ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not once finding out. Like others though, I'm not a big drinker so I wouldn't have drunk anyway. The only reason I had any at all was because I had my hens night 2 days before finding out I was pregnant lol.

I dont think the odd drink here and there is a big deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    can i ask why you gave up coffee? from my understanding, a small amount of caffeine is ok. i drank no more than 1 cup each day during my pregnancy.
    More because I was still consuming other forms of caffiene and I was worried about the cumulative effect of the caffiene as it would put me ovee the recommended amount

I didnt worry about giving it up with my second. I had a 2 year old, I couldnt afford to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes I had a couple of drinks here and there. Usually less than 1 unit though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    Try not to worry Hun, I didn't know I was pregnant for 19 weeks and was drinking a fair amount every weekend until I found out. I have a perfectly normal healthy bright 7 year old. It's prolonged consistent drinking for the whole pregnancy that cause AFS.
    I thought I had my period, and drank a bottle of wine. Stopped bleeding then found out the next day I was pregnant. I was worried at the time but everything I've read says that it's prolonged heavy drinking too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was highly intoxicated at my sister's wedding I stopped after I found out a few days later my 5 month old baby is fine and happy and is achieving her milestones really quickly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I did not give up soft cheese, coffee, alcohol, deli meats or any of the other things they say you shouldn't have. But I did highly reduce intake of them and used common sense in excess. If it was fresh then yes, if it was a few days old or unsure of how old something was then no. If I had any doubts then no. With alcohol I chose not to consume as per normal, instead I consumed half a unit or less for toasting purposes or to remain social so as not to have people ask if I were pregnant constantly. I didn't want many people to know too early on. I switched to decaf coffee mostly until later on then went full strength to get bub moving a bit as she was a very quiet bub.

One thing that made me furious though when I was pregnant with dd1 was other people thinking they could make the decisions for me. Eg I was at a birthday party and literally had cake and spoon removed from my hands as I was about to take a bite of the tiniest bit of cake. Sure it had cream cheese but that was my decision to make.

People can say what they want but when I tried following the rules I still got food poisoning while eating out and eating something that was on the "good" list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    you can get food poisoning from anything, irrespective of what list it's on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my third pregnancy. I'll have a glass of wine or two a week. I limit it at that. Both my children are very bright amazing kids. It's a personal choice but I think it keeps me sane and happy. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ETA: already replied haha
    Last edited by DT75; 06-05-2017 at 09:23.