+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Have a glass of wine or sparkles with you at all times and just don't drink it. Maybe accidentally spill a glass or two. By 3 or so wines your friends won't be noticing you're not actually drinking
    This is what I did. Always had the same glass in my hand and i normally offered to go to bar to get everyones drinks, dh would often drink some of my drink as well.
    Or I would sometimes say i had a big night recently so its dh's turn for a big one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would say I am on a course of antibiotics for a few weeks (make sure you have a reason!) and can't drink on them but will have a sip during the toast.
    A sip will be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think most women would be onto the antibiotics line! And is there actually any antibiotics that you can't drink on?! I'd keep a glass of wine in my hand and sneak off to the toilets when no one you know is watching and tip the wine down the sink. If you walked into the bathrooms and your best mate is there, id joke about how tipsy you must be feeling to bring your drink into the toilets!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah there are ABs where alcohol is not recommended. Augmentin Duo Forte is one. Can be prescribed for cystitis, sinus infection, ear infection, skin infection. Depending how close you are to your girlfriends you could sow the seed by complaining to them a day or so before the first wedding about how you've been to the Drs and they've put you on antibiotics for said ailment and you can't drink while on them.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

DT75  (23-03-2017),TheGooch  (20-03-2017)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I like the anti biotic idea. You could always start it at the wedding that you're not drinking because you feel like you're coming down with something. Then the second wedding is anti biotics from the condition you were coming down with at the first?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The second a friend says they aren't drinking because of antibiotics it's as good as a pregnancy announcement. I won't call her out on it, I will just nod and smirk and then we all talk about it when she's not around.

Just get a drink and hold it all night. No one will notice.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

RmumR  (23-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    I think most women would be onto the antibiotics line! And is there actually any antibiotics that you can't drink on?! I'd keep a glass of wine in my hand and sneak off to the toilets when no one you know is watching and tip the wine down the sink. If you walked into the bathrooms and your best mate is there, id joke about how tipsy you must be feeling to bring your drink into the toilets!
    Yeah most ppl know antibiotics is a cover up. Speaking from experience, tipping some out in the bathroom is a good plan along with 'forgetting' where you put your glass & getting a new one. Helps to keep up the charade. If you're moving about, chances are no one will notice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    The second a friend says they aren't drinking because of antibiotics it's as good as a pregnancy announcement. I won't call her out on it, I will just nod and smirk and then we all talk about it when she's not around.

Just get a drink and hold it all night. No one will notice.
    Agree! Its a dead give away if a friend told me that line (although I wouldnt say anything to her) but if they had a glass of wine with them I wouldnt really notice much if she was drinking it or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd keep a drink on hand(not drinking it) but I'd make sure Im the one to offer to get my friend drinks where possible, that way you can order a lime and soda and get them what they want and they won't notice. Good luck its a tricky situation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Noone noticed when I said I was on antibiotics- I had tic tacs to strategically take every now and then lol

When I announced everyone was shocked and refused to believe me until I was about 32 weeks (bump appeared) even though I had HG!