+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No. But I'm not much of a drinker in general and usually only drink on occasions when it is 'expected' (NYE/mine and DH's birthdays etc). This pregnancy was conceived a week after NYE and my birthday, and is due a few days before DH's birthday so I'm not really missing out on anything anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't drink after our IVF transfer, and not at all during pregnancy. Personal choice and risk assessment for each person though and I wouldn't judge anyone who wanted to have a glass or two of wine. Although I would if they were drinking half a bottle of tequila. I ate whatever I wanted to though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    I didn't drink after our IVF transfer, and not at all during pregnancy. Personal choice and risk assessment for each person though and I wouldn't judge anyone who wanted to have a glass or two of wine. Although I would if they were drinking half a bottle of tequila. I ate whatever I wanted to though.
    You'd judge someone for drinking Tequila when they were TTC. (Unknown risk ) but "ate whatever I wanted "when pregnant. (known risks) wow .double standards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did you drink any alcohol during pregnancy?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    You'd judge someone for drinking Tequila when they were TTC. (Unknown risk ) but "ate whatever I wanted "when pregnant. (known risks) wow .double standards
    Pretty sure drinking half a bottle of tequila is a known risk (likely to harm a baby). Eating deli meat and cheese is a "known" risk, but a pretty bl00dy low one. I researched the risk and decided I would have had more chance of winning the lottery. That was my decision to make.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

baby245  (26-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    Unknown risk drinking tequila? You've clearly never heard of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
    Perhaps do some research before calling someone out for double standards.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to baby245 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (26-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my other pregnancies, no I didn't drink.

With my current pregnancy my choice was taken away from me by a lazy ER department. I had a massive bleed at 7wks (lost 1.5units of blood) & my HCG levels stopped rising properly -74,000 to 124,000 in 7 days. No scan was done even though I asked multiple times for one. The ER dr said I had definitely miscarried, gave me some strong pain killers for the cramping & sent me home. Requests for follow up scans & blood tests were refused.

5 weeks later I kept what would have been my 12w OB appt & asked her to do a scan as I thought I might have retained product. Hello baby!!!

During that 5 weeks I wasn't taking the mc well so DH took me out for dinner one night to try & cheer me up. I had 3 double vodkas that night.

I'm still scared that I may have hurt my baby. All scans & tests so far have come back as normal/low risk but there maybe problems that we won't know about until after she's born.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babybump08 For This Useful Post:

rosewater  (26-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybump08 View Post
    With my other pregnancies, no I didn't drink.

With my current pregnancy my choice was taken away from me by a lazy ER department. I had a massive bleed at 7wks (lost 1.5units of blood) & my HCG levels stopped rising properly -74,000 to 124,000 in 7 days. No scan was done even though I asked multiple times for one. The ER dr said I had definitely miscarried, gave me some strong pain killers for the cramping & sent me home. Requests for follow up scans & blood tests were refused.

5 weeks later I kept what would have been my 12w OB appt & asked her to do a scan as I thought I might have retained product. Hello baby!!!

During that 5 weeks I wasn't taking the mc well so DH took me out for dinner one night to try & cheer me up. I had 3 double vodkas that night.

I'm still scared that I may have hurt my baby. All scans & tests so far have come back as normal/low risk but there maybe problems that we won't know about until after she's born.
    Try not to worry Hun, I didn't know I was pregnant for 19 weeks and was drinking a fair amount every weekend until I found out. I have a perfectly normal healthy bright 7 year old. It's prolonged consistent drinking for the whole pregnancy that cause AFS.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

babybump08  (08-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is just terrible ! I can't believe you were refused a scan! How cruel and insensitive ! So glad you still have your baby and I'm sure all will be fine.. Good luck.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpaone For This Useful Post:

babybump08  (09-04-2017),Cotton  (05-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like to try new tastes and kinds of beer and always I check this page http://www.ranking-piw.pl/ where you can find the best ones. But when I learn I was pregnant ( in 6 week ) I stop even trying beer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    unless you count tiny sips that barely wet the lips, then no. i was way too cautious. i know a tiny amount is most likely harmless but i just kept thinking if there's anything wrong with ds, i'll always think what if. i didn't want any seeds of doubt and wanted a clear conscience.