+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Sydney experts I need ur help!

Hubby and I and our two daughters (will be 3 and 7 when we travel) are going on a carnival cruise next year, disembarking at Circular Quay. Looking for advice on where to stay nearby as we are wanting to stay a few nights in Sydney after cruise and go to the aquarium and a few other tourist type places. Is it possible to walk between darling harbour and circular quay or is there public transport easily accessible? I've been to Sydney before but it's been a while so any tips helpful! Any recs on where to visit appreciated too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Carnival cruises are awesome. You'll have a great time!

You can walk from Circular Quay to Darling Harbour. Taking the walk all around the waters edge through Walsh Bay and around Barangaroo will take you about 40 mins. So if you're in no rush it's doable and very scenic. Otherwise there is public transport. Train from CQ to Town Hall and then walk from there down to Darling Harbour.

The IBIS hotel is in Darling Harbour and close by to the aquarium and restaurants.

I think they do fireworks at Darling every Friday/Sat evening.

There's also Luna Park over the Bridge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    You could walk but I wouldn't recommend it with children and suitcases. You can stay in darling harbour itself or look for accommodation at circular quay. Circular quay would be my pick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd also stay at Circular Quay , so much more to see and do and an easy ferry ride to get to Darling Harbour for the day , as pp said you can walk it but not with little kids after a long day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes to circular quay! Should be able to get something for about $300 per night which is a bit pricey but the location is worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We cruise a lot and always stay at the Marriott hotel. It's in Pitt street, 5 minute walk to circular quay. It's pricey, but has great views of the harbour