ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 102 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I join in ladies? I'm not quite 40 but very close...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JJZK View Post
    Can I join in ladies? I'm not quite 40 but very close...
    Of course

Thanks
    Reviews
    My story (very briefly)...

Me: Turning 40 too soon
    DH: Turned 38 today
    DD1: 6yo took 21 cycles to conceive
    DD2: 5yo 1 cycle
    DS1: 4yo 1 cycle

TTC #4 since October 2016. 6 cycles with 1 missed cycle in March whilst I took high doses of iron.

Today I am 15dpo, AF due tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @JJZK, have you ruled out endometriosis as being the problem? It's strange you had 3 kids and you're struggling to have the 4th!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel3072 View Post
    I never knew about Ashermans syndrome until reading that thread. So not really sure.
    My luteal phase stays the same, usually 12 or 14 days. So I dont have a luteal phase defect. Honestly, my biggest problem is being 43. Until I was 40 getting pregnant wasnt a problem. I will be 44 in May. Im looking at my 2 year old and thinking I really hope she isnt my last one.
    I have a friend who's 42 and just fell pregnant with her first.. I hope your 2 year old isn't the last one. At 43/44 it's just reaching in to find the good egg.. Would you consider IVF so you can grow more than 1 egg? How many does clomid usually cause to grow?

I'm glad you didn't have problems at 40... It gives me some hope...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nightowlsurprise View Post
    Hi @JJZK, have you ruled out endometriosis as being the problem? It's strange you had 3 kids and you're struggling to have the 4th!
    I have just had an ultrasound in readiness for our appointment with a FS. It showed I have a bulky uterus which is often a sign of adenomyosis. Adeno can go hand in hand with endo.

I guess we will know more after seeing the FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nightowlsurprise View Post
    I have a friend who's 42 and just fell pregnant with her first.. I hope your 2 year old isn't the last one. At 43/44 it's just reaching in to find the good egg.. Would you consider IVF so you can grow more than 1 egg? How many does clomid usually cause to grow?

I'm glad you didn't have problems at 40... It gives me some hope...
    Definitely would not do IVF I have children already. If I was struggling to have a first or second child then yes definitely.
    Clomid can make more than one egg, usually two, Very rarely more. I think I will just be leaving it to fate. I just dont want this part of my life to be over, it makes me feel like Im having a mid life crisis.... like all my best years are behind me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome new lovelies! The more the merrier and it's great to see likeminded ladies sharing stories.

I had never heard of Ashermans or Andemo either, wow, had no idea...Fingers crossed it's all clear@JJZK!!

Mamas in 40 range are seriously awesome btw.
    @Rachel3072, be brave hon and yeah go with your gut.

Thanks @nightowlsurprise, I totally agree, it's been a bit of a crap outcome in the end but I'm trying to be positive and that FS is pretty awesome despite her super bluntness so I'll suck up my feelings smeelings for now and smile along. My old workmate had a great saying "Don't get angry, get what you want". For now I shall embrace it!! Lose my sh*t later

Turns out I did ovulate too early and we missed the IUI boat this month Am not thrilled but they tell me my out of pocket (after Medicare)will go towards my next cycle..so I'm not too much in the red...still annoying.
    Doctor tried to tell me there was no mistake so not to lay blame but really, I should be able to lose the written sheet they gave me (nurse even said I didn't really need it as folks like to just tick things off) and still read the Pharmacy instructions AND NOT get confused. An incident was raised by the nurses and the Pharmacy were aware of the issue with the wording..so...how is that not an error..🤥 eh..letting it go..
    Anyhoooo... yeah positive and upbeat ..must make that a new mantra or some hippy thing that I jest about but completely believe in too🤣 sigh..I love being a woman and a kookoo cachoo one at that.. but oh yeah there is a slim chance we did get Preg spontaneously (docs wording not mine!) so it's either 2 weeks to test or two weeks to start again...🤷‍♀️

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCola For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (28-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well everything is over, phew. Now it is just a waiting game until next cycle. It is VERY tempting to just try straight away, but of all the google research I have done it suggests it is better to wait for one normal cycle, hopefully that will be in about 3 weeks time ish. Waiting is so hard, it is worse than the 2WW.... just upping my folic acid, and prenatals and psyching myself up, just want my first new cycle of clomid to be THE ONE!!
    @CherryCola maybe we will be cycle buddies next month!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel3072 For This Useful Post:

JJZK  (28-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys. I hope you're all doing well. Just wondering if I could join too? I'm 40 in a few months and have been trying since January with no luck.