind to you and a young Bub. It's a wonderful place

Thanks
    Reviews
    Knowing European winters well.. i think youve made the right decision to go in Spring. Winters are cold and youd need extra suitcases to pack everything. It will also give you some time to get use to your new baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy travelling wherever and whenever you go!! my sister travelled with her two twins when they were very very young, around 2 months! it all went really well for her I'm thinking of travelling with my baby when born, looked at sights to find travel cots etc and found one that also does articles with advice!! http://www.prams.net/ a friend of mine also sometimes goes on there for advice etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My best friend visited me in Canada (when it was snowy) with a 2.5 month old. Worked really well as bub was mainly feeding and sleeping. We just kept bub super rugged up if we went outside.

My sister also took a 3ish month old to Europe at Christmas and it was ok. I'd want to travel with a baby before it could crawl so that it wasn't too mobile.