+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a 3rd degree tear with my first and he was a tiny 2.7kg. My second bub was nearly a kilo heavier (3.49kg) and I only had a graze with her. Both inductions with epidurals but they managed my pushing with dd and it made all the difference.

If you've had no lasting complications I would try for a vaginal birth again. But if there were any risks of prolaps or bowel problems I would go a c/sec

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies everyone. I am starting to feel confident about making a decision now. Also just wondering and sorry if this sounds dumb, but how exactly does an epidural work? I know that it is a needle in your spin etc (I've had a spinal block) but how exactly does it work? Does it take away all pain? Can you still sit on a ball in the shower? (I'm thinking not) are you numb? I probably should do some google research lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Am epidural will feel a lot like a spinal.

They place a little plastic tube in using a needle but the needle comes out, then you get a constant dose of medication.

With a good epidural you will have no feeling in your abdomen and legs. You will have to remain in bed because you won't have use of your legs.

They will pop in a catheter so you can wee, this won't be uncomfortable because you'll already have your epidural.

There will be plenty of information if you google or ask your ob/midwife

Thanks
    Reviews
    You will also need constant monitoring of your bub and will probably be bed bound

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am phobic about my back. I had an epidural with my first and never again! I had a spinal block with #2&3 and aside from having to take oral pain relief afterwards it was 1000 times better for me.

Just be aware that the pain relief you take afterwards can make you sick (vomotting with a new c sec wound can hurt) so maybe think about whether you know how you react to certain pain relief (pethadine makes me sick but endone and voltaren suppositories was ok in my case) just a thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a natural delivery with my first and I only had grazing she was 8 pound 9 and I walked around on my tippy toes for a week afterwards with my 2nd and 3rd I had emergency sections for pre term complications and I found these ok to recover from to be honest and I was driving 2 weeks later shouldn't of been but my ex husband was in the army and had to go to work so I had to get myself to the hospital to care for my babies and I had mum to help with the other children. I was up the next day walking it wasn't too bad for me. The thing I hadn't about the c section was the catheter I still felt busting with it in and asked for it to be removed early which I was lucky and they did. Best feeling being able to pee afterwards. I asked to be put to sleep after my youngest was out as I felt so sick and I didn't like the way I could feel things.... I would like another natural birth but after 2 sections not sure that would even be an option

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Caesar or vaginal?

I've had two vaginal births, and although I'm not having any more, if I did I guarantee it would be a C/S. Reason being that I now have prolapsed bladder and rectocele, which I believe will need surgery to correct. I'm one of the few who had natural deliveries who wishes I'd had caesareans both times. I hate the way my 'bits' are now (no complaints from DP, but I'm not happy with it).

Edit: probably should add that I had big babies, 4.5kg & 4.2kg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Caesar or vaginal?

I had 2 vb and my last was a c-section. It was an emergency so that may have been the reason my recovery took so long. I didn't get any time with my baby because I was in recovery. I didn't get to see her until 3 hours later. It's not the birth I would choose but everyone's experience is different. All my babies were over 4kg. My c section was my smallest at 4.087kg. My son was natural and he was 4.85kg. No problem with birth (no stitches or tearing) and no huge recovery. My other was 4.11kg
    Last edited by BigRedV; 12-03-2017 at 13:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting to see how many people had delayed contact with bub after a csec. Mine were with me within minutes of being checked and stayed with me skin on skin during recovery and then to the ward
    All 3 of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had two C-sections. The first was classified as an emergency (though I knew hours in advance we would need to go down that track) and second was anticipated when the same symptoms appeared late in my pregnancy. Can't compare to a vaginal delivery, and I am sure that in the absence of major tearing/complications from a vaginal delivery, the vaginal delivery would be the best recovery (you aren't having major surgery after all).

All that said, both my sections have been delightful. Wonderful OB and theatre staff made the actual deliveries so special and precious in the most sterile of environments. It was really 'warm' and no less special than if bubs had been delivered elsewhere. Had skin to skin with bub within about a minute of each being born. Had at least 15/20 minutes each time and then hubby would go with bub to do measurements and final checks and to have some bonding time while waiting for me to get out of recovery.

Both bubs born around 10pm. Was up and showering myself the next morning.

I know you are not supposed to lift anything heavier than your bub, but it doesn't mean it is impossible. I had one or two instances where I had to lift my 2 year old when second bub came along. It was fine. With a bit of planning most heavy lifting situations can be avoided.

Was driving with Drs blessing around 3-4 weeks post op.

Have had no ongoing issues with scar and can barely see it 2 years post my last c-section.

Again, I have nothing to compare it to but I found both my sections wonderful, positive experiences and I wouldn't hesitate to have another (which is good because I will have no choice!) if we decide to go for number 3.