ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I only have insurance through super as my income is minuscule but my husband has insurances separate from his super.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow 😳

This makes me realise how bad I am with money, definitely some ideas I'm going to take away from this thread and use to better save more money.

After bills, rent, money away for savings and food I seem to waste 850 a week on outings and dinners out, pocket money etc for myself and 2 children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    $750 fn food, fuel and sundries. X2 adults, x3 children.
    But if we go over its not too stressful as we are able to save each pay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't know really as I just zero budget lol so I don't overspend!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    After everything is paid, we have a $300 weekly 'household' expense account which covers groceries, fuel (only for 1 car as mine is provided by work), anything our kids need including school supplies/excursions, and anything else like medication if we need it, family lunches, gifts etc. We then each have a 'personal allowance' of $150 weekly that covers any luxury like bought lunch/coffee, clothes etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all..we pay for bills and mortgage first.

Then we have a budget i would say about 1000 a month on food..includes going out which we only do a few times a year. We have our own money so he does bigger shop i do smaller ones.

Petrol we do own.

I make money go further by bookmarking on mobile coles woolies and aldi catalogues.

Saves time going to shops and buy treats weekly.

But biggest saving on food is shopping at Aldi .

Cloths and toys lets face it we all have a lot more then we need so only buy if something is a good price or really need it.

I recently threw out lots of food from pantry and fridge and freezer so will try and only do weekly shops and keep pantry and fridge lean which makes it easy to see what you need and less wasteful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What is your weekly budget?

Our budget is pretty tight, so there is no eating out, movies or fun activities... I save a bit each week of term so that we can do something fun in the school holidays.

Our household consists of;
    4 adults
    3 children
    2 dogs
    2 cats
    1 parrot
    20 chickens

Our grocery budget is $400 per week. Petrol is $60 unless we have to go into town, then it may be more like $80. And about $40 per week for the kid’s sports.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What is your weekly budget?

Quote Originally Posted by pollydolly View Post
    Wow

This makes me realise how bad I am with money, definitely some ideas I'm going to take away from this thread and use to better save more money.

After bills, rent, money away for savings and food I seem to waste 850 a week on outings and dinners out, pocket money etc for myself and 2 children.
    This is me too. And I don’t care! Every time I’ve ever needed money it’s just been there, like if there’s a big bill or something I’ll find it somehow.

I could never do the “we won’t buy coffee so that we can have an extra bit of money in the bank at the end of the year” thing. How boring. Life is for living, you can’t take money with you when you’re gone.

My biggest expense is food, for 2 adults and 3 kids we would spend at least $500 a week on food. At least. I only buy quality products, not cheap home brands. There is no nutritional comparison or taste comparison, the quality ones are just better. I’m not spending a few dollars less to not enjoy something. We get uber eats if we feel like it. We go out whenever we want. We don’t live life being dictated to by our money. I have been with my husband for nearly 2 years, before that I was a single mum for 6years. I never worried about money even then. It’s not worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTwitch View Post
    This is me too. And I don’t care! Every time I’ve ever needed money it’s just been there, like if there’s a big bill or something I’ll find it somehow.

I could never do the “we won’t buy coffee so that we can have an extra bit of money in the bank at the end of the year” thing. How boring. Life is for living, you can’t take money with you when you’re gone.

My biggest expense is food, for 2 adults and 3 kids we would spend at least $500 a week on food. At least. I only buy quality products, not cheap home brands. There is no nutritional comparison or taste comparison, the quality ones are just better. I’m not spending a few dollars less to not enjoy something. We get uber eats if we feel like it. We go out whenever we want. We don’t live life being dictated to by our money. I have been with my husband for nearly 2 years, before that I was a single mum for 6years. I never worried about money even then. It’s not worth it.
    What happens if you have an unexpected emergency (car brakes down, medical expenses)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    What happens if you have an unexpected emergency (car brakes down, medical expenses)?
    Just put it on the credit card and pay it off.