+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default What do you love about having 3 children?

So I'm unexpectedly pregnant with my third. The plan was always to have 2 so this is a surprise. I'm trying to get excited about it but everything I Google about 3 kids is all so negative. "3 kids are harder than 4", "parents of 3 kids are most unhappy", "mothers with 3 children have worst health" etc.

Surely there must be some good things about having 3 children!

So pretty please hit me with your Pros for having 3 kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love having 3 children. I love how they interact with each other. How the older one dotes on his little brother and how the baby looks up to his big brother and sister. The dynamics works for us - perhaps it has a lot to do with the age differences and personalities. It is hard work, but I love being busy. I always wanted three kids as I am one of three and I like the large family gatherings we have now as adults. My DH was only 1 of 2 kids and family gatherings with his side of the family are much more subdue.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shebes For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a good thread idea. We have two and are pretty certain we want a third but just trying to work out when and trying to get my head around being pregnant again.
    If you are only newly pregnant be easy on yourself, give yourself time to adjust to the change.
    I know when I googled it, I found lots of negative things too. I think it comes down to your own individual family and how you are with your kids and raise them. Everyones story is different.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPrint For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (05-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember all the negative things I saw on Google when I was pregnant with my third! Everyone is different
    I love the different relationships they have with each other. Sometimes I can't believe I have 3 different little people in my life that are mine...like I see one running around and then another one comes in and then I remember I also have another one that I love ... if that makes sense haha.
    Although it's an odd number I feel our family is very well rounded out and one more would just be that little bit too much for us.
    I feel like we have a big family but it's not too big for us that we can't spend quality time with each one or take them on dates etc.
    For us 3 is the perfect number and feels complete.
    Congratulations! 3 is great

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hazzyj For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hazzyj I love to hear that it's not too big to spend quality time with each kid. That is one of my biggest worries.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPrint For This Useful Post:

hazzyj  (16-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and OP my husband googled families with 3 kids and went to google images and showed me all the photos of families with three kids all smiling and happy. He thought it might help me make up my mind lol. Just an idea for you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPrint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm seven weeks into being a mum of three boys and although I'm exhausted and there are days when I'm frustrated beyond belief with them all, I am so glad we had our surprise third baby. There is 4.5 years between my eldest and youngest, and I think this baby will really be the making of Master 4. He totally dotes on his baby brother and is so proud of him. Master 3.5 isn't so impressed and his behaviour has taken a dive, but I make an effort to have 1:1 time with each of my kids, and family time too (I sit in the middle of the couch while we watch TV, or the middle of the bed with all of them to read stories). Preschool drop offs and picks ups require a lot of time and patience, but they do work. I also try to have time with just the baby and I too, as I'm missing that from my others. It is definitely crazy but worth it!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wickedly Happy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    When people found out I was pregnant with my third the overwhelming response was negative, ie there goes your social life, you'll be so busy, you're nuts, etc. Well honestly I have to say I absolutely love having three kids (99% of the time!) and I don't think it's made my life that much more hectic - life with two was already busy. I feel like we have three very different little people that all bring something interesting to our family dynamic, the relationship my kids have amongst each other is always changing but they all love each other and when one doesn't want to play there is one that does so they aren't bored or lonely. I also feel that having a third gave me the chance to really enjoy and soak up every moment as I was more relaxed and understood how quickly the baby stage flies by. This is a blessing, get excited! Having three kids is awesome.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GingerKat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know exactly how you are feeling. We were very confident we were done at two. We had two girls 10 and 3. Then we got the surprise of our life that were were soon to become a family of 5. I wasn't sure how to feel. We were just feeling that we were getting passed the baby stage and able to do things you can't with a baby etc. certain amount of freedoms were looking ever so close. I was in such shock and didn't know how to feel. With my previous loses and not being able to fall pregnant easily (hence the big gap between our girls) I felt I should have been appreciative of being blessed with another gift. But I couldn't help feeling numb about it. But as time passed and I progressed with the pregnancy, doing some shopping and reading etc I started to feel I could welcome this one into our lives. The scans really helped make it feel real and have a connection. Then finding out I was having a boy this time made it all the more worthwhile. I had always wanted a boy and now I finally get to fulfil this. I feel that he will really round out our family. I can't wait to see what he will be like and how he will fit into the family with his own personality. Having an older first child helps too as she can help out lots. We are due for his arrival in 10 weeks and looking forward to it. I am sure you will soon get your head around the idea of a third and won't be able to imagine your life without them once she/he is here

Ps: I'm am one of 7 children and I couldn't have imagined growing up in a small family, it was great.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoJo1stbub For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (05-06-2017),MrsSparkle  (09-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What do you love about having 3 children?

They are a little gang. They are rarely bored. They look after each other, (fight too!) but when we're at a playground they stick together. They have very different personalities but seem to gel. They make up games and don't want to go to school/ kinder without each other. They wake up at the crack of dawn every day and start playing mums and kids. Race each other, ride bikes, Play ball, put on shows. Etc etc

They are 6, 4 and 2.5.

3 is hard but worth every minute.
    Last edited by yadot; 16-03-2017 at 11:01.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post: