+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    I've been better.. no plan a, b, or c. Ive finished cycling with my eggs. I've gone onto anti anxiety meds and loosing weight so trying to make myself feel a bit better about things. It's nice to hear (or read, I guess?!)the positivity in your posts xxxx
    Am sorry to hear that hon
    Believe me I'm not always positive.. Far from it.
    I had a meltdown last nite bcos I was so worried I'd go for my scan today & there would be no eggs.. Anxiety used to be a big problem for me thanks to my last relationship. I've got decent grip on it now- but unfortunately it's always there ready to rear it's head at the slightest sign of danger.. Basically I'm often hypervigilant so my tipping point can be pretty low. My DP has helped me with that stuff alot thank goodness, he knows how to wind me back to calm again pretty quickly!

I hope the meds & the loosing weight will help you- it feels good to feel like you have some control that's for sure.

I'm pretty sure you've said before that DE isn't an option yeh??

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie74 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (11-04-2017),Chocolate Rain  (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by calypso75 View Post
    Could easily do the winter up there but come September, you wouldn't want to go out for a drink with me as all I would do, would be to complain about the heat and humidity
    I actually complain about that, too. I hate the humidity and have been enjoying the cool change since the cyclone went through.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

calypso75  (13-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's all crap. I have had cycle after cycle not work. January the doctor decided to do IVF no ICSI which we have used three times and I lost all my eggs.

Did another collection march. Waiting for PGD results.

I'm worried about NKC but I don't have the money to pay for it this transfer cycle. Should I be worried

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cag14 For This Useful Post:

Chocolate Rain  (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 great news about your follicle numbers! Got to celebrate every little victory in this sh$tty journey I reckon. Here's hoping your lining comes up to speed too.

I hear you ladies on the anxiety front! I'm considering doing another OE cycle next month and already feeling the anxiety creeping in.
    @cag14 I'm sorry to hear of your failed cycles. One of my stim cycles resulted in no fertilisation so I know how devastating it is to lose everything. Felt like the biggest waste of time, effort & money. May I ask why they didn't do ICSI last time?

I think it's definitely worth investigating the NKC especially prior to transferring any PGD normal embryos. I have high NKC but this wasn't diagnosed until after my 3rd failed transfer. My current FS said my previous embryos had little hope without the correct additional immune treatment.

There is a thread on here about NKC & Immune issues. Those ladies share a wealth of knowledge and it's definitely worth a read.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chocolate Rain they thought so to no sperm issues they could do it. Well that sucked and didn't work.

Now I'm worried about NKC and if I have them I can't afford to pay for the test.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cag14 For This Useful Post:

Chocolate Rain  (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cag14 yes that does suck! Are you able to discuss your NKC concerns with your FS prior to your upcoming transfer to see what their advice is?

Best wishes for your PGD results. I will be adding this into the mix with my next OE cycle too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey @Charlie74 and hi other ladies
    i've had anxiety all my life. since making it disappear completely thru the meds i've discovered that anxiety puts me into action - stressful and debilitating as it makes me feel. so i think i have an anxiety disorder that i've learnt to live with. anyway, it's nice not having it hanging around although i don't want to be on meds forever.. catch 22! Yeah DE are a possibility but we had our donor fall thru in feb and then we decided to not have kids but then in the last week i've decided i do while hubby has decided he's made peace with it.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (11-04-2017),calypso75  (13-04-2017),Charlie74  (09-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tinachris so where to from here then hon? Is ur hubby still open to continuing even if he's made peace with not having kids?

And yes, anxiety can definitely be a 'mobilizer'! Completely agree! It usually gets me cleaning the house like a fiend! My psychologist called it 'activity with a purpose' which both helps the anxiety AND gets ur housework done at the same time!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charlie74 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (11-04-2017),calypso75  (13-04-2017),Tinachris  (10-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    he said if that's what i want to do then we go down the path. Although it will be a local donor this time...which brings a whole different ballgame..i'm just a bit scared to move in any direction atm so i'm kinda stuck and just not doing anything about anything lol
    So i wish my anxiety made me do housework!!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

calypso75  (13-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The off load IVF page

Hey girls,

You know you belong in a thread when half the names are familiar... sadly.
    I read the thread from the start, heart-breaking stories and brave women all the way...

Like everyone else here, I would never have thought I would have to go through IVF to have a child. Then never thought I'd have to do 7 cycles with no success. Then never thought I'd have to think about egg donation.
    And yet here I am, a survivor but a different person for sure. Something broke inside me and I just hope I'll be able to fix it once this nightmare ends.

Like @Charlie74 I'm cycling at the moment, 8th cycle, and I don't believe for a second I'll achieve anything at all, a part from bringing me closer to egg donation.

My younger brother is having his first baby in 2 months, one of those "first try" babies that just rips a part the miserable infertiles that we are. Biggest challenge in my infertility journey, hands down.

I agree that partners are often forgotten. The poor things usually don't express their own concerns/doubts as it would only add on to our madness. But I can only imagine how hard it must be for them having to keep it together for the sake of the couple, and staying strong when they're going through the same s***t as us really...

I realised that what was killing my partner the most was seeing me breaking down. I've had some severe uncontrollable episodes in the past, being high on hormones helped too.
    So I decided to stop those and whenever I feel like I'm losing it, I just go for a walk or something.

I want to finish on a positive note so I'd just say that this IVF circus taught me a lot about myself, what's important in life and also my couple. IVF breaks couples everyday, we know that, but if anything, it brought my partner and I closer. And if we can survive this, we can survive anything!

Xxx
    Last edited by LillyM; 09-04-2017 at 08:13.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (11-04-2017),calypso75  (13-04-2017),Charlie74  (09-04-2017),Chocolate Rain  (09-04-2017),Minniemin  (10-04-2017),Tinachris  (10-04-2017),xcitedmum2bee  (05-06-2017)