ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default Tell me about Ringwood/Donvale etc

Hi all,

we are looking to move soon and after seeing what our dollars can get us in our local area (Malvern East) we have realised we will likely have to move to the burbs to get the type of house we want... which is big-ish block for our daughter and upcoming baby to play... quiet (we currently have really noisy neighbours and are in a duplex), leafy but not bushland where we have to worry about fire danger and most importantly good internet as my husband and I work from home.

I'd love to hear from anyone currently living in the Donvale, Ringwood North, Ringwood area as to what it's like out that way... is childcare hard to get into? Are the schools /facilities good? Are you happy living there? This will be a big change for me especially to be living so far out of town but I'm craving a bit of peace and quiet with a house that's relatively nice from the get - go (not a fixer upper).
    Thanks
    Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Wow ... not much must happen there ... no one has responded

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I haven't lived in those suburbs but have lived nearby and have had friends & family live there. My impression is that it is a nice area.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

emski72  (20-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tell me about Ringwood/Donvale etc

We rented for a few years in Ringwood. It's nice enough. A lot more expensive now that Eastland has been updated. There are some pretty decent schools but I wouldn't know about Childcare etc
    You've got the library, Eastland (with cinema), Costco, Newly built Aquarena, a few nice ovals. I wanted to buy in Ringwood but we just couldn't afford the skyrocketing prices so we headed out to Croydon.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

emski72  (20-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We live in East Doncaster, bordering Donvale. Plenty of schools - Catholic and state. Close to Westfield Doncaster and The Pines. What else would you like to know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    We live in East Doncaster, bordering Donvale. Plenty of schools - Catholic and state. Close to Westfield Doncaster and The Pines. What else would you like to know?
    Thanks @siansmum is relatively safe and a nice community to live in? I assume there are plenty of buses if you're not located near a train? You certainly seem to get a lot of house for your money out that way in comparison to Malvern/Ashburton etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautiful area, I grew up in park orchards (my family is still there), we were on the north ringwood side of thing.
    Great area, safe, plenty of public / private schools. Donvale is more buses, but further from trains (closest probably mitcham)
    I would personally buy ringwood north / donvale over ringwood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Thanks @siansmum is relatively safe and a nice community to live in? I assume there are plenty of buses if you're not located near a train? You certainly seem to get a lot of house for your money out that way in comparison to Malvern/Ashburton etc.
    I really like this area. Yes, plenty of buses around. Nice parkland at Ruffey Lake Park, lots of shopping options at Westfield Doncaster and also Eastland in Ringwood isn't too far away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    it sounds good and I think you're right that Ringwood North /Donvale might suit us more for peace and quiet. Thanks for your insight ladies... we'll explore around the area a bit over the next few weekends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both areas are nice. Ringwood North is quiet and leafy. Plenty of childcare options and good primary schools. Very family-friendly community! Be prepared to spend approx. $1m for a renovated 4 bed house on a 650 sq m allotment. Competition is hot as not that many houses are listed in Ringwood North, so if you see something you like you should act quickly.