+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tell me everything about your first ivf cycle!

So I'm currently going through ivf, not too sure what to expect and curious to know how everybody's first cycle went

Thanks ladies!
    Last edited by Mumma2be13; 12-03-2017 at 17:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Mermaid13 i have PCOS and had bilateral tube removal. My first IVF cycle was Gonal F125 for 9 days along with 5 days of orgalutran (to stop you ovulating early) didnt have any real side effects other than some pain at the orgalutran injection site cos the needle is thicker! then trigged on the saturday night and had my EPU on the monday. They collected 16 eggs, 14 mature and 12 fertilised within the 24 hours. Most of the eggs made it to day 5 blast stage and on the Saturday following i had a transfer of one 5AA emby! The transfer is a little uncomfortable because your bladder is full and the catheter pinches ypur cervix a little bit but its over so quick 😊 then through the 2WW i was on progesterone so tried not to symptom spot, at 15dpo i had af cramps and back pain so was convinced i was out!! Went to the FS the following day to be checked for OHSS and found out i was indeed pregnant ❤ I am now 10 weeks pregnant with our little miracle and still have OHSS byt otherwise all is brilliant. When i was going through my cycle i searched and searched for first cycle success stories, drove myself absolutely mad and found most people take more than one cycle for success BUT it can and does happen so try to stay as positive as you can throughout your cycle! Its a bit rough injecting every day snd the EPU is a bit uncomfortable but knowing it gets you one step closer to your beautiful baby makes it all worth while!! I wish you so much luck and success xx

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (14-03-2017),Liz8585  (16-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tell me everything about your first ivf cycle!

My first cycle was 150 gonal f with orgalutran and I stimmed for pretty long as I was a slow responder but they didn't want to up my dose as I was high risk for OHSS with my PCOS and high AMH. I had 18 eggs retrieved and 15 fertilised. After egg collection they told me the cycle was to be a freeze all with no transfer as they found fluid in the endometrium. It took 6 long months and an op to remove a damaged tube and we finally got to put a frosty back and that frosty is my dd.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (14-03-2017),MrsBMum2be  (12-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first cycle I was put on the long down regulation protocol. I was put on the pill for a month, then Synarel for 2 weeks. I was then on 300 Gonal for about 10 days. I have low AMH so it was a higher dosage than most people would start with as they expected me to be a poor responder. They were right, just 3 eggs collected. EPU was more painful than I expected. The procedure itself was fine, but I was sore and bleeding for the next couple of days which I didn't expect. 2 eggs fertilised, and on day 3 there was one grade A embryo and one grade C. So they transferred the grade A and threw away the grade C. This cycle was a BFN. In the future I wouldn't do the long protocol again - I hated it. The short protocol is so much better. I had similar results both cycles, but mentally the short protocol was better.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amywillo86 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (14-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We found out I had fertility issues when we went for screening tests back in late 2015- we had been trying unsuccessfully for 9 months. My husband is 15yrs older than me, and I was convinced because he was that age it was his issue ...ironically he was totally fine and I was the one with very low AMH (1.8 at 29yrs old). Go figure! We gave up trying naturally and went straight into IVF ICSI.

My RE put me on 225 Menopur initially & then Orgalutran. I wasn't a great responder so was injecting for a while.
    I clearly remember one ovary reacting much better than the other, and we ended up triggering when I had just 6 viable follicles, of which only 5 eggs were extracted at EPU. At the time I was really upset because I remember reading about ladies who had 15-20 follies and retrieving 20+ eggs
    4 eggs fertilised and we decided to put 2 back in day 3, I am not sure why we chose 2 instead of 1. I just went with what my RE suggested tbh as we were desperate. Both embryos were slightly fragmented (my husband helpfully called them scrambled)

Anyway, despite all the variables being stacked against us we came away with a BFP, and 9 months later my daughter was born.

We are about to start ICSI #2 in April, but I am not expecting similar results seeing as I am almost 2 years older. However I hope as my body as managed it once before it might remember how to do it again ('m not sure it works like that though haha)

Best of luck with your IVF journey. This forum is fantastic for getting advice or simply wanting support xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aqua85 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (14-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just jumping in on this thread as we are starting our first round of ivf in end of May, so I'm trying to be a sponge and learn as much as I can

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

Liz8585  (20-03-2017),MrsBMum2be  (14-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good idea @kylez83 any info is a great help 😊

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (14-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just bumping this thread to the top again in case anyone feels like sharing

Thanks
    Reviews
    First cycle success here, so it does happen. Transferred 2 embryos and resulted in identical twins (one embryo split). No side effects fromb the IVF treatments, great pregnancy and healthy 4 year olds now. We only had 3 eggs from the cycle as well, which i was pretty disappointed with, but it didn't matter. I know it might be rare, but it's nice to stay positive that any cycle could be 'the one'.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (25-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had to do ivf as we had chromozone issues and PGD is the only way to fall pregnant after two miscarriages

My first cycle... I remember feeling nervous and scared and didn't really know what to expect. I had an antagonist cycle and was on 150 gonal f. We collected 18 eggs and we had 8 tested for PGD. We got 2 eggs good from that. One was transferred. No success.

3 FET and 2 egg collections to have success.

Now trying for 2nd child up to the 3rd egg collection as I speak and going on fourth transfer with nothing still under the age of 30.

Keep an open mind, take each journey as it comes. And do not compare your journey to others as everyone is different. Remember we are all here to talk, and help you in anyway.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cag14 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (25-03-2017)