+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2nd cycle cancelled, told to go on the pill!

Hi everyone I am new to the forum so bare with me as I dont know the abv yet.
    My first IVF cycle I was overstimulated and my eggs were highly fragmented so no transfer done.
    My 2nd cycle went the other way, not enough follies and not growing so cancelled. Also I had 2 large CL left on one side.
    I have now been told to go on the pill to help reset my hormones etc.
    Anyone experienced this or able to give me some advise?
    Struggling to know whether to go on the pill or let nature correct itself. TIA 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @Dancingsanta, sorry to hear it's not going well. Ive been doing IVF since last July (2 fresh transfers and 1 frozen..about to start 3rd fresh cycle/4th transfer). Can I ask what pill it is?

I don't get periods or ovulate so before each cycle I have had to take progynova (4 wks) and provera (in 4th wk) ad a hormone replacement therapy, which gives me a period and allows me to begin the new IVF cycle. Although, having said that the clinic I'm moving to for my next cycle have said I may just be able to take provera not progynova before the cycle.

When they put me on the progynova before IVF#1 I was very sceptical but the progy plus the provera did allow me to start the IVF cycle.

Not sure whether this helps or not!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

Dancingsanta  (11-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whilst it sucks not ovulating/getting periods when TTC, in a way doing the hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to start the IVF cycle is handy sometimes because it gives you a clear timeline..instead of waiting for your period and hoping it's not really delayed.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

Dancingsanta  (11-03-2017),Wise Enough  (12-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hopeful137, thanks for your reply and sorry to hear your IVF journey has been difficult too. The doc is just saying for me to go on a standard pill, just to regulate things again not sure of the name but one you would go on to not have babies. I just don't know how I feel about it. I think what I might do is wait for this cycle to end and have a period which hopefully will flush everything naturally then go on the pill for a few weeks to do what the doc said and stop everything to regulate my body again.
    Heres hoping your next cycle goes well 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Has your Dr recommended you start the Pill now? If so, why would you wait? You're paying them lot of money for their expertise!

I was put on the Pill for a while - i was confident my Dr knew what she was talking about ☺ Early pregnant now.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was put on the pill too. I know it seems counterintuitive but trust them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also went on a pill following a failed cycle to reset things and squeeze in another cycle before the calendar year ended. It played havoc with my hormones and I was very emotional, but it worked. Next frozen cycle was DS1!

Thanks
    Reviews
    They're putting you on the pill to supress your hormones so they can start from a sort of baseline level. It makes it heaps easier for them to get your body to do what they want it to. They know what they're doing. It's called a Down-regulation cycle. I got my DD plus 5 frozen embryos from my first down-regulation cycle of IVF after 4 failed antagonist (short) cycles. It just works better for some of us. Start the pill as instructed otherwise you're wasting your money doing a cycle because you won't be where the doctor wants you hormone wise.