+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i drank whilst ttc though. not huge amounts but a couple of wines most nights with dinner. i'm not known for my modest pours either.

refraining from drinking altogether whilst ttc is, in my opinion, stupid and pointless. you might be ttc for a year or longer, what's the point in living like a nun. you have 9 months of that whilst pregnant then more restricted drinking whilst bf. drink til it's pink i say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    Nope - I'm not a big drinker so it wasnt hard for me to not drink wine. I gave up coffee with my first - that was harder.
    can i ask why you gave up coffee? from my understanding, a small amount of caffeine is ok. i drank no more than 1 cup each day during my pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not once finding out. Like others though, I'm not a big drinker so I wouldn't have drunk anyway. The only reason I had any at all was because I had my hens night 2 days before finding out I was pregnant lol.

I dont think the odd drink here and there is a big deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    can i ask why you gave up coffee? from my understanding, a small amount of caffeine is ok. i drank no more than 1 cup each day during my pregnancy.
    More because I was still consuming other forms of caffiene and I was worried about the cumulative effect of the caffiene as it would put me ovee the recommended amount

I didnt worry about giving it up with my second. I had a 2 year old, I couldnt afford to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes I had a couple of drinks here and there. Usually less than 1 unit though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    Try not to worry Hun, I didn't know I was pregnant for 19 weeks and was drinking a fair amount every weekend until I found out. I have a perfectly normal healthy bright 7 year old. It's prolonged consistent drinking for the whole pregnancy that cause AFS.
    I thought I had my period, and drank a bottle of wine. Stopped bleeding then found out the next day I was pregnant. I was worried at the time but everything I've read says that it's prolonged heavy drinking too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was highly intoxicated at my sister's wedding I stopped after I found out a few days later my 5 month old baby is fine and happy and is achieving her milestones really quickly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I did not give up soft cheese, coffee, alcohol, deli meats or any of the other things they say you shouldn't have. But I did highly reduce intake of them and used common sense in excess. If it was fresh then yes, if it was a few days old or unsure of how old something was then no. If I had any doubts then no. With alcohol I chose not to consume as per normal, instead I consumed half a unit or less for toasting purposes or to remain social so as not to have people ask if I were pregnant constantly. I didn't want many people to know too early on. I switched to decaf coffee mostly until later on then went full strength to get bub moving a bit as she was a very quiet bub.

One thing that made me furious though when I was pregnant with dd1 was other people thinking they could make the decisions for me. Eg I was at a birthday party and literally had cake and spoon removed from my hands as I was about to take a bite of the tiniest bit of cake. Sure it had cream cheese but that was my decision to make.

People can say what they want but when I tried following the rules I still got food poisoning while eating out and eating something that was on the "good" list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    you can get food poisoning from anything, irrespective of what list it's on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my third pregnancy. I'll have a glass of wine or two a week. I limit it at that. Both my children are very bright amazing kids. It's a personal choice but I think it keeps me sane and happy. Lol.