ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Brisbane

Hi there,
    I am currently with Primary IVF Brisbane and before my first appointment I looked online for any reviews and found that there weren't any I could track down(they only opened in Nov 2016) so I would like to put mine out there and see if there is anyone else attending the Brisbane clinic as well and how they are finding it.

My partner and I both aged 36 started our IVF journey towards the end of 2015 with City Fertility(after TTC for 3 years) we underwent all of the tests, so many blood tests! Got our results, I was fine but DH had very, very low almost non existent sperm count and the ones he had were not doing what they should be doing or looking like they should either. Our options were to under go ICSI, involving drugs and egg collection from me and choosing a good sperm from DH and putting them together then back in to grow/hatch. This would have cost us approx. $4800 per cycle. We were advised we would probably need three cycles to be successful but that is not guaranteed of course. Before we started the next steps we got engaged and decided to wait to get married before trying ICSI.

11 months later and 2 weeks before the wedding I saw a segment on the news about Primary IVF opening in Brisbane very soon. I went online to their website that night and sent an enquiry. They rang me the next day and I made an appointment for two weeks time! The first appointment was with the GP Dr Liam Caroll and he took our information and advised we had to do all the initial tests again as the results were now 12 months old. So we went off and did all the tests again and we went back to see him for results approx. 4 weeks later.

Our next appointment was with the FS Dr Susan George, she went through our results and ordered a few more tests for DH and put me on a low dose of Thyroxine as my levels were low. We had to wait 6 weeks for our next appointment as I had to be on the Thyroxine for that amount of time before the next blood test to check the levels were ok. Dr George is really nice and very through, I feel like we are in good hands with her. We will be going through ICSI. Our next appointment (same day) was with the nurse and she was super lovely and explained the whole ICSI and egg collection process along with all of the drugs/injections I will have to take. She was very warm and put us both at ease. This all starts in a few more weeks when AF arrives. We will be out of pocket no more than $700 in total for the procedure (private health excess and the medication) We have both been really happy with Primary IVF, all of the staff we have encountered there have been fantastic, warm and professional. If anyone else is going through Primary IVF Brisbane I would love to hear about your experience

Cheerycub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! We are waiting to make an appointment after transferring our records from Monash. Are you in the Facebook group?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to th300 For This Useful Post:

Cheerycub  (10-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi th300

How far did you get with Monash? I haven't joined the FB group, is it it a closed group thing? I was worried everyone in my friends list would know my IVF business.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerycub View Post
    Hi there,
    I am currently with Primary IVF Brisbane and before my first appointment I looked online for any reviews and found that there weren't any I could track down(they only opened in Nov 2016) so I would like to put mine out there and see if there is anyone else attending the Brisbane clinic as well and how they are finding it.

My partner and I both aged 36 started our IVF journey towards the end of 2015 with City Fertility(after TTC for 3 years) we underwent all of the tests, so many blood tests! Got our results, I was fine but DH had very, very low almost non existent sperm count and the ones he had were not doing what they should be doing or looking like they should either. Our options were to under go ICSI, involving drugs and egg collection from me and choosing a good sperm from DH and putting them together then back in to grow/hatch. This would have cost us approx. $4800 per cycle. We were advised we would probably need three cycles to be successful but that is not guaranteed of course. Before we started the next steps we got engaged and decided to wait to get married before trying ICSI.

11 months later and 2 weeks before the wedding I saw a segment on the news about Primary IVF opening in Brisbane very soon. I went online to their website that night and sent an enquiry. They rang me the next day and I made an appointment for two weeks time! The first appointment was with the GP Dr Liam Caroll and he took our information and advised we had to do all the initial tests again as the results were now 12 months old. So we went off and did all the tests again and we went back to see him for results approx. 4 weeks later.

Our next appointment was with the FS Dr Susan George, she went through our results and ordered a few more tests for DH and put me on a low dose of Thyroxine as my levels were low. We had to wait 6 weeks for our next appointment as I had to be on the Thyroxine for that amount of time before the next blood test to check the levels were ok. Dr George is really nice and very through, I feel like we are in good hands with her. We will be going through ICSI. Our next appointment (same day) was with the nurse and she was super lovely and explained the whole ICSI and egg collection process along with all of the drugs/injections I will have to take. She was very warm and put us both at ease. This all starts in a few more weeks when AF arrives. We will be out of pocket no more than $700 in total for the procedure (private health excess and the medication) We have both been really happy with Primary IVF, all of the staff we have encountered there have been fantastic, warm and professional. If anyone else is going through Primary IVF Brisbane I would love to hear about your experience

Cheerycub
    Hello @Cheerycub,

I am 35, almost same age as you.

I got endometriosis, fluid in both ovarian tubes. I got them fixed last November. I stated IVF early Feb this year. This is my first cycle. We have 2 blastocysts - one was transferred and one was frozen.

I went through lots and lots of injections and drugs; and I am at day 13 after the 5day embryo transfer, waiting for BT test tomorrow. I had many different symptoms in TWW. TWW seems last forever, it's really a stressful time. I am trying not to think too much about what's going on in my belly, so less stressed.

I will post my blood test result tomorrow. Hope I will get a good number of Beta HCG. And I am happy to share you all my experience on this journey.

Good luck,
    Allthebest
    Last edited by Allthebest; 10-03-2017 at 14:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After three IUIS We did an egg retrieval but unfortunately the 14 eggs didn't fertilise so we need to do ICSI.

I got friends to check and they couldn't see it on my profile but I'm not sure if that's the group or my settings as it is closed not secret.

How do you find primary compared to City? From the group there's some things I wonder about like waiting times, monitoring and being able to get in contact as well as the egg retrieval process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @th300

How is everything going for you? Sorry for the slow response i'm just getting to know my way around Vibhinn and the forum.
    Our FS at City IVF was good , nice guy, his name is Dr Stamitou. The only negative I had about him was I have MTHFR gene issue(which I knew but also showed in my ivf blood tests) and he really pushed that I should take Elevit but I can't as its pretty much like poison to me I feel sick all the time when taking it. When I tried to explain to him why I wouldn't take Elevit he wasn't too interested in hearing about it but not too many doctors know much about the MTHFR gene defect. I take Thorne Research Prenatal and Bioceuticals Methyl-max. Are you taking supplements also? I also found the receptionists at City to be not too pleasant and communication was pretty bad. Primary IVF Bris is the opposite lovely reception staff and fantastic communication. I'm glad to have a female FS too it just puts me more at ease

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there..! Hubby and I are just about to start our ivf journey with the Oxley clinic too.. I'm 34 and hubby is 42... I've got sever pcos and he has low count.. such a nerve racking time... I wish all the best for you all xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.

We've just started with Primary Melbourne, but I found this thread to be incredibly helpful
    https://www.bubhub.com.au/community/...y-IVF-5/page60

Just in case you'd not seen it too.

I'll let you all get back to your Brisbane chat now

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    We are looking into Primary in Oxley. Can you let me know how you went?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all~

My hubby and I went through Primary IVF Oxley towards the start of this year. The initial GP appointment was wonderful as we went in quite nervous, but the Dr made us feel very relaxed and was very warm. We had all the blood tests, sperm tests, and scans done. Then we were referred to the FS.
    We got Dr Heymann and he was very warm and explained things to us in a easy to understand detailed way. After that was the nurse appointment and she was just as warm and lovely. During the injections and egg collection/transfer there were texts and I could call the nurses at any time with any question or concerns. They always answered warmly, I was never made to feel like I was a bother or a nuisance, I always felt like I mattered.
    I am now 13weeks pregnant and couldn't be happier with my experience with Primary IVF Oxley