+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Me and hubby are thinking of baby no 3 also we have two boys and not going to lie I would love a daughter! I'm scared though just thinking of going back to the whole weight gain hormonal roller coaster and if it's a boy? I'll definitely have my hands full with 3 boys.. any tips on trying to conceive a girl? I'm up for any old wives tales etc lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Danielasoccio2000

We are in the same position except i'm not longing for a daughter. Having said that we are still going to try for a girl by giving it 6-8months on TTC on day 11 and see how it goes.

Some researchers say male sperm swims fast and gets to get fast but does not live as long as the girl sperm who take their time to reach the egg but can sit around and wait and live longer. So TTC a few days before ovulation can help to get a girl.

But then it's not always the first sperm to get to the egg, The egg also chooses what sperm it likes and lets it in (new research)

Maybe my eggs will only let boy sperm in? who knows.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im currently 33 weeks with DS3. I couldn't stop thinking about having a third even though it seemed crazy given how difficult DS2's babyhood was. As soon as I fell pregnant I felt happy. I knew it was right. Even though my third isn't here yet and the pregnancy has had difficult moments I know that this decision is still 1000% better than the regret I would have not having a third.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilahh For This Useful Post:

PinkPrint  (20-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im an only child and from around the age of 14 onwards ive longed for a sibling. When i was young my parents would ask me if i wanted a little brother or a sister and id start crying and begging them not to. Truth be told i saw a woman giving birth on tv when i was 4 and i didnt want my mummy to have to go through that... but instead of expressing that i was just opposed to it.
    I think if you and your partner want a 3rd child you should go for it. Life is short and family makes you richer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielasoccio2000 View Post
    Me and hubby are thinking of baby no 3 also we have two boys and not going to lie I would love a daughter! I'm scared though just thinking of going back to the whole weight gain hormonal roller coaster and if it's a boy? I'll definitely have my hands full with 3 boys.. any tips on trying to conceive a girl? I'm up for any old wives tales etc lol
    I know! This is what scares me too. Basically i'm petrified! Lol. I'm laughing but I am serious.

I don't want to be an anxious, stressed out, grumpy, bag of angry hormones. Is this always the case? Are there any happy, positive stories??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went around and around and around regarding a 4th. I have a girl and two boys. I really wanted a second girl to even it up. In fact I had to face facts that the main reason I really wanted another baby was because I wanted another daughter. So hubby and I decided not to have another. I felt that if I was going to feel disappointed about having another boy then I wasn't having another baby for the right reasons. It's hard to know how I would have felt though if I'd had all boys, I may have wanted to chance it to get my girl. Having three is amazing though. Yes being tired and pregnant with two is hard but it is fairly short lived.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been in a similar boat. We had always said at least 3, I sometimes even said 4! But now that I have a 2 & 5 year old I'm like am I really doing this! I had put it off until after the youngest turned 2, my bestie was getting married and I didn't want to be pregnant at the time but now it's 5 months later and while we aren't using protection we aren't overly trying either (have done ovulation tracking previously and needed clomid the first time to help me ovulate, given my weird cycles this could be a consideration again). One moment I'm thinking yep I'm down with this, the next no way. We did have a miscarriage between so thinking that's perhaps part of it too. I have two girls already and they are the best of friends so not sure how the dynamic will change with a third.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPrint View Post
    I know! This is what scares me too. Basically i'm petrified! Lol. I'm laughing but I am serious.

I don't want to be an anxious, stressed out, grumpy, bag of angry hormones. Is this always the case? Are there any happy, positive stories??
    Tell me about it!!! It's like pms times a thousand!!! I have a 6 year old son and a 2 year old son both very energetic and a hand full! Another thing that goes through my mind is that the boys will be so full on I will struggle with a new born!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know I think the same, although 2 girls. What will I do with a newborn in the house???? How will it ever sleep???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am desperate for baby #3 but we have agreed (for many good reasons) to wait until Sept/Oct to TTC. I have two girls at the moment. It took ages before we finally decided to go for #3 (we talked about it non-stop!!) but I am now so excited with our decision and can't wait for the end of the year.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hollypolly For This Useful Post:

babybloom  (28-04-2017)