+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feel like its my first time all over again!

I've just found out that I'm pregnant again and I feel like a first timer.

My youngest is 13 and eldest 18 and looking at prams carseats etc I feel like a newbie.

I know theres things I should and shouldnt do and thibgs I shoukd avoid eating but I cant for the life of me remember any of them.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on your pregnancy!

I'm an old duck (42) and fairly traditional in my ways, so the first thing I did when I found out I was pregnant was to go out and buy myself a copy of What To Expect When You're Expecting.

I suspect all the young'uns on BH are laughing at me and my reluctance to just google that sort of stuff, but I have found that book to be invaluable, and I refer to it regularly. Each to their own of course but it was a pretty good reference for symptoms, foods to avoid, and what to expect during each stage of the journey. I also found it to be really reassuring when things went momentarily pear-shaped - it was not alarmist in any way. I'm sure I'll refer to it many, many more times as each week passes.

Good luck hon, such an exciting time for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Congrats on your pregnancy!

I'm an old duck (42) and fairly traditional in my ways, so the first thing I did when I found out I was pregnant was to go out and buy myself a copy of What To Expect When You're Expecting.

I suspect all the young'uns on BH are laughing at me and my reluctance to just google that sort of stuff, but I have found that book to be invaluable, and I refer to it regularly. Each to their own of course but it was a pretty good reference for symptoms, foods to avoid, and what to expect during each stage of the journey. I also found it to be really reassuring when things went momentarily pear-shaped - it was not alarmist in any way. I'm sure I'll refer to it many, many more times as each week passes.

Good luck hon, such an exciting time for you!
    Hi @Blossom74 sorry I read your post had had to reply! Im 28 and pregnant with my first baby. I bought this book. I devoured it in a week flat and have constantly been picking it up and reading it all the way through. Yesterday i went and bought what to expect in the first year! Sometimes you cant go past having a good reliably book on hand. Google isnt alway right neither does it always provide the answer you need! Lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twentysomething For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (10-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysomething View Post
    Hi @Blossom74 sorry I read your post had had to reply! Im 28 and pregnant with my first baby. I bought this book. I devoured it in a week flat and have constantly been picking it up and reading it all the way through. Yesterday i went and bought what to expect in the first year! Sometimes you cant go past having a good reliably book on hand. Google isnt alway right neither does it always provide the answer you need! Lol
    Thanks for the kind words, and I couldn't agree more. It has been a God-send for me! I've heard some people say they feel it's a bit negative but I actually felt the opposite. Long live the book! And to hell with you, Dr Google!!!