Closed Thread
Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd like to if that's okay... I sort of dont know where to go to now. I joined the Due in November group but Im like the only "Old" person. lol I'll stay a while here and send some baby dust.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel3072 For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds ok to me, hopefully @nightowlsurprise won't mind as well. Must admit, I never joined a due in group with DS because I felt 'different'. Hope you have a great pregnancy!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Deskar For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (14-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will only send baby dust not talk about being pregnant. That is for the pregnancy chat threads.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel3072 For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    See how you go, pm if you need to chat and don't want to post. Great to read some good news! Very excited for you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Deskar For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I am now day 1 of a new cycle. AF has arrived. I'm doing another cycle of tracking which means a BT next Wednesday to see how I am tracking...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just gate crashing the party to wish you all well ladies.

I'm 42 (43 soon-ish) and currently 24 weeks pregnant with my first little one - although due to hubby's vasectomy ( ) and my advanced age ( ) I had to cheat a bit and do it with IVF and an egg donor's help!

I am just in awe of your strength and determination - I know personally how hard this journey can be sometimes. Anyway, I'll be following along and crossing my fingers for a BFP for each and every one of you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Come chat, Ladies who are 40+ TTC

Hi ladies!! I walk away for a couple of days and there are heaps of posts!

First, hello to both of you!
    @Rachel3072, I've heard that if you've had kids prior to turning 40, you shouldn't have any problems in your 40s! My mum had her 6th in her late 40s!! But a ginormous congratulations on the bfp!! Well done! Sounds like you're very fertile!!! Of course you can stay here! It would be lovely to have you around to chat to since we are all in the 40s age range Please stay!! Tell us how you're going! It's nice to live vicariously through you!!! I'm excited for you! Yay!
    @Deskar, I'm very sorry to hear it took 10 years and you're trying to give your son a sibling and it keeps slipping away. I've read about immune related issues being problematic in women who keep losing their embryos. Can I ask if that's been ruled out?

I don't have experience with clomid. Is that only for women who don't ovulate? Wishing you all the best fit a successful cycle. xx

My update is that I am currently on progesterone pressaries and can't bear the thought of another bfn so I'm not testing at all. Not sure how long progesterone keeps AF away either, but I'm hoping I'll have a breakthrough bleed if it's a bfn.. I'm currently 13dpo.. I just can't get myself to poas. I can't do it. I have no symptoms at all, not even from the progesterone... It's definitely a bfn but I don't want to see it on a pregnancy test. Have you got any experience with progesterone @Deskar?

My background is that I can't even get pregnant. Never seen a second line on a pregnancy test. My HCG has never been anything other than

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @nightowlsurprise. Im not super fertile but Clomid is my lifesaver. Regulates everything. I do ovulate without it, but it is late in the cycle and hard to predict. Have you ever asked your GP about clomid?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel3072 For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel3072 View Post
    Thanks @nightowlsurprise. Im not super fertile but Clomid is my lifesaver. Regulates everything. I do ovulate without it, but it is late in the cycle and hard to predict. Have you ever asked your GP about clomid?
    Can you tell me what it does? I suspect I don't need it as I ovulate like clockwork... Are they inclined to give it to women who have regular, albeit short, cycles and who ovulate like clockwork each cycle?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (22-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nightowlsurprise View Post
    Can you tell me what it does? I suspect I don't need it as I ovulate like clockwork... Are they inclined to give it to women who have regular, albeit short, cycles and who ovulate like clockwork each cycle?
    You'll have to just google clomid for the hormone details, I'm not good at explaining. BUT if you have a short luteal period, called a luteal phase defect, so the time between ovulation and AF arriving is less than 12 days, clomid helps with that and makes that time longer so the potential fertilised egg has more time to implant.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel3072 For This Useful Post:

Deskar  (22-03-2017)