+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    This. Is. Gold.
    Ordinarily of someone makes a passing comment about me being a thermomix owner it's usually when I have made something for a get together and then when they ask for the recipe they playfully fob me off when I tell them it's a thermo recipe. I have had a couple of people notice one on my bench and say 'oh you're part of the cult' and I just make a quick comment about how I am so good at being in the cult they didn't even know I had one until they saw it in my house (which kindly puts them in their place). This particular woman was being really rude about it and I didn't even mention it. From memory one of my kids asked if they could use it that afternoon in front of her and she went on and on about it and was really trying hard to make me look like an idiot for having a thermomix, so I didn't mind playing along with her by agreeing with her stupid comments and making her realise how silly it was. Clearly she's not going to rush out and buy one in a hurry, but she had a serious gripe with them! It was crazy. I don't use a slow cooker because I don't really like them but I don't feel the need to tell someone who has one how much of a waste of money it is. What do I care? 😂

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Californication  (13-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thermomix "cult"

I've been curious about these for ages.....

I'm a super fussy eater (don't eat veggies, only meats I eat are chicken, fish, steak and sausages. And don't eat a lot of spice/flavours)

Would this be worth it, or what would an entry level way to try it without shelling out the $$ straight up if I'm not going to use it...

I'm trying to find ways to expand my food options and wonder if this could help
    Last edited by Lanabananah; 13-03-2017 at 19:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's a few options: Bellini and kogan come to mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsters View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'll stew on it for a couple of days then get over it lol but if it's mentioned again think I'll just state "im sorry I didn't realise it affects your life so much" see what the response is then Cuz seriously it doesn't so why make snide comments like that.

I'd also mention I too would be the worse cult member, there are some days I don't use thermi n have sausages in bread it'd live to have a risotto come back like that (i never had risotto before my thermi days n I now live it) I started off with a bellini and glad I started off there before making the plunge (start of last year we quit sugar n thermi has been a godsend not just in converting but $$$$. Media plays a big part esp wen they had the exploding episodes all over TV....got a tad annoyed when people would say mines dangerous. I hate confrontation too but do have my moments lol omg nappies in the thermomix that's a good one
    I've used mine to cook 2-min noodles and cocktail frankfurts before!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanabananah View Post

I'm a super fussy eater (don't eat veggies, only meats I eat are chicken, fish, steak and sausages. And don't eat a lot of spice/flavours)

Would this be worth it, or what would an entry level way to try it without shelling out the $$ straight up if I'm not going to use it...

What sort of foods do you eat? My first thought is that it might be a waste of money for you if you like fairly plain and bland food. Check out the thermomix forum. It has lots of recipes on there and you can get an idea of what you can do with it, and if those are things you'd eat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thermomix cult is so 2016. It's now kmart cult 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never quite get why there is such negative comments about TMX. Like why are people judging other people about how they cook their food? Why do people even care? I honestly couldn't care less what appliances other people have in their houses so it baffles me that it can be such an thing!

Anyway.

I have had a TMX for nearly 5 years now and have had a few comments about a 2k blender etc. I just kind of brush it off and ignore it. I wish I could be sarcastic but I'm very non confrontational! At the end of the day I am safe in the knowledge that having a TMX and being able to create my own allergen free foods put my autoimmune disease into remission (I would never have the time nor energy to mill my own grains etc!) so whatevs. Maybe I am part of a cult, but my life is all the better for it.

Also people don't tend to bite the hand that feeds them

Thanks
    Reviews
    My response was "best cult ever!" And then since they mentioned it over and over again at a lunch at my house I kept mentioning that they were being indoctrinated by the food they were eating. It was such a stupid back-and-towards thing that detracted from the lunch I was hosting for my extended family. I try not to care about what people say but when they just keep going it's hard to ignore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsters View Post
    Some like it some don't but to those who put others down for what they buy hit me with a comeback .....the more sarcastic the better lol
    I think I would just go way OTT with it - MY PRECIOUS!!!!!

precious.jpg

I'd be dying of laughter inside of course, if anyone is that much of a b!tch about a kitchen gadget they deserve a bit of mockery!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanabananah View Post

This is why I bought the Bellini, I had no clue what I was getting into and didn't want the pressure of having to LOVE the Thermomix because of the price tag.
    I do LOVE it. So much that I bought a Mistral (Big W version) as well when they were selling off the stock last year.

It's been a real game changer in this house, I can cook but this introduced me to a whole other world of flavour.
    In particular, my DS who would never touch any kind of wet food, is now eating curries, kievs, bolognese, etc, etc and packed full of goodness he doesn't know about.