+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Never ever flush. My house has the sewer easement running through the bottom of the yard. And the endless problems we have had with girls/women flushing pads and tampons down their loo's has cost me so much money as the line starts to block up then it ups into my lines and over flows it's absolutely disgusting. Even though it was never my issue of the pipes blocking but because it ran into my pipe it's deemed my problems. Last time it happened was the day I had DS2 last July. Another few hundred that we couldn't afford to unlock the line. Absolutely sick to death of it

If I've been at a friends during AF. I'd wrap and put in a bin in the loo bin as the majority of my gf have bins in their

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Never flush here either. I'd probably wrap and put it in a bin that would get changed often (eg. Kitchen). Never really need to do that though as I can usually go without changing it until I get back home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did not realise people flushed them.

I grew up with a septic tank. And grew up knowing you do not flush anything except toilet paper.

I wrap in paper towel and put it in a bag and then in the bin.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (18-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think I've ever changed one at someone else's house that wasn't my partner's...

I've always flushed tampons (not pads though obviously), except if there's a septic tank or known plumbing problems.... Never had any issues, except where there were pre-existing plumbing problems... Used to live somewhere with tree roots in the pipes...grrrr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am actually incredibly surprised at the amount of people who flush tampons! I thought it was common knowledge that you only flushed the 3 "P's" - Pee, Poo and Paper. Even the 'flushable' wet wipes don't break down like people imagine they would.

I have never taken a used tampon home with me. The thought has never even crossed my mind! If I'm visiting someone's house I will wrap thoroughly in toilet paper and put it the bin. If there is no bin available, then I don't change it. If I'm staying at someone's house and AF arrives, then I have my own rubbish bag that I will throw out either when I leave or when AF finishes.

In saying that I rarely used tampons as my flow was never really that heavy, and on the days it was at its worst I usually felt like complete rubbish anyway so I only go out if I have to haha. Also I use a cup, so no real dramas. If I can, I plan my visits around changing sanitary items. For example, I would put a fresh tampon in or a fresh pad on right before I left the house. It's unlikely then I'd be there long enough to need to change it anyway.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

DT75  (20-03-2017),Happymum2  (19-03-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (21-03-2017),Reeve  (19-03-2017),th300  (19-03-2017),Wise Enough  (18-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Im surprised so many think its ok to flush tampons.
    But not that I ever really change a pad or tampon at a friends place, if I did I would wrap it up and put it in a nappy bag and take it home. Unless its family then I bin it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We probably get a plumber a month going down to one of our rental properties to unblock pipes caused by flushed sanitary products, the tenants have to pay for it as they caused it and yes we are still surprised how many people don't know your not supposed to flush them

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (18-03-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (21-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DO NOT FLUSH - no way.
    If someone has a bathroom bin with a liner, I'll wrap and use that. If not then I'll usually take a small wet bag with me when needed - would wrap and put in hat 'til I get home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    We probably get a plumber a month going down to one of our rental properties to unblock pipes caused by flushed sanitary products, the tenants have to pay for it as they caused it and yes we are still surprised how many people don't know your not supposed to flush them
    This. When I had my investment property the 2 girls that lived where so damned dumb. Like you every month the plumber would come out as they both flushed it all down the loo. Geez that had some expensive plumbing bills I can assure you. 2x on long weekends aswell. That was nearly $700 a pop aswell. They always tried to blame the house then my agent would remind and show them the agreement they signed as I had it stated that women's sanitary items where not to go in the toilet only a rubbish bin. In all the years I lived in the house and the first lot of tenants which was 2 couples we never had issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had no idea. I remember being told by my year 7 teacher that you flush tampons if there isn't a sanitary bin and my mum never ever talked to me about periods.