+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First baby at 37 years, first trimester.

Hi,
    I'm 37 in August, and just found out I'm pregnant. In fact 4 weeks 3 days and I'm sorry to say I'm so shocked! You see a little history to me is that I did ivf with my ex husband back in 2012. 4 attempts and nothing, yep 4 attempts one year wasted on trying to have a baby. Well short story of this they couldn't get me to produce eggs. Was told " put your name on the adoption list" " never to have children by yourself" well my husband left me after having an affair and getting his mistress pregnant.
    2016 seen me shopping for a surgeon to do my tummy tuck. 6 years it took me to lose 100kgs! Yes you read that right. You see my husband left me at about 90kgs ( you have to be under a 100kgs to do ivf) so I found a surgeon and booked myself in for the 8th of may 2017 ( paid in full) yesterday I went to the doctor thinking I'm going into early menopause, missed periods, sore boobs and pain in my tummy to the point I'm rolling on the floor in tears. But the worst is still not mention night sweats. As in dripping wet hair and waking up feeling like I'm in a pool. I spoke to mum and she said, "welcome to menopause"! (family history of very early menopause) go and see our doctor and tell her to run tests. Righto yeap off I go yesterday to see her early appointment. Thinking I was menopausal. She asked me if there was any chance I could be pregnant! I laugh and say have you forgot our morning dates in 2012. My ex husband refused to put an needle in my asre and paid doctor to do it ( hormone injections) ivf thing. She said I will get a urine sample from you and we will do full testing. I like sweet this is easy! Sample done sitting there smiling and I was watching her do her thing then she gets a prego test out. Comes back to the desk and starts typing away on computer. 1 min has gone im scratching in my bag to find my phone as it is ringing ( yeap forgot to turn that off) doctor goes " you silly girl Honey you are pregnant" I'm looking at the test strip and remembering that 27 year old guy I went home with in first weekend in feb, I'm getting flash backs of drinking, drinking and hot sex. She said when was the first date of your periods at this time I'm trying to turn my phone on to get to that period appy thingy. Then I suddenly remembered the weekend before coz I went camping and the Friday night prior to going out I'm spotting. Calendar beside desk I lean over find the hot sex drunk night then give her then date. She goes ok so your 4 weeks 3 days. Due blah blah nov. I'm sitting there going ****, **** and omg I can't remember the guys name. Coz it matters at this point right! I mean **** really, the one time I have a one night stand let my hair down am happy with my life mapped out. Suddenly omg no tummy tuck and no holiday to Thailand to get new boobs. Yeap so I got bloods taken, I'm in a rush to get out of there. I have hot tears ready to fall! I get out of there and tears are ********* down my face, I'm trying to find a place to hide so I knick out a fire door and sit outside and I'm rumbling in my bag for my phone. Yes!!!! I ring the only person I knew would understand why I'm so shocked yes wait for it! Ex husband. Conversations blah blah blah and he listen for 15 mins before going I remember I had a wife that was so desperate for a child that after round two ivf she wanted to keep going. You have always wanted a child and now before you get your perfect body it is giving you a gift. At that point I've stop crying I am smiling coz even after what he done to me or to us. He is right! ( never said this ladies to him) he has remarried 2 kids to the mistress he left me for. I don't hate him, nope he did the biggest favor to me. I hated marriage life. I'm not a home maker, can't cook and I tolerate cleaning coz I can't stand dirt on my feet. I thanked him and he offered me one piece of advice " go talk to your mum" go now! get in the car and stand in front of your mum and say hello grandma. So I did, and for the first time in my life she cried and hugged me. Then the treaded question "whom is the father?" Umm mum on the night of ........ I let a 27 year old on heat guy take me home and do very naughty stuff to me. And left early in the morning. Mum like Great I don't have to share my granddaughter/son. She smiles and says thank you for making my day/year/life. So mum is making tea and she says go and sit down I will bring it out. I sit at the table and for the first time in my life I have made my mum cry happy tears and seen a smile that was so big. Im digressing I turn 37 in August I'm 4 weeks 4 days pregnant today and I'm now ****ting myself. Thinking how am I going to live pay rent feed a baby and omg I have to be a mummy. I'm sharing this for someone to have wisdom and help me what my next step is. Why is it that the parental leave support at centre link want me to use my long service to raise a child when I want to keep it for surviving while off work to have my tummy tuck (after baby) I feel my ship has sailed and I'm standing alone on the beach waving it goodbye! Is this even normal? Please please anyone come and stand on the beach with me and make this easy for me.
    Thank you for reading this, I really hope I made you laugh and cry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be on the beach with you... wishing you all the best. Thanks for the story! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow...congratulations and a really cool story ...your Australia's Bridget Jones.

You have your mum and her support...a baby you have always wanted...your body will come back once baby is born...mine only too 1 week and you will be busy. Your priorities will change once you baby comes.

All the best
    Butterfly x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Embrace this it has happened for a reason and scary yes but you will do... Age is just a number and if you embrace it this will be an amazing incredible journey... No one needs to know the circumstances around it just enjoy it and know it's the path that has come for you just when you thought it would never happen. You will be ok that I promise we are all here to support you.
    Get yourself some pregnancy vitamins and start getting your body ready for the amazing changes... Life will be different and hard but in a good way every smile hug and kiss comes with something only a mother and child can know share and bond through. You got this you will be amazing I promise this and some days you will be just ok
    Fall to pieces if you need and then slowly rebuild you got this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news....amazing story. I bet this will change your life

Best of Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amazing story, congratulations and good luck I'm sure u will figure it all out. Ohh and don't forget to breathe......take it all in because you will blink and you will be dropping a 5yr old off for first day of kindy.