+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hello, just saw this thread and thought I'd pop in. I'm 40 and currently ttc no 2. my situation is a bit like yours Deskar, I can fall pregnant but can't stay pregnant. it took 3 years and 4 miscarriages to get pregnant with ds, and I've had another 2 miscarriages since he was born, which is really disheartening. I would really love to give him a sibling but feel that time is not on our side. is anyone doing anything particular to help conceive? good luck to everyone, and congrats to Rachel!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (22-03-2017),Rachel3072  (19-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel3072 View Post
    You'll have to just google clomid for the hormone details, I'm not good at explaining. BUT if you have a short luteal period, called a luteal phase defect, so the time between ovulation and AF arriving is less than 12 days, clomid helps with that and makes that time longer so the potential fertilised egg has more time to implant.
    I'll ask my doctor next time I see him. He never mentioned clomid to me. My follicular phase is 12 days and luteal phase is 12 days so that's a total of 24 days all up. Apparently that's normal, but I'll ask him to tell me why he wouldn't recommend clomid to me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg2 View Post
    hello, just saw this thread and thought I'd pop in. I'm 40 and currently ttc no 2. my situation is a bit like yours Deskar, I can fall pregnant but can't stay pregnant. it took 3 years and 4 miscarriages to get pregnant with ds, and I've had another 2 miscarriages since he was born, which is really disheartening. I would really love to give him a sibling but feel that time is not on our side. is anyone doing anything particular to help conceive? good luck to everyone, and congrats to Rachel!
    Hi @Meg2 welcome. Have you or @Deskar looked into possible immune issues? It's amazing how fertile some women are and their embryos can implant quickly without any trouble. I can't get my embryo to implant at all!! I'm sorry you keep miscarrying.. Have you seen anyone about it and what have they suggested/recommended?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well pretty much everyone from my "due in " group have moved to a facebook group. So now I'm left nowhere. I don't like the fb groups because, although I'm on fb, I like the anonymity of just being here and being able to say how you feel. Also it always gets awkward, like people start sending you FB friend requests and get offended if you don't accept, and I've never really had a good experience when I've joined any fb groups before. I had to completely close down one facebook account when I added some women from a fb group I was in. I don't add people I haven't met in real life and know anymore.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel3072 For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

sorry I have been a bit MIA, we went away last weekend and the tiredness caught up with me. I don't think having AF helped. I actually had a nap yesterday.

@nightowlsurprise I have been tested for immune issues a couple of times. Blood tests for various things including genetics and biopsies for NKC. Nothing. although I bleed easier than most people. I used to have a blood disorder (von Willebrands) but recent testing means now that I am close to having it so I don't have it anymore. DH has also had arrange of tests and he is fine too. I lost weight when I was pregnant eating normally so my OB and Endo think I have something going on but there is no diagnosis. I am a heavy woman but generally healthy. I hope they can find the reason you have trouble with implanting. Are you still having a laproscopy?

@Meg2 welcome! We are both ttc2! for your miscarriages. It's a hard road isn't it? Have you been tested?

As for what I am doing, I generally take a range of vitamins. I sometimes take a trigger shot of ovidrel for ovulation - it helps with meiosis which can be a problem after 35 and also helps with implantation. At 2dpo I start progesterone pessaries (1xoripro). I usually have a blood test at 10dpo to see if I'm pregnant and a repeat 2 days later. My cycle is usually 28days.

i've also done cycles of OI (injectables- puregon 75) and IUI but not recently due to finances.

@Rachel3072 the Facebook thing is annoying. I also stopped with Facebook a few years ago because I didn't know a lot of the people on my list IRL. Keep talking to us

@blossum74 so good to see you pregnant! You know I stalk you IVF over 40's girls and cheer when one of you get a well deserved bfp It's such a hard long road for so many of us. I think it's worse when you add all the cost of IVF as well (physical, emotional, financial). I have all my tests at an IVF clinic and so many of the same faces are there since before I had DS. My heart breaks for them!

DS has a poopie and DH is napping so I'd better go... I am currently only working 2 days a week so am around to chat. Hope you are all having a good weekend!

Deskar
    Last edited by Deskar; 19-03-2017 at 16:40. Reason: Adding space for readability

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deskar For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (24-03-2017),Meg2  (23-03-2017),smallpotatoes  (22-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!

well today is day 8 of my cycle. Had a blood test this morning and just rang for the results:
    p4 < 2
    LH = 4
    e2 = 560

I have to have an ultrasound and blood test on Saturday to see how things are progressing. I suspect I will trigger on Sunday or Monday. I am not on any drugs currently, usually day 8 my e2 is around 300something. Don't really know what the numbers mean except I usually ovulate with e2 around 1200 and LH over 6.

Hoping for a better month this month, I had a cyst on one of my ovaries last month and kind of knew it would be a bust.

Having a quiet afternoon watching tv. DS had his 18month shots this morning and is sleeping like an angel.

Deskar

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nightowlsurpise how are you going? Have you tested?
    @Meg2 where are you currently in your cycle?

Hope you are both ok...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Deskar View Post
    @nightowlsurpise how are you going? Have you tested?
    @Meg2 where are you currently in your cycle?

Hope you are both ok...
    All good here hun. Yep I did but unfortunately bfn. My lap is in a few days and I'm so excited!! Hoping for some answers!! How are you going??

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nightowlsurprise, just waiting to O in a few days. Good luck with your lap! I have heard you are more fertile for a couple of months after that type of procedure so for you that it works out like that for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If anyone wants some free OPK's just PM me and I'll post them. They are just the ebay ones, but worked fine. I have a bunch of them. I am 5 weeks and 1 day today, so far so good.