+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default (Trigger Warning) Gang Home Invasions victims account

I am glad I'm not in Melbourne.
    My understanding is it is a huge problem and the police and courts are incapable of dealing with it.
    Home invasions, street robberies, carjackings, smash and grabs of jewellery stores. All incredibly violent and brazen- they just don't seem to care about getting caught or the consequences. It's a terrifying situation.
    What I find shocking is the general lack of publicity, media attention and talk about solutions.

I remember one horrific story about a young woman on Boxing Day (I think?) who had her throat cut with a box cutter and left for dead just so they could steal her bicycle.

ETA: and these crimes are being commited by mostly young Sudanese men, even young boys. I have no idea how they are going to deal with such a sensitive issue. I guess that's why people are reluctant to talk about it.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 12-05-2017 at 08:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LittleMissSunshine i think the reason it happens so often and not caring about getting caught is because there is lack of consequence.

The Vic Gov and Police just arent doing enough and if the legislation is preventing them from having a consequence then it needs to change.

I have heard from a reputable police source that the actual events are often left out if too traumatic.. they will publish it in the news but they may write "family home robbed through aggravated entry without further detail of things like rape, traumatising of kids etc.

They dont want the public to react too much to an issue protected by laws that arent being changed any time soon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simil For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I am glad I'm not in Melbourne.
    My understanding is it is a huge problem and the police and courts are incapable of dealing with it.
    Home invasions, street robberies, carjackings, smash and grabs of jewellery stores. All incredibly violent and brazen- they just don't seem to care about getting caught or the consequences. It's a terrifying situation.
    What I find shocking is the general lack of publicity, media attention and talk about solutions.

I remember one horrific story about a young woman on Boxing Day (I think?) who had her throat cut with a box cutter and left for dead just so they could steal her bicycle.

ETA: and these crimes are being commited by mostly young Sudanese men, even young boys. I have no idea how they are going to deal with such a sensitive issue. I guess that's why people are reluctant to talk about it.
    Here is the story I was referring to. It was on dec 22.
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/3362...thieves/#page1

Unfortunately this an all too common occurrence and barely got any publicity- which speaks volumes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Simil  (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Simil View Post
    @LittleMissSunshine i think the reason it happens so often and not caring about getting caught is because there is lack of consequence.

The Vic Gov and Police just arent doing enough and if the legislation is preventing them from having a consequence then it needs to change.

I have heard from a reputable police source that the actual events are often left out if too traumatic.. they will publish it in the news but they may write "family home robbed through aggravated entry without further detail of things like rape, traumatising of kids etc.

They dont want the public to react too much to an issue protected by laws that arent being changed any time soon.
    Yeah from what I've read in the news outlets most are granted bail and reoffend on bail repeatedly.
    I agree they need to be much much tougher- but I also think instead of just taking a reactionary stance they also need to be proactive in looking into stopping this mob from commiting crimes from occurring in the first place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Simil View Post
    That's disgusting!
    Go to work, pay your taxes, raise your children with morals and to be kind to their fellow humans, only to have PIGS come into your home whenever they feel like it, beat your husband, beat you, threaten/rape your kids and ruin the lives of all involved?
    Then have the government, the ones meant to protect and have your back, totally betray you by insulating these PIGS from any kind of public scrutiny or accountability!

That's just not good enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    This is so scary. I hope the Victorian authorities find a way to stop this and send a strong message to these criminals that it won't be tolerated.

I remember a few months ago some Vic politician made a statement about needing to curb this gang violence before the streets of Melbourne turned into the streets of Johannesburg. I have relatives who live in Johannesburg and I guess that comment got a lot of traction in the South African media because they were all outraged and offended by the 'racist' Australians.

I explained to them that in this case it really isn't about race. When you have young Africans joining gangs and terrorizing people it requires serious action. These types of home invasions, muggings, car jacking, sexual assault etc is very normal in some parts of Africa, people just live with it and take precautions to protect themselves such as razor wire fences, keeping guns in their home, having deadlocks and security grills on all windows and doors, not stopping at red lights or stop signs etc; but if you hear that someone has been hurt or even killed during a home invasion no one is that shocked or surprised because it's a fact of life there. IMO whoever that politician was that made that statement was correct, we do need to do something before that becomes normal and acceptable here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I shared this story with the anderson family with DH this morning and he is still thinking about it. So disturbing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yesterday I set up the auto central locking on my car for the first time in 4yrs since I had the function. Not crime related but a guy got out of his car to abuse me for giving a beep to point out the light was green at the traffic lights. I had both kids in the car as he stood there swearing at me. Really made me think twice.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Reeve  (17-05-2017)