+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 93 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebaby01 View Post
    Hi, Am 43 years old from perth wa, and i have been trying to conceive for years, i tried ivf once nd it failed had eggs frozen so m starting again on the meds for another try with frozen ones.just here for some courage or even friendship with someone my age nd going through the same
    I too am in Perth. Just turned 41. I am a single gal with an almost 3yr old girl. Last 2 and a half years has been spent on the ivf and more recently donor egg merry go round. Now 25 weeks pregnant. Message me if you want to chat or even meet up for a coffee.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Rosebaby01  (14-09-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel3072 View Post
    It is frustrating, but more because there are so many "what was it" questions.... Was it chromosomal, was it because my eggs are 43 years old and maybe they dont have enough "energy" to keep going, was it something else.... Will it happen again? Am I too old now?

I feel so grateful that I do have children and then I feel a bit selfish for wanting more when some people cant manage to have even one. But I love being a mum, I'm a good mum, I dont want to do anything else, I want more people in my family.... I'm still going to try asap, just praying it doesnt take ANOTHER 5 months of clomid.
    Then I get all hopeful, like well, at least the sperm are meeting an egg (even if the egg was dodgy), so that part's working. lol. Maybe I will get pregnant again first round of clomid, maybe I will get twins this time, there is a higher chance of twins immediately following miscarriage.... maybe this all happened for a reason....
    I know, right? If we just had the answer, it would make life that much better!! I feel like I can't move on until the answer to "why" is given!!!
    My mum had her 4th child at 44, so don't lose hope! You've got a much better chance than someone trying for their first child at 40, like me!!
    Did you have to use clomid for your other children as well? I don't really know how clomid works.. My stupid AF comes every 24 days, although it's possible my recent endo excision may have fixed some of my problems. I got fertile egg white mucus yesterday for the first time ever!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (25-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCola View Post
    Hi all! Just joining the group as I too am TTC and am 40, without too many ppl to moan too or in the same boat who kinda get the anxiety really.
    I hope everyone's weekend is going well? Where's everyone at on a Sat night?
    I remember the pain of losing a bubs too Rachel3072, it's not easy and all the questions plague you but sometimes it's the universe or whatever timing these things too, so yes here's hoping for a BFP on the first round again maybe twins! No guilt necessary, being a mum is awesome and beautiful, no one should deny another soul the experience.
    If you do feel low tho, definitely hit up a counsellor as they helped so so much, mental health is important too not just physical I found out..so hard not to stressssssszzzz🤷‍♀️

I have a 3yr old son and he took a lot of waiting for until I finally got a lap and some help with drugs. Turns out I had a smidge of endo which was zapped easy peasy and a growth that was a built-in contraceptive...so no wonder!

I started my first drug cycle this week as we are doing IUI again, but I think it's been f*cked up thanks to some dodgy instructions by the chemist. I took Pregnyl meant for 4 days post trigger/ovulation on Day 4 prior to ovulation. I wanted to cry but decided to be A bit cranky bout that and then resigned to the universe.

So It's a wait and see now if I have to wait until next month to try again...sigh. Doctor isn't sure what the outcome of the ef up will be till scans next Tuesday
    it's nice to meet you! I'm 40 too and ttc my first I have been trying for about a year and my doctor thought I may have endo, even though I had NO symptoms. Sure enough, stage 3 endo found and removed. This is my first month trying after endo excision!

How much pregnyl did you inject? Gosh, I really hope it didn't damage the eggs.. If I were you, I'd complain as much as you can to get a refund.. A friend of mine did that when her doctor saw DH's had fibroid but didn't do anything about it and this was the reason why she wasn't getting pregnant. Her doctor told her it was nothing to worry about but it was 12cm!!! Anyway she complained and wrote them a letter and got her money back!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Number5alive View Post
    Hi, I'm about to be 42 and expecting my second post 40 baby.. I have a 13 month old daughter .. I also have 3 much older boys... I think I must be some sort of freak of nature because I seem to get pregnant easier now than I did in my 20s.. go figure!
    My oldest two were ivf babies, then my third son was a nice surprise at age30, I then spent my entire 30s trying to conceive my 4th ( and what I thought would be my final) I finally fell pregnant just after my 40th birthday.. and am currently 10 ish weeks with number five... gobsmacked and bricking it a bit.
    Congratulations, that's wonderful news and welcome to the group!!

Wow, ten years to conceive your fourth? Wow. I'm 40 and trying to conceive my first.. I don't have ten years tho, so really hoping the universe doesn't make me wait!!!

