+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    See, I didn't know the host got a reward anyway, regardless of purchases- that's great.
    However, it doesn't change the fact that it can only be bought the same way as tupperware- that is the issue I feel.
    You can just buy straight through a consultant. The idea really is just to teach you how to use it, which for a machine worth $2k it seems like a good idea to have people on hand to teach people how to use it.
    I guess think of going to a shop and being demonstrated the different sucking powers of a vacuum before you buy it (I'm thinking vacuums because I'm in the market for a new one and will be going to test out a few different ones and wantna salesperson to talk me through them so I get what I want)...only, it's food so it just seems easier to do it in someone's house. And 3 people classes as a 'party.' So that could have been me, DH and my mum had I wanted it to be. I think your thoughts are the same as many people's thoughts though, and potentially the reason for the cult type thoughts on the machine...but a lot of the thoughts people have aren't quite true.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

DT75  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    You can just buy straight through a consultant. The idea really is just to teach you how to use it, which for a machine worth $2k it seems like a good idea to have people on hand to teach people how to use it.
    I guess think of going to a shop and being demonstrated the different sucking powers of a vacuum before you buy it (I'm thinking vacuums because I'm in the market for a new one and will be going to test out a few different ones and wantna salesperson to talk me through them so I get what I want)...only, it's food so it just seems easier to do it in someone's house. And 3 people classes as a 'party.' So that could have been me, DH and my mum had I wanted it to be. I think your thoughts are the same as many people's thoughts though, and potentially the reason for the cult type thoughts on the machine...but a lot of the thoughts people have aren't quite true.
    Agreed. But that is the perception I suspect...and why people don't talk about other expensive kitchen products (like a fandangled upright cooker/oven)...I think the perception will change over time now the patent has run out and other similar products are coming onto the market...not so "exclusive" any more...and I'm secretly hoping their price will reduce!
    (I know lots of men who get teased about the "money pit" boat/car/camper in their garage 😁)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

Full House  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You can also buy tupperware direct from a consultant....

My point was that you cannot buy it at the shops. That stops me, and many others, from being interested.

Yeah it's great to get a demo, but if it was in the shops, they would do demos I'm sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can also buy tupperware direct from a consultant....

My point was that you cannot buy it at the shops. That stops me, and many others, from being interested.

Yeah it's great to get a demo, but if it was in the shops, they would do demos I'm sure.
    Fair enough re it stopping you from being interested. I don't really enjoy those kind of parties, but had one because I wanted the thermomix but DH didn't, so he got to see it in action. He would never have agreed to buying one without seeing it in action first. I don't think they'd have someone in a shop demonstrating how it works all the time, though. I just can't see it working prproperly. The home demo worked for us. I'm also talking 5 years ago now, too. They're far more common these days, whereas 5 years ago they were only just starting to really become known. Who knows what will happen down the track. I'd like to see some healthy competition for Vorwerk. Healthy competition is always good as it forces companies to try harder, and provide better customer service.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't get people who diss them. If you don't want one, don't buy one - simple. No need to throw shade at someone who enjoys using the appliance.

I don't have a Thermomix myself. I'm actually a little scared of witnessing a demo, as I reckon I'd want one in my life immediately

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Californication  (15-03-2017),Ruby_Tuesday15  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm with Mod-Degrassi's sentiments above ^.

Until this thread, I had no idea owning one is referred to as being in a 'cult' nor that people throw so much shade at them! It's bizarre really and I can only think that when people aren't happy for you owning something, it's usually because they're either jealous or had had one and don't like it.

As for me, I don't have a thermy and have never been to a demo, so haven't had the opportunity to buy one, but I know what I'm like and if I were to go to a demo, I'd probably buy one too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Fair enough re it stopping you from being interested. I don't really enjoy those kind of parties, but had one because I wanted the thermomix but DH didn't, so he got to see it in action. He would never have agreed to buying one without seeing it in action first. I don't think they'd have someone in a shop demonstrating how it works all the time, though. I just can't see it working prproperly. The home demo worked for us. I'm also talking 5 years ago now, too. They're far more common these days, whereas 5 years ago they were only just starting to really become known. Who knows what will happen down the track. I'd like to see some healthy competition for Vorwerk. Healthy competition is always good as it forces companies to try harder, and provide better customer service.
    Oh, Yeah they'd never have someone full-time doing it. But whenever I go into Harvey Norman or likewise, if I ask for a demo they do it. So assume they would be able to do the same for thermo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I don't get people who diss them. If you don't want one, don't buy one - simple. No need to throw shade at someone who enjoys using the appliance.

I don't have a Thermomix myself. I'm actually a little scared of witnessing a demo, as I reckon I'd want one in my life immediately
    I've never heard anyone saying anything other than that they don't like the way they are sold.
    Or that they wouldn't spend that much on an appliance.
    The cult comment are generally about the way it's sold.

But I agree, don't diss unless you know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh, Yeah they'd never have someone full-time doing it. But whenever I go into Harvey Norman or likewise, if I ask for a demo they do it. So assume they would be able to do the same for thermo.
    I don't think they would. The demo is more than just press this button and this happens. At mine, the consultant made salad, risotto, dip and gelato. Doing that shows you part of what it can do. There's no way they could do that in a shop.

Before I got mine, I too was one of the people thinking it was a fancy blender. I had one given to me as a present and was disappointed as thought they were a huge waste of cash!!! Then the consultant came and showed us just what they could do, and I was floored.

Like I said above, I don't use mine daily, but I do love it and meals prep is quicker. It was especially awesome when the kids were little. DS did BLW, but DD wasn't interested and liked mushy foods. In 2 hours, I could cook up a 8 recipes to make a months worth of meals for her. And when witching hour came, it was easier as I didn't need to do so much dinner prep. It's great for risotto which my family love - no more stirring for hours! I stem my veg in it most days and it's so easy to do sauces, custard etc. For that alone it's worth it to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I don't think they would. The demo is more than just press this button and this happens. At mine, the consultant made salad, risotto, dip and gelato. Doing that shows you part of what it can do. There's no way they could do that in a shop.

Before I got mine, I too was one of the people thinking it was a fancy blender. I had one given to me as a present and was disappointed as thought they were a huge waste of cash!!! Then the consultant came and showed us just what they could do, and I was floored.

Like I said above, I don't use mine daily, but I do love it and meals prep is quicker. It was especially awesome when the kids were little. DS did BLW, but DD wasn't interested and liked mushy foods. In 2 hours, I could cook up a 8 recipes to make a months worth of meals for her. And when witching hour came, it was easier as I didn't need to do so much dinner prep. It's great for risotto which my family love - no more stirring for hours! I stem my veg in it most days and it's so easy to do sauces, custard etc. For that alone it's worth it to me!
    Hmm ya but they could do thermo day and have demos for a few hours, do that a few times a year and sorted.
    I have actually seen them be used and they seem pretty cool. And I'm sure it's a great time saver, but I have an issue with selling things via groups.
    I don't know why but I do, and I know a lot of others feel the same.