+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Any lingering post-pregnancy food aversions?

I had some leftover basil today after making pasta sauce. I fleetingly considered making pesto but I couldn't bring myself to as the thought of pesto makes me want to vomit This is because when I was pregnant with DD - she was born almost 2 years ago - I had just started having all-day-morning sickness around 6-7 weeks and was stuck for what to have for dinner one night and made pesto pasta. Huge mistake the smell of it made me feel so sick I couldn't eat it and to this day I still can't handle pesto as it brings back the gross nausea feeling! Same goes for lemon, lime and bitters cordial. Gross. I drank that in my first trimester and now the thought of it makes me want to vomit
    So have you had any lingering food aversions, long after pregnancy or is it just me?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eggs... I had an aversion when pregnant with DD & still can't eat them! It's funny cause with my first runny poached eggs where one of the first things I wanted after he was born... pregnant with #3 and I still can't eat eggs! I hope it goes away eventually cause we have our own chooks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, porridge and bananas! It's a consistency thing. Both huge parts of my diet previously. Bananas are starting to come back every now and then and I can force down porridge sometimes, but mostly NO. My youngest is almost 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sultana bran. It stems back to my first pregnancy over 7 years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Weetbix! I couldn't stand the texture when pregnant with #1, and after she was born I couldn't face them. Funnily enough, I have been fine with them since I've been pregnant with #2!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was living with my in-laws when pregnant with my first. Unfortunately I suffered with 24/7 morning sickness until 14 weeks. The smell of lemon toilet duck makes me feel physically ill (I spent a lot of time with my head in the loo) and I cannot stand the thought of eating chow mein as that was a meal my MIL made very frequently. Even now (almost 7 years on) if we go over for dinner and she makes chow mein I literally have to force myself to eat it, urgh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just after finding out I was pregnant, mum cooked spaghetti bolognese, but accidentally used lamb mince. The smell was so strong and brought on the first of my 'morning' sickness. 6 years later, I still can't stand the thought of lamb mince.

Puffy Dogs (cocktail frankfurts wrapped in puff pastry). They weren't something I ate previously and I can't even remember what set the aversion off, but for a few years I would be holding in vomit just seeing a box in the supermarket.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 17-03-2017 at 12:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DS it was fish & I only started eating small amounts 3yrs later. I was fine with shellfish, tuna & fresh salmon weirdly enough.

With DD I couldn't stand the texture of chicken. Still can't eat it 3.5yrs on unless it is over cooked & dry. Can't stomach it in a curry or pasta at all. I either pick it out or go hungry lol.

With this one I can't stand steak, I'm so hoping I get over that fast as I love steak!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is interesting. I don't think I have any lingering aversions. But things I hated pre baby I now love (vegemite and ginger are 2 things).

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it ended up being back the front. During both pregnancies I had numerous weeks of only being able to stomach certain things. With DD it was oven fries. I literally only ate oven fries for nearly 3 weeks at one point. Every other food made me dry retch/vomit. For about 5 years I couldn't even stand the smell of oven fries cooking let alone eat them. It was such a strong association with feeling so ill. It happened with a few other foods too but not to the extent of the oven fries!