Closed Thread
Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Come chat, Ladies who are 40+ TTC or Expecting

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel3072 View Post
    A blighted ovum is like a miscarriage, when conception happens but the baby doesnt develop, only the sac and support system, usually it is due to problems with the egg or sperm, usually chromosomal. Im more annoyed that Im back having to ttc again, when this time took me 5 months of clomid.
    Now I'm waiting for a normal cycle so I can start over.
    I'm so sorry hun. The universe is so cruel sometimes.. Why can't the universe just prevent the egg from being fertilised? I don't understand why it starts great guns and then after a few weeks stops.. Such a waste of time we don't have.. Truly.. I hope you don't have to wait long?
    I'm TTC atm but I don't know why I bother since my attempts over the last 2 years have never resulted in a bfp.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (22-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is frustrating, but more because there are so many "what was it" questions.... Was it chromosomal, was it because my eggs are 43 years old and maybe they dont have enough "energy" to keep going, was it something else.... Will it happen again? Am I too old now?

I feel so grateful that I do have children and then I feel a bit selfish for wanting more when some people cant manage to have even one. But I love being a mum, I'm a good mum, I dont want to do anything else, I want more people in my family.... I'm still going to try asap, just praying it doesnt take ANOTHER 5 months of clomid.
    Then I get all hopeful, like well, at least the sperm are meeting an egg (even if the egg was dodgy), so that part's working. lol. Maybe I will get pregnant again first round of clomid, maybe I will get twins this time, there is a higher chance of twins immediately following miscarriage.... maybe this all happened for a reason....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Come chat, Ladies who are 40+ TTC or Expecting

Hi all! Just joining the group as I too am TTC and am 40, without too many ppl to moan too or in the same boat who kinda get the anxiety really.
    I hope everyone's weekend is going well? Where's everyone at on a Sat night?
    I remember the pain of losing a bubs too Rachel3072, it's not easy and all the questions plague you but sometimes it's the universe or whatever timing these things too, so yes here's hoping for a BFP on the first round again maybe twins! No guilt necessary, being a mum is awesome and beautiful, no one should deny another soul the experience.
    If you do feel low tho, definitely hit up a counsellor as they helped so so much, mental health is important too not just physical I found out..so hard not to stressssssszzzz🤷‍♀️

I have a 3yr old son and he took a lot of waiting for until I finally got a lap and some help with drugs. Turns out I had a smidge of endo which was zapped easy peasy and a growth that was a built-in contraceptive...so no wonder!

I started my first drug cycle this week as we are doing IUI again, but I think it's been f*cked up thanks to some dodgy instructions by the chemist. I took Pregnyl meant for 4 days post trigger/ovulation on Day 4 prior to ovulation. I wanted to cry but decided to be A bit cranky bout that and then resigned to the universe.

So It's a wait and see now if I have to wait until next month to try again...sigh. Doctor isn't sure what the outcome of the ef up will be till scans next Tuesday
    Last edited by CherryCola; 22-04-2017 at 17:47.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCola For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (23-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @CherryCola great to see some more people in the 40+ ttc. Im fine about the blighted ovum, just wish I could speed things up so I could get to try again. Hoping things hurry up so I can ttc in May after a normal AF. That's the plan, but then I've hear it can take 6 weeks. grrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm about to be 42 and expecting my second post 40 baby.. I have a 13 month old daughter .. I also have 3 much older boys... I think I must be some sort of freak of nature because I seem to get pregnant easier now than I did in my 20s.. go figure!
    My oldest two were ivf babies, then my third son was a nice surprise at age30, I then spent my entire 30s trying to conceive my 4th ( and what I thought would be my final) I finally fell pregnant just after my 40th birthday.. and am currently 10 ish weeks with number five... gobsmacked and bricking it a bit.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Number5alive For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (24-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mrs

Hi, Am 43 years old from perth wa, and i have been trying to conceive for years, i tried ivf once nd it failed had eggs frozen so m starting again on the meds for another try with frozen ones.just here for some courage or even friendship with someone my age nd going through the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Am 43 years old from perth wa, and i have been trying to conceive for years, i tried ivf once nd it failed had eggs frozen so m starting again on the meds for another try with frozen ones.just here for some courage or even friendship with someone my age nd going through the same

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosebaby01 For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (24-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebaby01 View Post
    Hi, good to see some more 40+ mums.... Im 43 aswell. I'm really hoping to TTC end of may, early June.. It is stressing me out a bit, after the last pregnancy took 5 months ttc on clomid, only to be not a sticky. Really really hoping my first new cycle on clomid will work first try. I'm so aware that every year that passes the likelihood of having more children diminishes. I feel like it is a race against the clock now. I will be 44 in May. I am still ovulating normally, but take clomid so I can predict O more easily, without it my cycle is too irregular and it is a nightmare to predict. I have never tried IVF and I wont because I already have children, but I still intend to try my hardest to have more.
    Last edited by Rachel3072; 24-04-2017 at 15:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Number5alive View Post
    Hi, I'm about to be 42 and expecting my second post 40 baby.. I have a 13 month old daughter .. I also have 3 much older boys... I think I must be some sort of freak of nature because I seem to get pregnant easier now than I did in my 20s.. go figure!
    My oldest two were ivf babies, then my third son was a nice surprise at age30, I then spent my entire 30s trying to conceive my 4th ( and what I thought would be my final) I finally fell pregnant just after my 40th birthday.. and am currently 10 ish weeks with number five... gobsmacked and bricking it a bit.
    That's awesome news. I have a 2 and 3 year old, and older children, but I am so keen for more tiny people. For some reason I have this huge surge of cluckiness and it is all I can think about. I'm desperate for my 'having babies" stage to NOT be over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scans with the doc tomorrow to see if I've ovulated super early thanks to the sh*t pharmacy instructions (to take Pregnyl on Day 4 and not specifying it was 4 days after the trigger) or if I'm still to carry on as normal with the trigger and other drugs...soooo stressy I wonder if they'll at least refund me some of the drugs cost, it's not cool that it was their stuff up... I tried to call and couldn't fine anything helpful online.. seriously.. how hard is it to put the word "POST TRIGGER".. and the damn trigger has gINORMOUS letter on it saying 'trigger'... pfffft! Rant done.
    Thanks ladies!!
    Btw Baby dust to wonderful waiters!!! Mwahhh!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCola For This Useful Post:

Sparkoflife  (08-06-2017)