+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,887
    Thanks
    2,601
    Thanked
    2,490
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't drink after our IVF transfer, and not at all during pregnancy. Personal choice and risk assessment for each person though and I wouldn't judge anyone who wanted to have a glass or two of wine. Although I would if they were drinking half a bottle of tequila. I ate whatever I wanted to though.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,293
    Thanks
    222
    Thanked
    1,107
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    I didn't drink after our IVF transfer, and not at all during pregnancy. Personal choice and risk assessment for each person though and I wouldn't judge anyone who wanted to have a glass or two of wine. Although I would if they were drinking half a bottle of tequila. I ate whatever I wanted to though.
    You'd judge someone for drinking Tequila when they were TTC. (Unknown risk ) but "ate whatever I wanted "when pregnant. (known risks) wow .double standards

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,887
    Thanks
    2,601
    Thanked
    2,490
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Did you drink any alcohol during pregnancy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    You'd judge someone for drinking Tequila when they were TTC. (Unknown risk ) but "ate whatever I wanted "when pregnant. (known risks) wow .double standards
    Pretty sure drinking half a bottle of tequila is a known risk (likely to harm a baby). Eating deli meat and cheese is a "known" risk, but a pretty bl00dy low one. I researched the risk and decided I would have had more chance of winning the lottery. That was my decision to make.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

    baby245  (26-03-2017)

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked
    21
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    You'd judge someone for drinking Tequila when they were TTC. (Unknown risk ) but "ate whatever I wanted "when pregnant. (known risks) wow .double standards
    Unknown risk drinking tequila? You've clearly never heard of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
    Perhaps do some research before calling someone out for double standards.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to baby245 For This Useful Post:

    HillDweller  (26-03-2017)

  7. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked
    93
    Reviews
    0
    With my other pregnancies, no I didn't drink.

    With my current pregnancy my choice was taken away from me by a lazy ER department. I had a massive bleed at 7wks (lost 1.5units of blood) & my HCG levels stopped rising properly -74,000 to 124,000 in 7 days. No scan was done even though I asked multiple times for one. The ER dr said I had definitely miscarried, gave me some strong pain killers for the cramping & sent me home. Requests for follow up scans & blood tests were refused.

    5 weeks later I kept what would have been my 12w OB appt & asked her to do a scan as I thought I might have retained product. Hello baby!!!

    During that 5 weeks I wasn't taking the mc well so DH took me out for dinner one night to try & cheer me up. I had 3 double vodkas that night.

    I'm still scared that I may have hurt my baby. All scans & tests so far have come back as normal/low risk but there maybe problems that we won't know about until after she's born.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to babybump08 For This Useful Post:

    rosewater  (26-03-2017)

  9. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,293
    Thanks
    222
    Thanked
    1,107
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybump08 View Post
    With my other pregnancies, no I didn't drink.

    With my current pregnancy my choice was taken away from me by a lazy ER department. I had a massive bleed at 7wks (lost 1.5units of blood) & my HCG levels stopped rising properly -74,000 to 124,000 in 7 days. No scan was done even though I asked multiple times for one. The ER dr said I had definitely miscarried, gave me some strong pain killers for the cramping & sent me home. Requests for follow up scans & blood tests were refused.

    5 weeks later I kept what would have been my 12w OB appt & asked her to do a scan as I thought I might have retained product. Hello baby!!!

    During that 5 weeks I wasn't taking the mc well so DH took me out for dinner one night to try & cheer me up. I had 3 double vodkas that night.

    I'm still scared that I may have hurt my baby. All scans & tests so far have come back as normal/low risk but there maybe problems that we won't know about until after she's born.
    Try not to worry Hun, I didn't know I was pregnant for 19 weeks and was drinking a fair amount every weekend until I found out. I have a perfectly normal healthy bright 7 year old. It's prolonged consistent drinking for the whole pregnancy that cause AFS.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

    babybump08  (08-04-2017)

  11. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    304
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked
    193
    Reviews
    0
    That is just terrible ! I can't believe you were refused a scan! How cruel and insensitive ! So glad you still have your baby and I'm sure all will be fine.. Good luck.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpaone For This Useful Post:

    babybump08  (09-04-2017),Cotton  (05-05-2017)

  13. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,647
    Thanks
    6,335
    Thanked
    6,111
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    unless you count tiny sips that barely wet the lips, then no. i was way too cautious. i know a tiny amount is most likely harmless but i just kept thinking if there's anything wrong with ds, i'll always think what if. i didn't want any seeds of doubt and wanted a clear conscience.

  14. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,647
    Thanks
    6,335
    Thanked
    6,111
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i drank whilst ttc though. not huge amounts but a couple of wines most nights with dinner. i'm not known for my modest pours either.

    refraining from drinking altogether whilst ttc is, in my opinion, stupid and pointless. you might be ttc for a year or longer, what's the point in living like a nun. you have 9 months of that whilst pregnant then more restricted drinking whilst bf. drink til it's pink i say!

  15. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,647
    Thanks
    6,335
    Thanked
    6,111
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    Nope - I'm not a big drinker so it wasnt hard for me to not drink wine. I gave up coffee with my first - that was harder.
    can i ask why you gave up coffee? from my understanding, a small amount of caffeine is ok. i drank no more than 1 cup each day during my pregnancy.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Did You Drink Alcohol While Pregnant?
    By tazz475 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 05-01-2015, 10:20
  2. **Spin off** For those that didn't drink alcohol during pregnancy...
    By headoverfeet in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 11:25
  3. Did you drink alcohol during pregnancy?
    By AndrewTheEmu in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 21:17
  4. did you use relaxation techniques during pregnancy?
    By AndrewTheEmu in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 14:54
  5. Very EARLY pregnancy did you have any,
    By Grace3 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 23-05-2007, 20:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
GymbaROOGymbaROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT