+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ovarian Cysts and Endometriosis

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with cysts and/or endometriosis?
    I have a 6cm cyst on one ovary that is apparently caused by endometriosis (a chocolate cyst) and on my right ovary, I have a "suspicious" cyst that on ultrasound appears to be possibly solid and they said they needed to rule out cancer.
    So. I'm booked in to get them both removed next week, as well as removing any endometriosis and also using dye in my tubes to check for blockages. It's going to be laprascopy so hopefully healing won't take too long. The Dr says only a week?

He also wants to do a d&c because my endometrium is excessively thick and that can be a problem with getting pregnant. So, in his words, we'll be "starting fresh" with hopefully a more ideal place for fertilised eggs to grow.

He also mentioned that there is a risk of hitting major arteries and bleeding out so I know that's only a small risk but I'm terrified. And also I just hate the idea of being under a general anaesthetic (major anxiety issues).

Basically I'm hoping to hear other people's experiences and (hopefully) good stories and get some reassurance. How was your recovery and did you manage to conceive afterwards?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't stress to much it's actually a very basic procedure that takes no longer then 30mins. I had one 2 years ago after yet another failed round of ivf. 5 months later pregnant naturally off a fet transfer. My fs/ob/gyno says that when you have your so called "clean" as he puts it your natural fertility comes back and or is better. It's 4 small incisions. Belly button is where the camera will go in then another 3 small ones across your belly/lower abdomen. You'll bleed a bit but nothing major. Recovery wise no more then a week and you'll feel fine and back to having sex after 2 weeks. You'll belly will be all bloated from the gas the pump into your tummy to make it easier to see everything. I had stage 3 endo, it was in my left tube in both ovaries, my bladder, bowel and uterus, cutting out is better then burning it off. I also had a fibroid tumour removed the size of a golf ball that was growing inwards and outwards of my uterus.

I went into theatre at 315pm. Was done by 4, woke up at 6pm, back in my room at 7pm. Slept like a baby all night long with a little bit of discomfort.

I'm actually having another one next month as something doesn't feel right after c-sec I had.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (13-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I have had heaps of them and been though that every time. it all good done quick before you known it. it something that we just have to put up with endometriosis. I want told in June 1985 and told I may not have kids well I am 48 and having my first baby.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyie For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (13-03-2017),MrsBMum2be  (12-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 27 and Ive had 2 laps and bilateral removal of both my tubes due to blockages. The procedure itself is so quick, the worst part is waiting to go in for me because i was scared. The pain is completely bearable i didnt take anything but afterwards panadol and incisions are tiny! You'll be ok its just scary when its the unknown 😊 I am now 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby after my first ivf cycle 6 weeks after my last op 😊

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (13-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone I think you're right that the scariest part is the lead up and waiting. I know logically it will be ok but I'm the kind of person who thinks of everything that could go wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had several rounds of surgery for cysts, endometriosis and adhesions. It is minor surgery and recovery is very quick. Gas pain is actually what I find the worst . Walking around eases it and helps get rid of it. And laughing might hurt for a few days but compared to what we women put up with on a monthly basis, it's a walk in the park . You'll be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovarian Cysts and Endometriosis

Hello, I had a laparoscopy in August last year, mostly for endo but had a d&c and dye etc too. My surgery definitely went for an hour hour & a half, it was pretty full on. I was back at work the next week but still a bit sore. The good news is we had been trying to have a baby for 10 years, had been through a lot of fertility treatments prior to the lap. My ob said to us to try naturally post surgery for 6 months before revisiting fertility treatments... I held back laughing in his face. I am still surprised and shocked to say we fell pregnant within a month of that surgery.. I'm now 27 weeks pregnant so I can honestly not recommend a lap enough!!