ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm finding all this terrifying. I also dont live in any of those areas but I feel like its only a matter of time that they come up this way.

Ever since reading all this for the last few days Ive hardly been able to sleep.

All these poor people this has happened to and fear it will happen to me or someone I love.

I dont want to raise my children in a place like this. When will they start to do something about this?!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shupesy For This Useful Post:

Reeve  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    And this.

"A woman needed to be sedated in hospital after she was tied up with a phone cord and brutally bashed during a daylight home invasion in Melbourne's north-west.
    Marisa Bonacci, 55, was in her pyjamas when two intruders used a screwdriver to enter her Hillside home about 11am on Tuesday."

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/hi...17-gw6yfd.html
    The suspects in this article are Caucasian.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default (Trigger Warning) Gang Home Invasions victims account

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Indeed. Its becoming a trend among a lot of gangs
    Last edited by Simil; 19-05-2017 at 07:10.

Thanks
    Reviews

And that's OK to say and when they are Caucasian it's said immediately in the tv/news report.
    When it's not and it's a particular group they refrain from giving any description.

And by way of influence or copy cat crimes, when other gangs see ow brazen the likes of the Ap3x gangs are, what's to stop them doing the same?

Most of these thugs were probably born here, if that doesn't terrify you it should.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    And that's OK to say and when they are Caucasian it's said immediately in the tv/news report.
    When it's not and it's a particular group they refrain from giving any description.

And by way of influence or copy cat crimes, when other gangs see ow brazen the likes of the Ap3x gangs are, what's to stop them doing the same?

Most of these thugs were probably born here, if that doesn't terrify you it should.
    Not sure which news you listen to. I hear on the news all the time...middle eastern/Mediterranean appearance, Caucasian, Aboriginal, etc.

And no, it doesn't terrify me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

You're anesthetised to life then.
    It should terrify everyone that this is permeating through the next generation here.

I have a way out if I feel this place is too unsafe to raise a family here.
    Australia needs to pull it's head out of the sane, starting with politicians who do absolutely nothing to tackle the real issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default (Trigger Warning) Gang Home Invasions victims account

Not sure which news you listen to. I hear on the news all the time...middle eastern/Mediterranean appearance, Caucasian, Aboriginal, etc.

Because you don't live in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. We are discussing a problem relating in particular to parts of Melbourne.

I'm sure if you lived one of those surburbs where there are home invasions occurring a few nights a week you may feel differently.

And just because it doesn't make you scared it doesn't mean other people's concerns or fears are any less valid.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 19-05-2017 at 08:24.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Reeve  (19-05-2017),Simil  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post

I'm sure if you lived one of those surburbs where there are home invasions occurring a few nights a week you may feel differently.
    It's this relaxed approach that works against the honest people and in favour of the criminals.
    Unfortunately politicians are riddled with it too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/po...16-guzgnb.html

Here is a good article.

IMG_1495147700.678648.jpg

All the bits of Melbourne that arent blue have an increased number of home invasions. So for example Carlton has had 48 home invasions in 2016.. which is double from 2015. Brunswick has had 50 home invasions in 2016. In 2012 only 23.

Its not a problem that its happening, all over the world people get homes broken into.. the problem is that it was never happening at this rate in Melbourne and its doubling each year and slowly spreading all over the state.

If you live in Melbourne it should terrify you because in 5 years time if things dont change your suburb could be hit weekly... and if you live in an apartment, someone could hit you with a hammer over your head in order to take your car one day.

We have worked hard to keep this country safe.. just because it happens in other big cities doesnt make this change OK.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Simil For This Useful Post:

Reeve  (19-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's the sheer violence of it all, more than material things being stolen, it's people being traumatised for life afterwards.

People will take things into their own hands, I've seen it happen for less.