+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unschooling4 View Post
    What does she want???
    I've actually said about 3 times in different comments that she wants to go to the state school, which is also the one I really like. Her and I sat down together and discussed them all, and she really liked the sound of the state school, even though none of her friends are going there, she thought it sounded the best. We've also been to about 7 open days of schools in the area, but he hasn't been to most of them. She has told him what she wants but he told her she doesn't get a choice.

It's frustrating because he isn't that invested in their schooling really (he doesn't do homework with them, or go to sports days or parade, etc) and I am very involved with their schooling. I think he is just picking what is easiest for him (to move both of them to the same school, so one drop off and pick up, and a bus from his house.) If she goes to the state school it will be bit tricker, but it can obviously be done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd be telling him if he won't even go to the open days, or consider his daughters wants and needs, he doesn't get a say! But I know it's not that easy. I'd suggest mediation. Surely a mediator would take your DD's needs into account and it may be the best way forward. If nothing else, it shows him you are serious about this and his preferred school is probably not the best for for her. Just because he enjoyed it there, doesn't means she HAS to.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (10-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    I've actually said about 3 times in different comments that she wants to go to the state school, which is also the one I really like. Her and I sat down together and discussed them all, and she really liked the sound of the state school, even though none of her friends are going there, she thought it sounded the best. We've also been to about 7 open days of schools in the area, but he hasn't been to most of them. She has told him what she wants but he told her she doesn't get a choice.

It's frustrating because he isn't that invested in their schooling really (he doesn't do homework with them, or go to sports days or parade, etc) and I am very involved with their schooling. I think he is just picking what is easiest for him (to move both of them to the same school, so one drop off and pick up, and a bus from his house.) If she goes to the state school it will be bit tricker, but it can obviously be done.
    Sorry I haven't read the whole thread...

I would be putting her into the state school and telling your hubby to suck it up. Your daughter wants this so it's her choice and if he isnt even involved in her schooling he really shouldn't get a say. Enroll her asap

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Unschooling4 For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (11-03-2017)