+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nightowlsurprise View Post
    That was exactly the same as me. I would get my period every 24 days on the dot and they would only last 3 days. Mine were never heavy. Do you have pain during intercourse just before or during your period? That's another symptom.

I did my lap through Genea so the cost was $4,075 for Dr and $1,600 for anaesthetist. They told me if they didn't find endo the fees would be reduced. But I had stage 3 endo, so my fee didn't get reduced. I think if you don't have endo you're looking at between $2,500-$3000 all up.

I haven't put my medicare and health insurance claim in yet, but I think I get back around $1,000. So my out of pocket total is going to be about $4,600 for the surgery.
    Hi nightowlsurprise, sorry for the late reply. Had a busy day at work today.
    No pain for me during intercourse but I always have slight period cramps on day 1 of each cycle. I thought that was normal as lots of people say that endo causes severe pain during period. I have an appointment with Dr Lam( have you heard about him) to discuss about my lap next month. Can't wait!!
    Thank you for letting me know your lap expenses. Wishing you best of luck hun.. lots of baby dust to you❤️❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Suspected endometriosis with no symptoms?

That was exactly the same as me. I would get my period every 24 days on the dot and they would only last 3 days. Mine were never heavy. Do you have pain during intercourse just before or during your period? That's another symptom.

I did my lap through Genea so the cost was $4,075 for Dr and $1,600 for anaesthetist. They told me if they didn't find endo the fees would be reduced. But I had stage 3 endo, so my fee didn't get reduced. I think if you don't have endo you're looking at between $2,500-$3000 all up.

I haven't put my medicare and health insurance claim in yet, but I think I get back around $1,000. So my out of pocket total is going to be about $4,600 for the surgery.
    That's a massive gap. Although I'm in SA. Mine 2 yrs ago was $500 gap to my gyno and $200 to anastetic man as I call him. This time round the other week the gap was the same amount. Everything else billed to my phi and Medicare

I just signed into my Medicare account to look at all the charges. The surgery itself including all my gyno, anasteic & pathology test the bill was $3139.65, $1457.80 billed to Medicare and $1681.35 billed to my phi. This doesn't include the hospital stay for 2 nights (complications) the theatre room
    Last edited by babybeeno1; 06-04-2017 at 21:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    That's a massive gap. Although I'm in SA. Mine 2 yrs ago was $500 gap to my gyno and $200 to anastetic man as I call him. This time round the other week the gap was the same amount. Everything else billed to my phi and Medicare

I just signed into my Medicare account to look at all the charges. The surgery itself including all my gyno, anasteic & pathology test the bill was $3139.65, $1457.80 billed to Medicare and $1681.35 billed to my phi. This doesn't include the hospital stay for 2 nights (complications) the theatre room
    Unfortunately, Genea is expensive they really charge in excess of the scheduled fee.. I had no choice but to pay it because the FS I saw at Genea is brilliant and I was prepared to pay.. But you're right, it's a very big gap.. I only really agreed to do it because that was the only thing I hadn't done.. I'm happy they found something! It makes it all worth the big cost...

Did you find the lap helped you when you did it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately, Genea is expensive they really charge in excess of the scheduled fee.. I had no choice but to pay it because the FS I saw at Genea is brilliant and I was prepared to pay.. But you're right, it's a very big gap.. I only really agreed to do it because that was the only thing I hadn't done.. I'm happy they found something! It makes it all worth the big cost...

Did you find the lap helped you when you did it?
    So many doctors I think go Cha ching now and bump the price up as endo is so much more common today. I know my fs/gyno/ob who is the same person actually has people come from interstate to see him and I can see why

They found stage 3 2 yrs ago and a fibroid tumour after we switched to our current doctor the one before that wouldn't listen to me for years and I'd really had enough. I've had another lap done and they found more again so it was cut out. Took 5 months to get pregnant naturally after my first lap when I was 38.

You should create if you haven't the online app for Medicare and you can see every bill that you've ever paid for it's Astonishing the amount of money that is really spent

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

nightowlsurprise  (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone know what to expect with the first AF after a lap to remove stage 3 endo and D&C? My AF was only 2 days late.. Didn't quite get to 28 days, which I really wanted.. It came after 26 days
    Anyhow, the AF flow was light to medium and the colour of AF was brown.. I'm a bit worried that it was brown.. Isn't it supposed to be red after a d&c? There shouldn't be any old blood.. He literally removed it 2 weeks ago with a d&c!!! Should the flow be light or medium or heavy?

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    its different for everyone.

dont stress too much

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

nightowlsurprise  (13-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't worry to much it could still be old blood. Remember the body works in strange ways. I'm having signs of getting my first AF since oct 2015 (went onto conceive). I'm also nearly 3 wka post op lap surgery again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I wouldn't worry to much it could still be old blood. Remember the body works in strange ways. I'm having signs of getting my first AF since oct 2015 (went onto conceive). I'm also nearly 3 wka post op lap surgery again
    I'm 3.5 weeks post lap, hysterscopy and d&c. My AF was over in 3 days (the lightest period ever) and what appeared to be a positive opk on day 8

Part of me thinks that maybe I'm suffering from a short follicular phase.. I dunno.. Today is day 10 and I have stretchy cervical mucus for the first time in ten years!! I'm excited but don't know if I've ovulated or not!

So stressful this ttc game honestly.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was sooooo excited to find this thread !!! (Thanks @nightowlsurprise for inspiring me again).

On 31/08 I was told by my FS that I had a "enlarged" uterus but it couldn't be endometriosis as I have no pain and light periods. (And along with that, very little chance to conceive).

I have a 28 day cycle with a 4 day period (first day heavy-ish, the rest light). All by blood tests apart from my AMH are normal (AMH 11.4).

I read somewhere that sometimes surgery can be a pre-curser for Endo. I had a Fallopian tube removed in January last year and have not been able to conceive since.

Fingers crossed I have endometriosis and this is the last road block to motherhood !!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleAstic View Post
    I was sooooo excited to find this thread !!! (Thanks @nightowlsurprise for inspiring me again).

On 31/08 I was told by my FS that I had a "enlarged" uterus but it couldn't be endometriosis as I have no pain and light periods. (And along with that, very little chance to conceive).

I have a 28 day cycle with a 4 day period (first day heavy-ish, the rest light). All by blood tests apart from my AMH are normal (AMH 11.4).

I read somewhere that sometimes surgery can be a pre-curser for Endo. I had a Fallopian tube removed in January last year and have not been able to conceive since.

Fingers crossed I have endometriosis and this is the last road block to motherhood !!!!
    Hey honey! Do you know what your AFC (antral follicle count) is? I might be able to tell you if you're likely to have endo!