ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't, but I hope to have some involvement at my DS's school community (he just started primary school this year).

I work full time, so that makes things like school canteen duty not possible. I think I'd like to assist with fundraising type ventures. One of the goals at the school is to raise money for air conditioners in every classroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH and I volunteer quite a lot at our church. DH runs the youth program, I teach Sunday School, I'm part of the music team and sing in bands twice a month. I'm also on a mission team which outreaches to the community in a variety of ways.

DH coaches and manages DS's soccer team (this is his 6th year). I end up doing some of the managing stuff, which is fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (11-03-2017)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm on the Board of a community legal service. It's an unpaid position. I really love being part of the organisation. They do important work and are such an asset to our communities.
    I like being able to volunteer for something I'm really passionate about as well as having the opportunity to develop my own governance skills in the process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't do any at all, but once bub comes along and begins school I imagine that will change.

I sent hubby out to help our local cemetery trust tend to their overgrown gardens. We had written to the council complaining about what a disgrace they were, and were informed it wasn't a council job and that it was the trust's responsibility. Obviously the message got through as a working bee was called shortly thereafter and hubby was all too happy to chip in a few hours. Apparently it was a fairly poor turn-out though, which is a shame.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am on the board of a health NGO. This is my fifth year of doing that. Late last year I also joined the governing committee for the childcare center my dd goes to (non-profit large community centre).
    When she starts sports later that will be DHs responsibility as he has always been involved with sporting clubs.
    When she is at school I will assess the environment and my capacity to contribute - by that stage I imagine I will be working close to full time hours. I am already stretched thin with Work, study, dd, and a DH who is away a lot. I'm conscious that the wellbeing of my family and me come first and I need and deserve down time so I don't want to take on too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't at the moment. I gave up my last volunteer work (on a youth NGO council) when I went back to work, but will likely be volunteering at the chick where my DD goes to kindy this year. My paid job is community work too though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only things I do is help out at ds school and his athletics club. Today we had sports day so I was organising kids where to go and the technique they needed for some of sports. My dad does a lot at the school also, helping teach kids to read across 2 different classrooms and 3 different grades. He also does excursions but only in ds classroom. He will do it as long as possible. Dp also does a lot with help with the local footy club that DS1 plays for. I'm suppose to be at athletics tonight but I'm far to knackered from today. Normally I take the kids around all 15 odd 9 year old boys with a couple other parents doing their events. You'd be amazed at the amount of parents that drop their kids off but never help out at all with anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am on our local hall committee. We manage the hall and surrounding park, instead of the local council doing it. Our committee also runs a community Market once a month and are about to start a Sunday arvo jazz in our park. I am an administrator for the facebook page and do as much free marketing as possible - creating posters, writing articles for newspaper (when I have time) organising the advertising, sending emails, facebook posts and shares. This can take alot of my time but I do this part from home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not right now. I was President of our local playgroup for over 2 years until DD started school which was pretty full on, so I'm having a bit of a break before doing anything else! I've also gone back to work since so don't have as much free time. But I do baking for the school fete, cake stalls etc and supervise excursions, do parent help in class when I can. I'm lucky as we have our own business so I can set my own hours to help at school as the kids both love me being involved and going to their class. DH is a volunteer firey as well, so I guess I help there as keep home "going" when he has to go off on shift.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on two committees at school, but not in a lead role. My roster is different every month, and my husband works interstate so it's hard to commit to anything that requires me to be at a certain place at set times.