How far along are you atm?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebaby01 View Post
    Hi, Am 43 years old from perth wa, and i have been trying to conceive for years, i tried ivf once nd it failed had eggs frozen so m starting again on the meds for another try with frozen ones.just here for some courage or even friendship with someone my age nd going through the same
    Welcome hun! I'm sorry it's taking longer than expected.. are you trying to conceive your first?

We're all here to be your friend and to share the journey with you. I'm 40 and trying to conceive my first.

Will you be using frozen eggs or frozen embryos?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, good to see some more 40+ mums.... Im 43 aswell. I'm really hoping to TTC end of may, early June.. It is stressing me out a bit, after the last pregnancy took 5 months ttc on clomid, only to be not a sticky. Really really hoping my first new cycle on clomid will work first try. I'm so aware that every year that passes the likelihood of having more children diminishes. I feel like it is a race against the clock now. I will be 44 in May. I am still ovulating normally, but take clomid so I can predict O more easily, without it my cycle is too irregular and it is a nightmare to predict. I have never tried IVF and I wont because I already have children, but I still intend to try my hardest to have more.
    Hi hun, could you have a d&c to hurry along the process?

I'm curious about clomid given you ovulate? How does it work? Do you think it would work for me even tho my AF comes bang on 24 days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCola View Post
    Scans with the doc tomorrow to see if I've ovulated super early thanks to the sh*t pharmacy instructions (to take Pregnyl on Day 4 and not specifying it was 4 days after the trigger) or if I'm still to carry on as normal with the trigger and other drugs...soooo stressy I wonder if they'll at least refund me some of the drugs cost, it's not cool that it was their stuff up... I tried to call and couldn't fine anything helpful online.. seriously.. how hard is it to put the word "POST TRIGGER".. and the damn trigger has gINORMOUS letter on it saying 'trigger'... pfffft! Rant done.
    Thanks ladies!!
    Btw Baby dust to wonderful waiters!!! Mwahhh!
    Good luck today @CherryCola! I'm not sure the early pregnyl caused ovulation, unless you took a high dose of pregnyl, but I'm hoping it didn't cause too much damage... Fingers crossed for you. Let us know what transpires..

You most definitely should get a refund and I would be pushing for this. Do it in a room full of patients lol.

Seriously though, I'd be trying to get a refund for their negligence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nightowlsurprise View Post
    Hi hun, could you have a d&c to hurry along the process?

I'm curious about clomid given you ovulate? How does it work? Do you think it would work for me even tho my AF comes bang on 24 days?
    I considered it until I read the warnings about Asherman's syndrome caused by D&C's in the miscarriage section. Things are taking their course and I would have to wait until a normal AF cycle anyway, so it wouldnt speed anything up really.

As for clomid, I ovulate irregularly, some months it is day 14, some months day 18, other months day 23. It is a nightmare to predict. I was prescribed clomid because it regulates ovulation, so on clomid I ovulate pretty much 8 -9 days after the last pill which makes timing so much easier. You'd have to google clomid to see what you think about your situation. It can help with a short luteal phase aswell. Clomid is usually prescribed when you either dont ovulate or dont ovulate regularly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I considered it until I read the warnings about Asherman's syndrome caused by D&C's in the miscarriage section. Things are taking their course and I would have to wait until a normal AF cycle anyway, so it wouldnt speed anything up really.

As for clomid, I ovulate irregularly, some months it is day 14, some months day 18, other months day 23. It is a nightmare to predict. I was prescribed clomid because it regulates ovulation, so on clomid I ovulate pretty much 8 -9 days after the last pill which makes timing so much easier. You'd have to google clomid to see what you think about your situation. It can help with a short luteal phase aswell. Clomid is usually prescribed when you either dont ovulate or dont ovulate regularly.
    I had a d&c with my lap.. Is Asherman's likely during all d&cs or just those related to a m/c?

You're right to wait for it to be expelled naturally.. Tbh hun, time goes by quickly these days.. I remember a conversation I had with a friend which felt like yesterday, but it was 7 months ago now!! We'll be in May next week, so you'll be trying again in no time and I'm very hopeful you will succeed in your first month of clomid.. That's my feeling and I hope I'm right!

I ovulate fairly regularly, usually bang on day 12, altho it looks like it's been moved up to day 14 after my lap.

Can I ask, if you ovulate irregularly how does that affect your AF? If you ovulate on day 23, does that mean your AF is delayed by 12-14 days?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (25-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never knew about Ashermans syndrome until reading that thread. So not really sure.
    My luteal phase stays the same, usually 12 or 14 days. So I dont have a luteal phase defect. Honestly, my biggest problem is being 43. Until I was 40 getting pregnant wasnt a problem. I will be 44 in May. Im looking at my 2 year old and thinking I really hope she isnt my last one.