+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy tips please!

Hiii,
    ​I'm Carlz from AUS. I'm 23 & 6 weeks pregnant (and was a HUGE shock)
    ​I have my first ultrasound next week.
    ​Do you ladies have any suggestions/tips whilst being pregnant - fitness, health, any apps you would recommend, do you keep journals, any books you would reccommendetc?
    ​I started taking Elevit today. I don't drink coffee or eat fish so caffeine and the mercury concern won't be an issue for me. I'm not a big water drinker so I will make a conscious effort to drink more water!
    ​I'm currently just in shock and freaking out about everything! I don't know where to even start!
    ​Any hot tips on pregnancy would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations!

Fitness: don't start any new fitness regimen, but whatever you've been doing should be fine as long as you listen to your body

Health - check out better health channel online to find out what foods to avoid to be safe with listeria.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get a midwife and or student midwife to support you thorough your pregnancy, birth and early parenthood.
    You actually can start light exercise. Starting a pregnancy yoga or Pilates class will help you to prepare your body and mind for labour and early parenthood. Probably don't start running or anything.
    Pick like a handful of people around you who you trust to take advice from. Everyone else, take it with a grain of salt. You will be overwhelmed with advice.
    Don't stress about material stuff. Your baby will not care if it's wheeled around in a second hand pram or wearing third hand onesies or if it's nursery has vintage hand painted wallpaper. Babies need to be fed, clothed, cleaned and loved.
    Invest in a baby carrier. Doesn't have to be expensive, but a good quality one will take you and your baby well into toddlerhood.
    Download the "mind the bump" app. It has short guided meditation tracks that are aimed at pregnant women.
    Try and enjoy it. Ride the waves of pregnancy and parenthood. It sure is a ride!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't start up a heavy exercise regime now. Now is not the time to place additional stress on your body.

If you suffer from morning sickness or food aversions, just do the best you can without the guilt. I had some weeks where I ate only cheese and fruit, then others where it was all chicken and vegies.

Let the little things go. Take a few weeks early on just to rest up and dream about your future bub. The tiredness can be overwhelming so just listen to your body and rest while you can.

Enjoy every minute, because it is a miraculous time and it goes way too fast.

Congrats x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Depending on what your exercise regimen was before getting pregnant I'd built up on that.
    Walking, cycling, swimming are perfect cardio exercise for anyone.
    Add a couple of Pilates or yoga sessions and that's a well rounded fitness regime!

For the rest go with your medical practitioners recommendation. No need to change your diet except excluding alcohol, drugs, avoid raw fish/meat and any food that's been cooked/prepared a while ago.
    Drink plenty of water and sleep sleep sleep.

Moisturise daily - it might help preventing stretch marks, it might not, but it will make you feel good!

Enjoy the ride

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats!!

- I like the Pregnancy Ovia as it gives you daily updates of bub's development and shares articles written by drs.

- no strenuous exercise and aim for 30 mins...even walking is good. Definitely get into pregnancy Yoga or Pilates if you can. I started swimming and walking laps at the local pool

- listen to your body: rest when you need it!

- I have a small journal for random thoughts about birthing and other baby-related ideas. I also bought a pregnancy journal from Dymocks and I write in it every week and glue in copies of scan pics

- this forum will give you heaps of tips xx