+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Talking $hit your hairdresser tells you

Took DD 5yrs to get a fringe today.

I got told not to use coconut oil treatments on her hair because it is clogging her hair shafts and creating all these split ends. Of which she shows me DD short pieces of hairs poking through her regular length hair. I inspected closely at home and not a split end in sight! I have had a few in my time, so I know what I'm looking for.

She he told me I will cause bald patches as it will clog the shafts. Ummm it has helped the places where hair was not growing.

Without ever seeing my DD before or knowing us she proceeded with it will stuff her hair growth. When in fact the opposite is true. And Indians use it in their hair and it hasn't stopped them from growing their hair very long. It must not clog their hair shafts. Haha

My poor daughter has dry scalp, it never ever gets oily not even after 3 weeks of not washing. So I use extra virgin organic cold pressed coconut oil for a treatment once a week. And a macadamia shampoo and conditioner from America. Hair dresser stated it's the worst I could use without enquiring as to what brand.

Then proceeded to hand me me a sample of this u-beaut stuff with dimethicone, lanolin, silicone etc etc. ummm I thought you told me not to put oils on as it clogs hair shaft. So what exactly is lanolin??. A type of fat/oil.

Sorry i I don't have $hit for brains. Nor am I gullible.

Also told me to comb hair wet, as it causes less breakage. BS. I used to comb my hair wet and had a head full of split ends. Now I wait for it to dry, hardly any split ends.

I also use use coconut oil and the same shampoo and conditioner as DD. no split ends, my hair is growing faster than DD, but my hair growth isn't fantastic either but it's not clogging my hair shafts or causing hair to fall out.

The real deal is it is it costs much less to use coconut oil,than their treatments they try to push.

Sorry try try the next sucker. I'm not buying it.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I prefer to use minimal stuff on my hair as possible and only wash it once a week. I do comb when wet though - not for split ends but because it prevents knots when it dries. My hair is very split end prone and it's more of a wear and tear thing. I find keeping it up in a plait a lot prevents split ends, for me at least. I had very dry hair as a kid, it sucks. Fortunately it has improved in recent years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Years ago i went to the hairdresser to get a colour put through it ( had not done anything to it for years eg no colour etc). Anyway she managed to turn my hair a disgusting greeny colour and then had the audacity to blame it on me having a previous colour in my hair ....umm no, have not touched it in over 5 years. ut was virgin hair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went to a hairdresser for balayage. It was the first time that I had been to that salon, as I'd just moved to town. The hairdresser seemed like she did an ok job, and she was friendly enough, so when it was time to have it done again I went back.

She had obviously forgotten about our first meeting, because as she combed through my hair she curled her nose up and said, "Where did you have this done at? It's the worst balayage job I've ever seen!"

Awkward

5. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (13-03-2017),bezzy  (11-03-2017),Californication  (11-03-2017),hopefull29  (11-03-2017),Jensha  (11-03-2017),JustJaq  (11-03-2017),LaDiDah  (11-03-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-03-2017),misho  (11-03-2017),mrsboyts  (11-03-2017),Mum-I-Am  (11-03-2017),MysticFalls  (11-03-2017),Tinkers  (11-03-2017),wobbleyhorse  (11-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not me but DH.
    Went to a new barber and was told that a fancy $60 shampoo would stimulate new hair growth in his near-bold patches

Not sure why he fell for that one pmsl

7. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

MysticFalls  (11-03-2017)

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    I went to a hairdresser for balayage. It was the first time that I had been to that salon, as I'd just moved to town. The hairdresser seemed like she did an ok job, and she was friendly enough, so when it was time to have it done again I went back.

She had obviously forgotten about our first meeting, because as she combed through my hair she curled her nose up and said, "Where did you have this done at? It's the worst balayage job I've ever seen!"

Awkward
    Ha ha oops did you tell her??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimum890 View Post
    Ha ha oops did you tell her??
    No, it was way too awkward. I just avoided the question and never went back.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (11-03-2017),TheGooch  (11-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last time I went to my hairdresser she told me I had nit eggs in my hair but she still cut it anyway. I was mortified and got a nit comb and treatment, went to my mums house and she could not find any eggs or nits, only a bit of dandruff. That hairdresser gave me the best cut I've ever had but I'm too embarrassed to go back!

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    No, it was way too awkward. I just avoided the question and never went back.
    Ha ha you sound too nice, I would have pointed out to her (after she had finished doing my hair of course) that it was her that has done the bad job last time

Thanks
    Reviews
    I once had a hairdresser tell me she got "soooooooooo wasted last night" and was still recovering. It wasn't comforting!